1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Black Fur Hunter

Submitted by -Grendel
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
first wolf-man model. give crits. thnx

~Update:
-head is now bigger than the last version. screenshot is not updated

Keywords:
wolf, dog, black, dire, hunter, worgen
Contents

Black Fur Hunter (Model)

Black Fur Hunter (Model)

Reviews
21:09, 11th Feb 2011 anarchianbedlam: Looks good, works ingame, could be useful. approved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drake0

Drake0

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome Scythe 5/5

2. CeDiL

CeDiL

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Original and nice, you should add at least one more attack animation and one spell animation, also this could use some better textures for shoulders, shield and weapon.
    3/5

Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  3. 13L4M3

13L4M3

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Too fancy shoulders and Weapon if you compare them with the rest of his armor :O give him more armor i'd say... but what do i know... maybe i'm dumb :D

4. Jake Command Wolf

Jake Command Wolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    This model looks pretty cool but the shield and shoulder pads are taken from perfjert's undead shield model, do you have permission to use it?

Just wondering...

Regards,

5. -Grendel

-Grendel

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    i see you did not actually bother to download the model. you see man, my shield was taken from the infernal cannon model and remapped it to the meat wagon skin, its also noticeable it has more polys than it. same goes for the shoulders, only its taken from the golem model. i know stealing is forbidden here so you better not accuse me

6. nickel510

nickel510

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry to see it says retired under your name, you made such great models!, but I'll still give my short review of this model in hopes that you'll update it.

-Animations are all great, very fitting for this model. Not sure what animations they're from (kind of look like peon's but modified?) IDK but w/e they work just fine for this model.
    - Heads a bit hard to see in-game, and actually it might look better if it was just a bit bigger, but I like how his head is small, it makes the model more unique. I also like his spikey-haired mane, it looks really good.
    - My biggest problem though is with the coloring of the shoulder pads and shield (and to a much lesser extent, the weapon). The pads just stick out too much, I think it would look a lot better if they were team color, same with the shield. Shields not that big of a deal though since its not nearly as noticable, but the shoulder pads really need to be changed I think, it just makes this unit look out of place next to other units.
    - I also think the weapon could be improved. I like the weapon, but for a soldierly looking worgen, it seems a bit out of place. I think it would work great for a necromancer unit or something like that, but I think an axe, or some other more solid looking weapon would be better suited for this type of unit (the weapon just looks a non-effective and brittle).

I really like the model and if anything pleease make a version where the shoulder pads are team color, or something like that, I really think it would improve this model.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for great models you've given us Amph!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  7. Sorvaltis

Sorvaltis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool worgen

8. Solu9

Solu9

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great great model. But still lacks in the animation department.

3,5/5 (only 1 attack animation and no spell?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.