• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In the new site is it possible to not auto-lock old threads?

My guess is that the number of necro reports ≈ number of requests for thread reopening. If this is true, then the work for the staff is more or less the same. Then we might as well remove this hassle for people legitimately wanting to resurrect their threads.

Roland

R

Roland

The heck's going on? I can't access on the Hive MK-2's Chatroom!
9sq1tOM.png

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
I have multiple notes/suggestions. I'll try to be as compact as possible, keep in mind that I am just sharing observations and opinions.

• Some bb codes are either bugged, or they now use different code which I don't know. [size] and
    are the ones I noticed are bugged. You can see them here: click
    [*]You have the tabs on top (Home, Forums, Media, etc). Resources is last from left to right. Imo, it should be probably immediately after forums.
    [*]Once you click the "Resources" tab, Maps is nearly at the bottom. Again, I think it should be on top. Models, spells and skins... everything goes into Maps, so they should be on top if you ask me.
    [*]Resources in classic hive are separated by rows, kind of like a table. In hive 2.0, you don't have that. The 'rows' make it feel more organized and easier to differentiate resources from one another. Here,
    186388-albums6678-picture107792.png

186388-albums6678-picture107793.png

That's all for now.

EDIT:
  • also seems not to be working.
    EDIT 2:
    seems not to work only if no "title" for it is given, like
    for example.
    -I don't like how sticky treads are not nicely separated from the rest like before.
    -Not a fan of how the new Rep Gems look, but that might be only me.

Last edited:

Moy

Moy

Level 49
BTW When I click the Resources tab in my profile, all of my submitted resource are visible including the rejected and deleted ones, or am I the only one seeing it privately(?).

Also, is the graphic of the site final or we'll be expecting like the layout/design proposed by Archian?

Likes Received?

Where's my album? :xxd:

I can't find the threads started by me. :(

Thread bugged: http://beta.roflmania.com/threads/nightmares-texturing-creations.270120/

My signature doesn't show up.

That's all for now. Just observations but I'm just letting you know.

Level 21
Is it just me or is everything ported over?I see all accounts with their posts etc and on my page i see all the vms I have here

The beta is not up to date. Does it get updated once a week or when you feel like it or how does it work?somewhere?

The databases had to be imported/converted to the new forum system. It's a one-time thing. You can't expect THW 1.0 and THW 2.0 to have all the content synced automatically. When the beta is over all of the posts made on THW 1.0 will be re-imported to the new site before it goes live.

The databases had to be imported/converted to the new forum system. It's a one-time thing. You can't expect THW 1.0 and THW 2.0 to have all the content synced automatically. When the beta is over all of the posts made on THW 1.0 will be re-imported to the new site before it goes live.

Actually I expected to see a mostly empty site so I was positively surprised :)

Level 11
Alright, I don't know if anybody mentioned it, but when you go to
any resource section, it's pretty hard to figure out who made it
because of the grey name that almost matches the background.
Same thing applies to tags, but not as much, since they are not
as important.

Suggesting to make it a little brighter so it would stand out more.

Roland

R

Roland

I think you should be not in a hurry about this.. (if there's a second attack, then you should go in fast-mode then) Well, I hope there will be good improvements to the site and it's security measures, Hope you the best luck, Rasmus.

Status
Not open for further replies.