• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beefy Nightelf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive started skinning some beefy nightelf berzerker type guy out of arthas. Have most of the chest work done.

Attachments

• Arthas copy.jpg
    Arthas copy.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 368
  • chest.JPG
    chest.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 398
Level 9
lioness is right the muscles do look wierd on pec seems to be lower then the other and the side bis seem extremely messy...also if that the dodge tool ur using?

wow, did either of you even look at the wrapped picture before posting that?
thanks for pointing out the really freaking obvious about the one pec being bigger and lower than the other. but if you took two seconds and actually looked at the wrapped picture you would notice they match up perfectly and that they are also in their correct location lioness. the chest wrap on arthas is very interesting so you have to make the right pec bigger in the blp to have it match up on the model.

EDIT: Oh and as for the ears I know, that was annoying to me right from the start, but there are many explanations I could use for this. Like maybe all the berzerkers have to clip their ears short so they dont get caught on stuff when they are smashing through forests and such. Or maybe they just have small ears that are hidden in their hair.

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
wrapped the muscles aren't lopsided, but still they're too high up, as has been pointed out.

also, don't forget that line where the ribcage ends, under the pecs and over the abs. otherwise he'll look like Optimus Prime :p

EDIT:whoops, in the few minutes it took to actually get this posted, everything i'd said had been addressed :p talk about timing

Did the belt buckle. I dont know what you guys mean by being too high up with the pecs. You notice if you look at the model closely in viewer the pecs end right at the place where the model goes from sticking outward to going down. So if I made the pecs any lower they would get all bent around and point on the model. by the way, is this --->:ned: a new smile?

EDIT: Took AR's advice and made some space between pecs and abs.

Attachments

• buckle.JPG
    buckle.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 283
  • newchest.JPG
    newchest.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 259
Thanks lioness, and of course I listen to your guys advice. You and AR are pros at skinning. Yeah im still tryin to fiddle with the colors a little bit and make them blend better. I tried movin the pecs up and down and all around but it seems if I move them any lower than they are they get all bent and stretched around the models pointy chest. So they will probably have to remain where they are.

Level 4
It looks like a human with a night elf body instead of a night elf with human head. I know its suposed to turn into a night elf, but you should do the face =D
Body looks good ^^

Level 9
could use some more shading looks a bit flat atm. and if the bottom of his shoes wheres it purple if thats skin him him some toes =p

Level 9
Its a great skin but the chest is kinda wierd. I think if you cut the chest down the middle and copy the right side then flip it and put it over the left it would look better. The chest would be much more symetrical. Besides that it looks great!

Well, if you look you notice that the chest is lopsided on the unwrap you should also notice that it is even on the wrap, Arthas has a very weird chest wrap and if I was to copy and flip one side to the other he would be all lopsided. And yeah, will definitely work on the face some more, it has been the overwhelming consensus that the face needs work. Faces have never been my strong area, so I will work on it sometime, probably this week, and post a new picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.