Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Beta Screenshots

Discussion in 'Project WarSoc' started by MindWorX, Jul 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinitynexus

Infinitynexus

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Oh dont worry about RtC getting done, its a bit more fuzzy on WarSoc, since Im practically doing everything myself.. its kinda graphic heavy

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When's the next screenshot/image update?

~Craka_J

3. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Whats the difference between Reinvinenting the Craft and WarSoc?

4. MindWorX

MindWorX

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WarSoc is a subproject of Reinventing the Craft, the goals of RtC is to add extended functionality to the game, where WarSoc does that, and more, by adding the ability to have more players and allows connecting to a game that's already started.

5. SFilip

SFilip

Resources:
    Resources:
    RtC is a project that adds a bunch of natives such as the MouseAPI that can be used in standard maps.
    WarSoc is an addon for RtC which adds a couple more natives that allow you to mess with network traffic, thus allowing for instance maps without the player limit of 12 since Warcraft would consider it a single player game.

6. BloodStorm2262

BloodStorm2262

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    thanks for clearing that up, and based on your descriptions... I can't wait for either :-D although warsoc is "breaking terms of conduct"

7. redmarine

redmarine

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Any more images ?

8. Anti_Bodies

Anti_Bodies

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    should i be scared to go on battlenet with the RtC thing? i like how i can easily change the size of the screen, but because im running battle.net from this program i dont want to get banned.

Edit: since im posting (in the right thread im pretty sure), how is the WarSoc multiplayer maddness comming along? it sounds like a revolutionary warcraft idea.

9. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It hacks the .exe so I don't think it is recommended.

10. Bowzerbro

Bowzerbro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Exciting stuff indeed. Can this come to mean that leavers will no longer be a problem? ♥

11. killax

killax

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, Im thinking that this is a warcraft 3 orpg but whenever you go on battle.net it goes straight to it, am I right?

12. Handycombinder

Handycombinder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nope, your going to play a single-player game using WarSoc and then it goes online.

13. TheBlooddancer

TheBlooddancer

Resources:
    Resources:
    How will multiplayermadness work?
    On Battlenet too?

14. SFilip

SFilip

Resources:
    Resources:
    Forget battle.net. Single player only. But with WarSoc the map will be able to make other players affect your own single player game. Well, technically, that's how all multiplayer games actually work.
    Still don't get it? Wait for a release. It'll all become clear.

15. bboy-tiger-

bboy-tiger-

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hm then, we wont see each other when playing ?

16. Omniferous

Omniferous

Resources:
    Resources:
    No, for all practical purposes, it is the exact same as being on Battle.net without the restrictions of submitting to Blizzard's normal multi-player standards. For instance, when you play online you don't actually see another person moving their mouse around, ordering units and sitting plugged into your computer. The way a multi-player online game works is simply by creating an instance of a game for the 'host' (because it's peer-to-peer, one person has to have the original game, or in this case the 'host'). While the game goes on, each computer relays information about what each player wants to do with their units to other players, and that gets executed for other players on their screens as well.

In layman's terms: If we play a game on battle.net, I'm not imputing commands directly into your computer, I'm doing things on my own computer. When I order my men, your computer copies the command like a mirror. You're technically only seeing and interacting with the mirror image of my units, but since when you affect the mirror it affects the real unit on my end, for all intensive purposes you are -really- interacting with me. The chat system in game works just like an instant message (which functions in the same basic way). I'm not typing the message into your computer: I'm typing it on mine, then it copies that message and sends it to you, then it displays it for you. When you respond, the same thing is done: the message is sent to me so I can read it.

The reason it is done on single player is that the single player game automatically assumes there is only one player (which is technically true, it just so happens that another player is allowed to command the "computer's" units via orders being sent to them through the computer). As a result, since the other players aren't actually "players" as defined by Warcraft III, you can have as many players as you want, since all you have to do is choose a different set of units that that "player" is allowed to issue order for.

Still don't understand? Feel free to ask, and I'll try to explain again.

17. L_Voeltz_

L_Voeltz_

Resources:
    Resources:
    alright omni even tho i dont really no what rep is on this website
    so tell me what to do to give u "rep"

18. Jackle

Jackle

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait...have you guys done the wokr that makes the max players above 12, and the ability to join games in progress. If so, I think you will need private b.net servers, cuz standard b.net lobby takes games in progress off of the games list.(i hope i helped in some way, i've been exited over this project for a while)

19. Eleandor

Eleandor

Resources:
    Models:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You will not be able to play RTC compatible maps on battle.net anyway. And I think the maximum player limit hasn't been accomplished yet. At least, I don't think there is any official release showing a map with more than 12 players.

20. LordDz

LordDz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wouldn't the max players be about 16, I mean that's the count you get when including hostile, passive and extra players.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.