• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beholder

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
I needed a lower file size team colored non heroic Beholder. Well I did not need it per say I just wanted to make it.

Updated.
Made some anims faster added some new attack glow effects and added a spell channel.
Fixed some visibility issues.
Previews
Contents

Beholder (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
You might want to add more attachment points to the model. Like the tentacles for instance.
Anyway, the model could use a little more polishing:
- The Blue flash and Team Glow background geosets do not disappear during "Decay Bone" animation. This is b/c in the GeosetAnim data for these geosets the keyframe 16667 was put above 11667 (earlier keyframe should be above)
- The Gutz geoset does not "fade" during "Decay Bone" animation. You should set the Alpha value of the Gutz geoset to 1 at frame 16667 and 0 at frame 40000, Linear interpolation, so that the corpse's bones have the impression of decaying.
- The Decay Flesh and Decay Bone animations are not in sync with each other. Naturally, the Decay Bone happens after Decay Flesh so the animation in the first keyframe of Decay Bone should look like the last keyframe of Decay Flesh. However, you can fix this by replacing all keyframe 20000 to 16667.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I definitely appreciate wanting to make a low-budget Beholder (especially because Supa's is just sooooo advanced; too good for normal usage IMO). I worry this might be a tad too low-budget... Beholders are, after all, pretty serious dudes, so I'd argue you can spare a few more polies for this poor boi. And smoother/more animations.

Definitely a great start.

Em!

Em!

Level 24
I will look into all of this soon. Including adding some particles effect instead of the mesh”y” beam once my house is habitable, its too hot outside. As for the beholders are only a tier 3 creatures inn homm and are not so serious to deal with and in wbc they are trash creatures. Depends on the lore but d&d beholder depends on the species but there is already a serious bad ass beholder for that on hive

Em!

Em!

Level 24
Wtf, differences are huge :D that is why i love seaching "concept arts".
latest

images

---
Another one
prince_arthas_by_tamplierpainter-d3g0ks9.jpg

A beholder is a floating head with one central eye and a few eyeball tentacles and a mouth. That minecraft ghast thing is a floating head with 2 eyes, small appendages and a mouth. Cacodemon is a floating head with a central eye, spikes and a mouth. Guess the model has several uses then, but in the end it´s a beholder. I needed it to fit my race theme which has a darker color scheme. I could have gone for fleshy pink and removed the hair and it would be more of an accurate model of the homm series beholder but I did not. Take the texture away and look at the mesh and you could see what it was that I was replicating and it was not a minecraft ghast nor a cacodemon :) but feel free to use it as such.

Level 21
A beholder is a floating head with one central eye and a few eyeball tentacles and a mouth. That minecraft ghast thing is a floating head with 2 eyes, small appendages and a mouth. Cacodemon is a floating head with a central eye, spikes and a mouth. Guess the model has several uses then, but in the end it´s a beholder. I needed it to fit my race theme which has a darker color scheme. I could have gone for fleshy pink and removed the hair and it would be more of an accurate model of the homm series beholder but I did not. Take the texture away and look at the mesh and you could see what it was that I was replicating and it was not a minecraft ghast nor a cacodemon :) but feel free to use it as such.
I mean differences between Ghast concept art and Ghast ingame :D