• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Forest 1.6

A farming band lives on a remote farm. Prosperous, the day the farmers devote themselves to their traditional activities. However, at night, they face many dangers from the forest.
Discord link : Join the Black Forest Discord Server!

About the Map

Kind of Map : Survival and Co-op map

Number of Players :14

Gameplay : You need to gather ressources during day time. You need to defend yourself during the night.

Video :

Screenshots

Close

full

[TD]
full

Changelogs

Close

Version1.00

[TD]
-English Version

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[TD]
full

[/TD]

[/TD]

Version1.00

Version1.01

Version1.02

Version1.03

Version1.04

Version1.05

Version1.06

Version1.07

Version1.08

Unexpected tab 10

[TD]
-Translation finished
-7 New levels
[/TD]

[TD]
-Items can be destroyed
-Save and Load works
-Ending fixed
-Lag reduced during night time
-Descriptions added for damages
-Defense stance reworked
[/TD]

[TD]
-Escape no long activate the menu
-Manchester Supporter unit has been slowed down
-Some models are changed
-New boss patern
-Footmen removed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Save and Load works again
-14 players compatible
-Nerf Hulk Hogan
-9-P0 fix
[/TD]

[TD]
-Add Scrap Merchant
-New Music
-Terrain reworked
-Minor bug fixed
[/TD]

[TD]
-Add Craft Merchant
-Fix Minor Bugs
[/TD]

[TD]
-Fixes various bugs
-Can buy extra solar panel and extra wood cutter
[/TD]

[TD]
-reworked the Farm and made it more easy to defend
-bodies despawn faster
-bug of the panel limit fixed
-naga and terrorists units are charging
-ultimate wave reworked
-nicolas cage's minions no longer give xp
-shotgun and lathi do splash damages
-fixed the bug for fast wood cutter
-armors can no longer be stacked
-weapons and heals reload are no longer matched
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TR]

[TD]
[TD]

Credits

Close

Models

Music

[TD]
Pyramidhe@d
MrBob
OlofMoleman
Fingolfin
StormLegacy
HappyTauren
Nasrudin
Tranquil
Urkdrengi
Communist_Orc
Willthealmighty
paulH

[/TD]

[TD]
Voices
US Soldier - Heart of Iron 4
Musics
Overlord Theme
[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD]

[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
[TD]

Keywords:
Farm, Forest, Survival, Monsters, Weird, Trade, Team, Economy[/TD]
Contents

Black Forest 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Is this by any chance inspired by the game Horde? (The Horde (video game) - Wikipedia) Overall a really fun game when played with other people. Awaiting Update. ======================================================= Always check/recheck the Map...
Level 3
Finally you translated it!! I've been waiting for this map to be on English Version. You have a lot of good maps that's on French Language like Pagaille au Village and Grand Theft Auto Paris. Are you gonna translate them somewhere in the future too?

Level 1
Nice map, but there is still non english translation when you try to use fireball on short distance. You can fix it in next patch

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Is this by any chance inspired by the game Horde? (The Horde (video game) - Wikipedia)

1. Why not have information written in the log instead of having to write a chat command to find out about the map?
2. The thread description is kind of lacking. The game info should be here if not in the Q-log as well.
3. You lose track of the CTRL+number for the hero when switching between weapons.
4. ESC brings out a menu. It's annoying when you want to cancel actions using escape.
5. Not sure "arbre" is in English. Neither is Survivant.
6. Not sure if those remarks for beginners are actually useful or even funny.
7. Conseil (adviser) says something in French after -restart.
8. Weird for merchants to be in the way of the monsters. Hide them during the night? Nights aren't really dark at all...
9. Armure en Bois with everything there in French
10. The field is a bit annoying to look at since it's a doodad and terrain tile on repeat.
11. There are some Footmen in the right upper corner of the map...
12. Some items on the merchants have no icon, they're black/void. It's their DISBTNs. You could use these programs and make some for them if you don't have any to import:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
13. After the night ends: something the survivor says in French. Then something and Chapitre 2 written in yellow. Same for every round I guess.
14. The merchants disappeared after the first night and were not seen the next day. Oh, they appeared almost near half the day.
15. The Survivor's soundset is in French.
16. Credits for sounds and other things than Models?
17. Why the big screenshot at the start of the description when there's a specific rubric for that?
18. Towers can be destroyed through the walls by the melee attackers...

Overall a really fun game when played with other people.

Awaiting Update.

