• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Behold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Isn't anime a mix of cheesy voice-acting, perverted scenes, and childlike invincibility to the characters?

Level 24
A-ha, build it and they will play. Or rather, build it and they will stop whining for people to zomg put Uzumaki Naruto & Kurosaki Ichigo & Son Goku & bankai & sharingan & kaioken lololol in maps. I can't imagine any decent RPs happening with anime characters, although I'd be able to appreciate anime-style models.

Most of the anime that achieves mainstream popularity in the States is, yes, cheesy voice acting, a perverted scene or four per season, and the good guys winning. Except for Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is just one great big mess. Don't worry if you hurt yourself trying to figure out what's going on by the end of the season. Oh, and Dragon Ball Z is cheesy voice acting, the good guys winning, fiery constipation, and pooping laz0r beams from their hands (the end result of fiery constipation). And hugely-muscled men hitting each other for being bad. Oh, and anything that 4kids gets their filthy hands on immediately becomes for 4-year-olds, so no perverted scenes, but lots and lots of cheesy voice acting.

Level 4
That's what I thought when my brother got a season of Dragon Ball on DVD last christmas... and some other stuff that was odd, like the front of one of the DVDs had the picture looking from the bottom, up to a girl who had a really short skirt on. o_O

Level 24
Oh yes, because Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter and Star Wars (Luke, use the force!) totally make sense.

Level 14
Anime doesn't make sense. It makes you think how much sake the directors of these shows drank before even naming them. Dragonballs?

Actually Dragonball was loosely based on the Chinese myth called Journey to the West but they didn't follow the story all that well. Dragonballs were the Sutras in the story. How they came up with Dragonballs I have no idea, probably opium.

Level 14
Yep. Well considering Sutras are spiritual scriptures in Hinduism, so yeah, I suppose they would be less americanized lol.

Level 14
Oh you mean like Lost? oh yeah...
I actually like Lost, i just haven't seen much of it.. (bad pun coming) If I were to watch the episodes now.. I'd be Lost!

Level 4
I usually just watch movies on TV... except for 24, Smallville, and the Office. Those are shows I don't need to see every episode to understand what's going on... but I usually watch them all, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.