• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Iron Rock

Deep within the Valkyrie mountains, where the wind's strength is enough to peel the skin off of your bones, even the rocks have been forced to adapt. The sides of the rock have been peeled to such a degree, that they resemble an iron ingot, after which the black cliffs of the north have been named.

Download LQ texture here (~175kb)

Model made by HellGate
Texture by DSgamer
Special thanks to Talavaj for converting the model to .mdx

10-13-2012. - Updated the texture with more detail
10-06-2013. - [Hotfix] Added a LQ texture
10-06-2013. - Uploaded

Please give credit to us if used.
If you want to edit the model, seek permission from HellGate.
If you want to edit the texture, PM or VM me whenever you feel like it.

Keywords:
Rock, Iron, Black, Dark, Crude, Hell, Gate, Winter, Snow, Northern, Cliff, Mountain, Stone, Ingot, frost, obsidian, Kon, Yuki.
Contents

Black Iron Rock (Model)

Reviews
18:43, 24th Jan 2014 Kwaliti: Odd looking, but nonetheless useful.

M

18:43, 24th Jan 2014
Kwaliti:

Odd looking, but nonetheless useful.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Ops, sorry. Forgot to add a LQ texture. Updating the main post with it now.

Level 26
As pointed out in the hivechat. Rocks do not adapt. Rocks just be rocks.

However, if the piercing gale of the cold nordic winter froze an erupting volcano into a strange bending wall and then as hundreds of years passed,
the piercing gale of the wind chiseled the rocks formation into a sturdy formation..

Or something, at the very least it sounds better than saying that the rocks adapted.
The only thing that does is reminding me of is "What's this? Geodude is evolving!"

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The snow tree is just an edited texture of this tree. Credits for the edit go to Shadow44. I'd gladly send it though I feel you should at least drop him a line just to be sure he's ok with it :)

EDIT: I've updatdd the model's texture. The new screenie also features a sneak peek at my Snow Cobble Stone Tile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
The snow tree is just an edited texture of this tree. Credits for the edit go to Shadow44. I'd gladly send it though I feel you should at least drop him a line just to be sure he's ok with it :)

EDIT: I've updatdd the model's texture. The new screenie also features a sneak peek at my Snow Cobble Stone Tile.

The link for the tree isn't good... someone?