=======================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Last edited:

Kazeon

Hosted Project: EC
Level 33

1. Why not have information written in the log instead of having to write a chat command to find out about the map?
2. The thread description is kind of lacking. The game info should be here if not in the Q-log as well.
3. You lose track of the CTRL+number for the hero when switching between weapons.
4. ESC brings out a menu. It's annoying when you want to cancel actions using escape.
5. Not sure "arbre" is in English. Neither is Survivant.
6. Not sure if those remarks for beginners are actually useful or even funny.
7. Conseil (adviser) says something in French after -restart.
8. Weird for merchants to be in the way of the monsters. Hide them during the night? Nights aren't really dark at all...
9. Armure en Bois with everything there in French
10. The field is a bit annoying to look at since it's a doodad and terrain tile on repeat.
11. There are some Footmen in the right upper corner of the map...
12. Some items on the merchants have no icon, they're black/void. It's their DISBTNs. You could use these programs and make some for them if you don't have any to import:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
13. After the night ends: something the survivor says in French. Then something and Chapitre 2 written in yellow. Same for every round I guess.
14. The merchants disappeared after the first night and were not seen the next day. Oh, they appeared almost near half the day.
15. The Survivor's soundset is in French.
16. Credits for sounds and other things than Models?
17. Why the big screenshot at the start of the description when there's a specific rubric for that?
18. Towers can be destroyed through the walls by the melee attackers...

1. I've added some descriptions in the F9 as well
2. I've made some changes
3. Unfortunatly, I can't do much about. When you change weapon, your unit is replaced
4. Ok I'll check it
5. Fixed
6. Well, maybe
7. Fixed
8. During night time, the merchants left the field
9. Fixed
10. Well I could manage that later on
11. I've never seen those guys
12. Well I need to spare some space because the map is already quite heavy
13. Fixed
14. They appeared one in game hour after the mobs are killed
15. Fixed
16. Credits added
17. Fixed
18. The towers are not great anyhow

As for the inspiration, I've digged up an old map of mine Zombie Escape to do this one

Level 3
We made into wave where Stone Giants Zombies start to spawn and it lags the whole game (I'm the host) but didn't crash because it freezes. We made a total of 8 tunnels on the whole map. We also have unusable items lying on the whole map like pile of them because we can't sell items we bought in merchants like guns so we drop them. We also had many Solar Panels probably like 10-20 inside the map cuz we are 6 players there. We also use those wood cutters that we also have same amount of Solar Panels. I don't know what kind of experience this is but is there a way for you to put a command like -clear items or a storage for us to put our guns? We didn't finish it because everyone warcraft 3 is freezing and we all died in the end without doing anything.

Please fix this bug, limit the tunnel, or make the tunnel only usable for Farmers because my fps drops when huge pile of zombies walk through over it. <--- (Probably the cause of freezing.)

LOL Thanks! Great Map to play over and over again.

P.S
We are playing the Easy mode that's why we made it into stone giants zombies.

Level 1
Played for good 3 hours before getting to wave 18 i think and then the map just never finished nightime.
Every item besides lance seemed useless to me because you couldnt get killed by attacks in the defend form so i guess thats a bug.
Needs a little more polish, maybe knowing the damage values of weapons before buying them, traps or more specifically turrets not being absolutely useless oh and maybe the tank top not getting separated would be nice.

Attachments

• unknown (1).png
    unknown (1).png
    1.4 MB · Views: 559
Level 1
Hello i need some help with the saving caracter so what is it and what i will get when i load caracter and do i need to finish the 20 wave to save a caracter bcz nothing happen when i load it thanks in advance

Level 1
Thanks. Can you be more specific about the glitches ? I would like to fix these.
About the fps drops, do they only happen when the mobs arrived ?

Yh when mobs arrive and sometime it stuck at night when all mobs are already dead .. and at wave 21 it stuck at night and no mobs arrive and the game stop at night it happened with me yesterday and about the save character it never load the stats i saved i saved with 16k xp it loaded with 360xp but i didnt finish the game maybe bcz of that

Level 1
Yes the save and load system was broken. It will be fixed in the 1.02. It's weird you managed to go to the wave 21 since the game considered it is done by the wave 20. I need to check
On 1.0 it was fine it just ended on wave 20 but on 1.01 it passed the wave 20 and had a wave 21 and never end it stuck there

Level 3
I told you when press esc and save the character it tells us to allow local files even though its already allowed so that didn't let us to save. I only have this korean rpg map save file called TWRPG on CustomMapData folder.

Level 6
Stupid idea with local gamecache saving or whatever it is ... broken. I alraedy had my LocalFiles "Allowed" and yet it didn't work.
At Night 3 and the The Manchester supporters are OMG WTF? Easily rape heavy armored "Tank". AS and MS should be decreased a bit.

Tips..: Give the players time to gather resources. Make damage, health, etc, scale up with the total players ingame // or a Difficulty mode.

