• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beautiful Serbia

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this thread I will be placing all of my terrain based on the Serbian Nature done by professional photographers. None of them will be made up or added an extra thing to make it look better. The description is translated by me from Serbian to English.

First terrain: Statue "Winner" (The original statue was a guy holding an eagle, I replaced it duo to the lack of doodads).
Description: The most historical place of "Kalemegdan (City)" delta "Save and Dunava (Rivers)" is located a statue called the "Winner".

Second terrain: Rosomacka river canyon. (The rocks are really ugly!)
Description: "Rosomacka" river was separating the surrounding cliffs like they were made out of clay. Between some parts of its picturesque course could pass a adept climber.

Third Terrain: Tea
Description: Around "Ivandana" are located Herbs (Tea). They've flooded the mountain from all sides. They heal stomach pain and breading organs.

Fourth Terrain: Zlatibor (Mountain)
Description: Will add as soon as i get back from school!

Attachments

• Horizon.JPG
    Horizon.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 2,207
  • River.JPG
    River.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 815
  • Ivandanja.JPG
    Ivandanja.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 970
  • Zlatibor.JPG
    Zlatibor.JPG
    301.2 KB · Views: 1,710
Last edited:
Level 6
Really like it!
Maybe you could darken the statue heavily then add a light source in front?
Apart from the statue it's absolutely perfect :grin:

-Updated the "Winner statue" terrain and added a new one! More coming, stay tuned.

-Added another version of the Canyon, I personally dislike the first version.
I need to hear if this version is better and if i should delete the light. Thanks.

Edit: Or maybe the first version is better, I'm confused.

Attachments

• Canyon.JPG
    Canyon.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 2,429
Last edited:
Level 35
I believe mostly anyone from any country could say the same.

Anyways, I finally got some time to come by and comment on these terrains.

Firstly, I want to say that you are improving rapidly Oziris, keep it up.

Now, for Pic 1:

I love the sky, and the mix of red and black (one of my favorite color combos.) However, one of the trees look fairly stretched upwards, like it should've been fatter, and mostly all of the trees actually look like bushes set attop stumps, I would try toying around with some other tree models if I were you, maybe even add some pine trees to the lot. Also, as stated before, that bird statue model thing doesnt under nearly any circumstances look good, and your terrain ISNT an exception, I'd say remove it or replace it.

Pic 2:

Lots and lots of rock, and not very much else. Personally I like your second one the best, mostly because I find nearly all of those russian rock pack thingie things too stretched in the texture to be able to look good. But there are some things I dont really get, like for instance the lighting, as of now it looks like the water is shining towards the screen, that would partly make sence if the sun was right behind you and it was reflected in the water, but then I think you should've done a better job with the reflections in the water, and probably with the lighting as a whole. Another thing that I find strange and not very good about it is that on the left side of the terrain the entire hillside looks like all the rocks are tilted the same way and pretty much just placed attop each other, you should work a bit on making that side look more "natural."

Pic 3:

Well... Personally I dont understand what all the others see in this terrain, especially not thedeathunter's idea of making it into the legendary thread. I mean, it's good, or decent, but I dont think it looks very revolutionary or extremely good. If I were you I would work a little bit on the dimention on that tree, because right now it looks like you've just spammed the same tree 5 times attop each other. (to a sertain degree.) And I would try variating the grass a little more, it does have a little hint of "spammed" feel to it, some rocks and some other plants would probably do the trick. Appart from that I have to say that I love the mountains.

Pic 4:

Personally I see LOADS of potential in this terrain, and I was like "wow" when I saw the small version of it, somewhat disappointed when I loaded it though, still, I believe that with some few tweaks that terrain might very well become the best one you've ever done, let me do my part in (trying to) be helping:

I think you should dampen that bright glow comming from the right side, its far too intense, and takes too much attention from the otherwise well crafted terrain. And I would also try to variate the tree's in the forest in the left background, maybe try some fur trees, or some other variants of the same kind, or something to at least make it seem less like it's only one tree copied many times over. I would also consider having some layers of mountains behind those trees, to give the terrain more depth, because now there is this VERY subtle hint of "end of the world" behind them. Last but not least, I think you should add something in the middle of the plain on the left side, some large boulder, or a construction or something, not TOO large though, we dont want it covering up the forest at the back either.

Alright, thats all I think.
Hope some of it might help.

Wow, thanks Keiji for that big feedback! I'll see on the weekend what i can fix. But as i said, I can't add additional stuff because these terrains are based of professional photographs. The last terrain is on a mountain, and in Serbia there aren't many high mountains so you cant see a river of mountains in the background because of the trees. But I'll see to it that i make that terrain in my own style.

Level 6
Awesome, absolutely awesome.... Think I have got some new wallpapers for my desktop. I really like the first one and still I am wondering if its really made with the WE. Also the last pic is truly epic - light and fog placed perfectly.
Its always a pleasure to watch your creations, regarding improvements there is nothing else to add as what has been said before.
Keiji is absolutely right - you are improving rapidly!

Level 18
because i dont have much internet lately i play halo 3 campaign (i come back to this later)

1st screen: very very nice but somhow that statue doesn't fit for me dont know why

second screen: Reminds me of halo 3 xD i like

third screen: beautifull

fourth screen: imo that sky doesn't really fit but besides that it isn't that bad

Conclusion: DR. House cookie delivery is heading your way

Level 9
the 3rd and 4th looks incredibleh !!

the 3rd : i love the way you made the mountain, the sky is ... i can't explain :D
it's like i wanted to lay down at the tree and watch the sky ...
so ... so ... oh i'm speechless ... ;D

the 4th : a silent forest .... really creepy, has a great atmosphere in it, i'll never wanted to go trough that forest alone :D

i don't like the 2nd though, the rocks looks meh ...., and the water are too plain, i suggest u use the white waterfall in the UTM to make the water looks lively, and maybe some bushes at the edge of the river.

the first well, i've seen those type of terrain, so, nothing special :D

overall this is art :D

Level 12
Ovde su srbi 2 po brojnosti.

--

"here are serbs 2nd in numbers"
I know I should speak english in an english only forum....
next time translate your post, greetings, M0rbid

and while we are on it, try to be more ontopic in future aswell

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
3rd screen. The shadow, I suppose the darken the grass, is too close to the tree as awful throws my eyes.

At the recent grass is too dark relative to the ground texture, which completely ruins everything. Also you would add some shadows. Sharpering graphic is ulgy, isn't it? ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.