• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beast Texture WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
BEAST-2.jpg

Lol, Im good, not a pro. But I still have some advice. NEVER USE DODGE AND BURN AGAIN EXCEPT FOR HAIR! Dodge and burn are what majorly limited me back when I was noob. Just use different shades of brushes, no dodge and burn. Also (and i know this kinda sounds like an oxy-moron) you need to sharpen and smooth it. By that I mean that your lines look blocky and square, not smooth. And the blocky lines make it look blurry and undefined, not sharp. So work on it a bit. I like that model by the way.

Level 18
Ok.

Lets start with, shape and lighting.
The entire texture is lacking definition and shape, it is very flat. Take a low opacity larger brush an define the shadows.

To enhance details, start with a large brush and block everything out. Start using smaller and smaller brushes to create finer and finer details if needed.

Personally right now I would like for you to redo the texture. Don't scrap it just go back and redo it. Right now you have a decent base design to texture with. go back define the shapes and lighting. Give it life.

Level 15
screen.jpg

I added Orange to the high areas, and Black to the low areas. Also blurred it a bit. Worked on the UV wrap made it the best I could. I hate doing UV work its so hard. And to begin with the model isn't symetrical at all. It just looks close enough. And it isn't cut right the middle geometrical wise. I learned alot from this about how to make the model so its easy to UV. I fiddled with it as much as I could to make it look decent at least. Ima work on the particles for the back so they cover up most of the shit armor on the back. It is ok for the back to be warped the way it is tho, its a beast. Fire is supposed to come out of the holes on the back, thats the idea.

Anyway, the textures good enough now right? I know it isnt perfectly smooth. You think he needs shoulder pads? I could model some. What about the model? His teeth is good enough? What about the arms? They good enough? My bro says the arms look horrible being stumps like that. Its supposed to be muscular and hulky. You think he needs wings maybe? Bigger horns?

Status
Not open for further replies.