1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Beyond the Throne: Tides of Darkness

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Kam, Apr 8, 2007.

1. TheFifthHorseman

TheFifthHorseman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, I was just wondering where you got your blight texture from? I tried your credit links and none of them worked for me if you could help me out that would be great.

2. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Doesn't he use the blight from the Tales of Raviganion mod? That would be in the MPQ for TToR listed in "Projects of old" thread that Kam put together:
    Projects of old, gather ye' resources... [Mod Compendium]

If you want more credits than that, maybe TToR has some credits listed for that resource?

3. TheFifthHorseman

TheFifthHorseman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks, will be useful.

4. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Welcome to 1.30.1 everyone! Enjoy!

5. ∆ Op†imise¬

∆ Op†imise¬

Resources:
    Resources:
    Could you fit the night elves into this? Maybe add some of the units they had like sentries and wardens? And to play as the expanded night elves there should be button whenever your race is night elves the game starts and asks if you wanna play Naga. Thats just an idea but it'd be great if the night elves could fit though to make it more complete...

6. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
  7. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Frozen Void has been made smaller after feedback that is was far too expansive.

No additional updates.

8. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Progress update on a new 6 player map that will be out soon. I'm looking forward to the chaos!

Attached Files:

9. Retera

Retera

Tool Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looks fun!

10. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Welcome to a world with the much requested 6 player map!

11. Adunai

Adunai

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is pure, unadulterated insanity of a mod. Literally Warcraft IV. What I would like to emphasize is the visual design and clarity - it feels like an extension of WC3, most units and buildings do not strike me as from some other game, they do look at home when compared alongside the original roster. At the same time, they are not simple recolours, with so many new styles and mechanics they do pretend to be something more, something that needs a good story to correspond with it and to explain it, to draw the player into it.

I have just learned of this mod (or should I say, a compilation of maps, because WC3 does not allow multiplayer mods, unlike C&C: Generals, for example) from Grubby.

I shouldn't have been surprised that you started working on it in 2002. The quality of your work is outstanding. You went through so much stuff already in the game and respectfully integrated it into your creation (i.e., the Wand of Neutralization). The vocabulary is mostly clean, precise, stylish and inventive. The moment I noticed the masterfully crafted custom UI, I knew it was not an ordinary trash modification.

My complaint would be that the hired catapult's splash effect looks overly big, and the circling flaming stones above the teleporting buildings of the Lost race are placed too high. Grubby mentioned that the ordinary T1 unit of the Lost race may be confused for a summon (they are too thin, I guess?).

Also, some rare tooltips do show inconsistent style or are just not good enough. For example, you've improved the description of Sleep (by adding missing info).

"A sleeping unit can be awoken by attacking it". > Why not "by being attacked", or, even better, "is awoken be attacked"?

Another case is Derelict's Palette spell, "Proxy summon units as needed at the cost of mana and charges". Do the words "proxy" and "needed" have a place here, from the point of style? And, about mana and charges, if units do take fixed amounts, you might change it to "required mana and charges", but I'm not too sure about how it works anyway.

P.S. Is Kael'thas dead? :(

12. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thank you for the comment! It's wonderful to read that you hold BTT in such high regard. I am already making changes based on the commentary from his stream. There is lore available here for the Lost. Anytime you have feedback please let me know. We can set up a time to play as well if you'd like to.

This is a timeline separate from WoW as I've imagined it so he would be alive.

13. Kam

Kam

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Small update to fix some bugs, and simplify gameplay for several units.

14. BizzaroFukuro

BizzaroFukuro

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is quite impressive and fresh.
    Just feel overwhelmed with the amount of new stuff :D