Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Beginer Hero Contest

Discussion in 'Recycle Bin' started by hell_knight99, Oct 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hell_knight99

hell_knight99

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here is a place to submit some of your heroe ideas like a hero contest people will be aloud to look at heroes test them and rate them in this topic.

------------------------------------------------------

:!: :idea: RULES :!: :idea:

1. No like very negttive comments that would be hurtful to beginers such as, Your hero SUCKS, try replacing it with suggestions that are more unhurtful like, you need replace x and that x or change that x.

I am a nub at triggers and i know theirs more out there just like me so if your good please consider before you type in anything too offensive. ALSO PUT DOWN HERO NAME THE SUB NAME AND IF YOU CAN PUT A IMAGE OF HERO MODEL.

Post hero map in spells then POST THE ADRESS OF SITE LEADING TO YOUR HERO POST IN YOUR POST HERE

2.Do not steal hero ideas without permission.

3. Since this for beginers please dont input jass its more complicated and I will like to keep it simple at the moment.

4. Everybody is welcome to post a hero(even me except i dont rate myself)Maxium Posts per user is 5.If you have so many good ideas PM me and i will consider.

5. Rate properly read the rating rules below, and post rate in proper layout.

And if i missed anythin just tell me, and if i didnt post somethin keep your moral and common sense and don't do wrong things.

:twisted: RATING :twisted:

I will do most of the rating myself but you may quote a heros idea and give it a rating 1/20, 1 being worst and 10 being best.

HOW YOU RATE
    ------------------------------------------------------

8 Points are worth Orignatly, like did they really use their head or did they rip it off of someone, is it new? Is it unique?

4 Points are worth coding, like is their possiblites of leaks in the map? Did they use the more clean codes? Does it cause lag? Is their any glitches?

4 Points are worth balance and usefulness, Do the skills on the hero are worth using? Do they benifit each other(Syengery)?

4 Point is worth is appearance, Does the skill fit the model of the hero? Does the skill look half decent(Not a big part)

Rating Layout

Orignality #/8

Coding#/4

Balance#/4

Appearance#/4

I might have missed information if i did i will add it soon good luck on making heroes I will check the heroes all together after enough is posted.[/b]

2. Shamanruler

Shamanruler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol can i join?

3. hell_knight99

hell_knight99

Resources:
    Resources:
  4. salamander

salamander

Resources:
    Resources:
    i will join and post my hero soon! ive got plenty of ideas..........

5. orcfan32

orcfan32

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm in. I'm working right now.

6. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    KOOL! I know im a bit late but i have an awesome idea and i think ill develop it and post it really really soon... :D :) :lol: :p :wink: :twisted: :!:

7. The Dark Dragon

The Dark Dragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    When does the contest end? Cause if it hasn't ended 'til now I'm in!

8. hell_knight99

hell_knight99

Resources:
    Resources:
    Time

oo forgot to include that the time is till maybe 1-2 week after 5 or some some is submited.

9. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    hmm...
    heres my hero.. ill make it sometime soon

IF ANY ONE STEALS HIM !$%#@#$@
    and by the way, these spells are not multiinstanceable as i am not allowed to use JASS in this contest :cry:

Ra'jak
    Black Sorceror
    int hero
    str--12+1.5/lv
    ag--12+2/lv
    int--30+3.5/lv
    skills

Haunt- Every 15 seconds, a ghost will appear beside the target and begin to attack it. Lasts 1 minute
    mana cost--150
    cooldown--100s
    cast range--750
    special effects-- If this spell is cast again on the same unit, it has a 50% chance to double the power of the ghosts and renew the duration, and a 50% chance to remove the curse. Only stacks twice. If cast on a skeleton spawned from Accursed Ground, instead, causes this to last forever, not spawn the ghosts as normal, and spawn accursed ground where the skeleton dies(from combat or w/e).

