• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Classic like Melee Paladin

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Hello!
These are my version of the melee paladin that has a more classic look to the original human paladin.
The model was originally created by me and had some updates done by Fugrim.
Important changes:
  • Uses hair from Uther
  • Changed the portrait to resemble the O.G.model
  • Uses Arthas hammer with custom textures
  • Added team color placement to the shoulderpad
Check out our other works here:
Hope you enjoy!
All feedback is welcomed.
Previews
Contents

Classic HeroPaladin (Model)

Classic HeroPaladin Icons (Icon)

Classic HeroPaladin portrait (Model)

Level 4
Great idea, but it didn't differentiate from Uther and it still keeps all the same materials as Paladin Reforged. Some time ago I started a project. But using Uther's face would be a very faithful copy of him for the high Reforged details. I thought about developing his Face from the Villager Man's face, giving it a more distinct look, resizing some parts of his face, his beard and recoloring it.
I would keep the Uther model as the base of the skeleton, but using the new face of the Villager, then changing several elements, from the hammer to almost all the other accessories, creating from other HD models to get even closer to the classic Human Paladin.
1660134904800.png

1660137641409.png

Level 12
Great idea, but it didn't differentiate from Uther and it still keeps all the same materials as Paladin Reforged. Some time ago I started a project. But using Uther's face would be a very faithful copy of him for the high Reforged details. I thought about developing his Face from the Villager Man's face, giving it a more distinct look, resizing some parts of his face, his beard and recoloring it.
I would keep the Uther model as the base of the skeleton, but using the new face of the Villager, then changing several elements, from the hammer to almost all the other accessories, creating from other HD models to get even closer to the classic Human Paladin.
View attachment 404984
View attachment 404994
you know i probably said this more times now i am only beginner so learning most of this will probably take some great amount of time for me though i will probably make all sorts of different variations so to make sure the people like that 1 or like the other variation and also was sitting here nonstop thinking about it i were to ever do make it as you have suggested i need some people to help to really make it real if i were to do it all by my self too long of a time just to make it around 1 to 2 months time since i've worked in retera for almost 5 days at best

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey :)
I see in this image that the beard needs a bit of positioning in the portrait :D View attachment 404972
Also, what I also can suggest for him would be to add arthas lionhead to the belt and retexturing a bit the hair to make it all gray (making him even more unique compared to default uther)
yup funny enough i tried to fix it by giving the lower part the lip parent to make it move with the mouth but it was bigger fail since it was so goddamn funny to look at though i will probably just use uther instead because if someone talks their beard moves not stays still like the 1 i am using right now so i probably might use uther's portrait instead and just modify that

Level 35
yup funny enough i tried to fix it by giving the lower part the lip parent to make it move with the mouth but it was bigger fail since it was so goddamn funny to look at though i will probably just use uther instead because if someone talks their beard moves not stays still like the 1 i am using right now so i probably might use uther's portrait instead and just modify that
wait...the model too talks...doesn't that have an issue too?
if not then import thr hair from the model into the portrait and just position it