-Windows if not repaired will get destroyed and un-maintainable,. So what to build to block? Tried to swap rooms but That's not the best option.

A question: How does that robot work? Does it Chop/Mine at nights? Is it invulnerable or does it pull incoming waves or nearby monsters ?

(2players raid)

Good Job creating such map. It's addicting.

I think I missed to write about certain something..

Level 2
we played on standard and it was too easy, we got to night 20 then all left due bored...

btw: operation OP, nerf pls (especially leg operation)

Level 6
With Local files enabled.. Still that message pops out. No code, no save, No folder,..
Also, when revived with Emergency kit, Player's mana == 0 Which means, MS==0[Very Slow] Unable to go anywhere nor to rest or so. Reconsider this.

Also also,. please dont use LocalGameCache to save progression <3
Edit: Add a Info Box in F9 with commands list, such as -save/load; -restart; -kick (if there is any) etc.

Level 6
Bump.
Your save command works only during wave 1. I'm having issues saving after Wave 1. Code does not appear.
Also, If you check Logs folder in "Warcraft III" folder, you'll find "Black Forest_Char11.pld" file. Edit it and there's your code.

Level 3
Literally no fucking form of the save command functions as intended, horribly undescriptive information section, poorly explained mechanics, Ammunition gets consumed at the beginning of the attack animation thus causing insane amounts of wasted ammo. Incomplete Translation. And again NONFUNCTIONING SAVE LOAD JESUS CHRIST.

Last edited:
Level 1
After the "loading Character" time is over,
I can't continue using the save command.
I hope you can fix it or cancel it
This is a good map, thank you.

Last edited:
Level 1
@purparisien I host a lot of your Black Forest Map and your NEWEST UPDATE "Black Forest v 1.09" Has a few bugs.
Bugs are as followed:
-Cannot REVIVE other PLAYERS when using medkits it would say "UNABLE TO TARGET this UNIT"
-When BUYING NEW EXPLOITATION for example Buying GRInder for SAW : Player cannot drop other Equipment (saw) It stays within the inventory. This also applies to picking up other peoples equipment for USE.
-Armor is ALWAYS DROPPED whenever changing to different EQUIPMENT
-After DAY 2-3 or NIGHTS, PLAYERS can still BUILD MORE SOLAR PANELS and WOODCUTTERS exceeding the limit of 5

Just letting you know :D

Last edited:
@purparisien I host a lot of your Black Forest Map and your NEWEST UPDATE "Black Forest v 1.09" Has a few bugs.
Bugs are as followed:
-Cannot REVIVE other PLAYERS when using medkits it would say "UNABLE TO TARGET this UNIT"
-When BUYING NEW EXPLOITATION for example Buying GRInder for SAW : Player cannot drop other Equipment (saw) It stays within the inventory. This also applies to picking up other peoples equipment for USE.
-Armor is ALWAYS DROPPED whenever changing to different EQUIPMENT
-After DAY 2-3 or NIGHTS, PLAYERS can still BUILD MORE SOLAR PANELS and WOODCUTTERS exceeding the limit of 5

Just letting you know :D

The release of the 1.09 was a bit chaotic. I've done a quick update to improve everything.
-Revive works properly
-The armor drops is fixed
-the solar panel bug is fixed

Level 1
@purparisien Hey PURP! I host a lot of your Black Forest maps and I was wondering if you can fix the kiting situation with the zombie and make it more of a "IN-HOUSE DEFENDING SURVIVAL" during the night. Throughout hosting your Black Forest map I realized many people LOVE to KITE the ZOMBIES due to the fact they all slow down or stop.

Is there a possibility where you can decrease the mana of survivors who are KITING OUTSIDE the HOUSE during the night? Just an Idea.

Some bugs or problems:

-4 CHAN ADDICT ZOMBIES STOP when they use TAUNT or they get STUCK in one place.
-Blaster gamma cannot be dropped when Unequipped, however during the cool down of switching weapons it can be dropped (shows a outline when it can be equipped)
-Artillery Tanks DO NOT WORK nor ATTACK ZOMBIES they only can ATTACK ANIMALS.
-Second floor Night Bug --> After the end of the night starting the next day some players experience their screen still black and not sunny anymore.

Hello everyone, I've been working a bit on the last version. It includes various changes

Version 1.1:
-Hardcore mode added
-XP Guns now split the experience between all the players
-XP Guns are limited at one by person
-Tank can have unique abilities when mix with another type of tank
-Team reseaches can be bought at the new merchant
-Wood cutter and Solar panels can be bought normally
-Ressources vehicles give normal scraps when sold
-Add torches to build in traps
-Power armors are auto-activated
-Guns are no longer undropable
-Provocation range from the 4chan addict is reduced