Chain of Death- Has an 80% chance to launch a Death Coil at a target unit. the target unit loses 10/20/30 hp or gains that much if it is an ally. The death coil then has a 80% chance to bounce to another target, and so on...
    mana cost--100
    cooldown--15s
    cast range--700
    special effects--if the casting unit is on Accursed Ground, the effect is doubled, dealing 20/40/60 damage

Accursed Ground- Causes a target area of ground to become accursed, making the dead on it raise and roam at will, killing all in their path. Lasts 30s. Skeletons are stronger by level
    mana cost--200
    cooldown--60s
    cast range--500
    AOE--300/500/700
    Special Effects--Automatically kills non-hero haunted units in the area. damages haunted heroes for 100/200/300. Any units killed by skeletons spawned from Accursed Ground are also reanimated(non-hero)

ULTIMATE--Horrors of the Void-
    for every unit in the area, has a 50% chance to remove their soul, giving the Black Sorceror 10% of their current life, and they become a mindless zombie. their soul is haarnessed under the command of the Black Sorceror, and lasts until it is killed.
    mana cost--350
    cooldown--180s
    cast range--700
    AOE--500
    special effects--If the unit is haunted, it is automatically relieved of its soul. Cannot kill skeletons spawned by Accursed Ground. Instead, it removes all their buffs and heals them fully.

i think thats it...
    i hope u like it!

10. hell_knight99

hell_knight99

Resources:
    Resources:
  11. DestroAnt

DestroAnt

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok if i was gonna make a hero this would be it

Soul Tormenter

Abilitys

Burning Blade
    Throws a blade that burns the enemy target for a short period of time dealing damage and losing armor

Poison Knives
    Arms the soul tormenter with poisonius knives and when the melle units attak they will be poisoned and lose health

Soul Blink
    moves the tormenter souls into an enemy unit dealing damage and making the unit permently scared making him lose 1 then 3 then 5 then 10 then 20 then 50 attak damage removed every 30 sec untill it runs out and dies

ULTIMENT:Life Steal
    Ends an enemys soilders misery by ending its life and using its worthless soul as health also when the targeted unit has the buff burning knives or/and soulb link on it it will go to the tormermenter and permently increses attak by 3/6

im just lazy and dont feel like making one but this is how it will look like

12. hell_knight99

hell_knight99

Resources:
    Resources:
    Please actually make it

When you got an idea please make it then post it and Destroyant a tip if more orignalility and more triggerworking if possible as the first 2 are just acid bomb and poison sting.

13. DestroAnt

DestroAnt

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the concerns but i dont really need help it took me about 5 min to come up with that stuff so dont laugh :shock: and 1nce agian thanks i know how to work triggers and stuff

btw my name is DestroAnt

14. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice idea

I think u have a brilliant idea PurplePoot but im just wondering if u could actualy make it?

btw did u happen to get th idea for haunt from Dota or did IceFrog steal another one.

I'v also got some ideas that i'm going to relese in my new hero ideas map. There is a post in the spells section about the map if you've got something to say. Its call New Hero SpellPack

15. Arcsol

Arcsol

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I like to join...my hero is already in the DotA forums, is valid submit it anyway? Here it go, I'll submit the map later...BTW it has 97 t-ups

Name: Nepthet'aram
    Subname: Nerubian Spikemancer
    Model: [​IMG]
    Icon: [​IMG]
    Voice set: Cryptlord
    Range: 100 (Melee)
    Movespeed: 295

ATTRIBUTTES:
    STR: 25 (+4)
    AGI: 12 (+1.2)
    INT: 14 (+1)

[​IMG]
    Impaling X-trike
    Mana: 125/135/145/155
    Cooldown: 14 sec
    Description: Slams the ground massively, shooting spiked tendrils out in two straight lines in a X, dealing damage and hurling enemy ground units into the air in their wake.

Level 1 - 70 damage per spike, 0.45 stun.
    Level 2 - 140 damage per spike, 0.85 stun.
    Level 3 - 210 damage per spike, 1.05 stun.
    Level 4 - 280 damage per spike, 1.4 stun.

[​IMG]
    Burrow Spike
    Mana: 75/95/105/125
    Cooldown: 24 sec
    Description: The Spikemancer can burrow some spikes into the ground. This Spike can be triggered to deal damage in the area and stun for 1 second (240 AOE).

Level 1 - 240 damage to closer units (150) and 125 damage to nearby units(400).
    Level 2 - 270 damage to closer units and 150 damage to nearby units.
    Level 3 - 300 damage to closer units and 175 damage to nearby units.
    Level 4 - 330 damage to closer units and 200 damage to nearby units.

