• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best base spell to use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Wats the best base spell to use for a dummy spell that targets 1 unit, shows a missle art and does not stun/give buff? I cant seem to create a spell like this without having stun, or it dosent show any missle art....any1 got anything to recommend? Shadowstrike seems like a great choice, but damages are triggered so nobody wants to see 0! above their head for a dummy spell.

Level 15
There are many spells u can use
most times i use for a dummy spell at a point carrioswarm , without a target Berserk or some rune abilitys from items , but for spell targeted on a unit im not sure cuz i dont use it often ^^ may try it Chainlightning without a effect which is damage only (of course set dmg to "0" and 1 target) that u can avoid stopping channles with a 0.01 sec stun (... duration of "0.00" would be forever xD ) and a displayed "0" above the unit

Level 6
I know I can use carrionswarm, shockwave, crushing wave and the likes, but i need a dummy spell that targets a single unit AND has missle art. Missle art being the most important since most buff spells are single target but they do not use any missle art. Another great option would be death coil, but then again i'd have to make everyone in my map undead for it to work.

Level 12
I see...
maybe you should just pure trigger it with a dummy unit that flys over there and is killed and has an explode on death or gets over there and casts an ability that is pure damage. I know you wanted a base ability but maybe try something like this?

Level 8
I see...
maybe you should just pure trigger it with a dummy unit that flys over there and is killed and has an explode on death or gets over there and casts an ability that is pure damage. I know you wanted a base ability but maybe try something like this?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding, but why go through all this trouble when I have already given a perfectly viable base spell?

Level 9
I agree with Spyda... The best choise would be Acid bomb... Then drunken haze. The next best would be Chain lightning without a lighting effect but with a missle model...

The worst choice would be channel in my oppinion... Its not good for any form of AI ect... Stay away from it... It may not seem to make a differance atm but it will later.

Level 9
Tonkz... What i was trying to say is that in no way will AI cast the ability channel. Now you may be thinking who needs AI? But remember that all the best Hero maps (eg DOTA) have AI in some way to help to debug abilities, when testing the map. Ai that was developed in LATER versions.
Burger chain lighting has a projectile that does not hit instantly, It just has no model file and moves very fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.