Spikes have the CryptFiendEggShack model, and the Unburrow ability

[​IMG]
    Spike Aura
    Mana: N/A
    Cooldown: N/A
    Description: When friendly heroes cast a spell, they have a 30% chance to shoot spikes in front of it, including the Spikemancer. 600 AOE aura.

Level 1 - 20 damage and 0.2 stun. Has a 400 units distance.
    Level 2 - 40 damage and 0.35 stun. Has a 500 units distance.
    Level 3 - 60 damage and 0.5 stun. Has a 600 units distance.
    Level 4 - 80 damage and 0.65 stun. Has a 700 units distance.

[​IMG]
    Spiral Burst
    Mana: 180/265/350
    Cooldown: 160/180/200 sec
    Description: Nepthet'aram burrows in the ground constantly, shooting spikes in a spiral, dealing 100 damage each one, and stunning for 3(2) seconds.

Level 1 - 9 Spikes, 500 initial range.
    Level 2 - 11 Spikes, 600 initial range.
    Level 3 - 13 Spikes, 700 initial range.

Hope you can enjoy it

16. Teifi

Teifi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Heres my entry :)

Name: Jhia
    Subname: Lizard Guardian
    Range: Melee
    Movespeed: 270

Attributes

Str: 19 (+1.2)
    Agi: 23 (+2.7)
    Int: 17 (+1)

Abilities:
    Serpents Aura
    Passive Ability
    Description: Reduces the cooldown time of all abilities of all friendly units in the nearby area.
    Level 1 - 20% Reduction
    Level 2 - 40% Reduction
    Level 3 - 60% Reduction

Guardians Honour
    Mana Cost: 50 Mana
    Cooldown: 120 Seconds
    Description: Guardian becomes invulnerable to all enemies except heroes, but takes X% extra damage. Lasts 30 Seconds.
    Level 1 - 75% Extra Damage
    Level 2 - 50% Extra Damage
    Level 3 - 25% Extra Damage

Jhia's Lance
    Mana Cost: 40/60/80
    Cooldown: 60/80/100
    Description: Once activated, all attacks damage mana and health. X% of damage is converted to mana. Lasts 15 seconds.
    Level 1 - 15% Converted
    Level 2 - 30% Converted
    Level 3 - 45% Converted

Ultimate - Serpents Fury
    Mana Cost: 10 Mana per Second
    Description: While active, the hero will attack and move twice as fast.

Nobody steal my hero idea! ^^

17. Teifi

Teifi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    purpypooty and arcsol, in my opinion your heroes are overpowered :p

18. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Impossible!!!!

In my oppion your hero is impossible or very close to that to make Teifi.

Your firsts move can not be done without making new abilities with reduced cooldowns for each and every ablility that every unit has. You would need to change abilities each second to check if every unit is in the area.It would also require a variable for eveymove the unit has to keep its level.

Your second move could be done but it would be a little complicated but can be done using the add trigger event function(this is used in my own hero) and would make you heal the damage done by creeps and deal a % of the damage dealt by heros to Jhia.

Your third ability is even harder and would require the add event function for every single unit on the map but other than that its easy.

Your Ulti is simple and if you dont mind i would like to try making this hero with the exception of his first ablity.

btw what modle file does he use.

I have my own hero ideas in my spell map http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1838&sid=f099dc8fc2238888efb3e694f6889e30
    At the moment it contain one hero and hes not that good but i have a better one that im trying to upload but im having some problems with my internet connection...

19. Teifi

Teifi

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I knew that his skills would be impossible/extremely hard to make when i was designing him, but im not planning on ACTUALLY making him. I realise the first move is pretty much impossible, but its a neat idea, reducing cooldown times :D.

I couldnt find a model worthy of it, if you can find one cool, and go ahead using it. If you use it on a map, please give credits, ya? :)

20. Kixer

Kixer

Resources:
    Resources:
    What the?

Has any1 else noticed thet in three days this contest will be 1 year old and still running? :!:

When is going to end and why not ask the readers who they think should win....
    Maybe a poll? :?:
    Cuz if we do im voteing for PurplePoot... :wink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.