1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BattleShips Pro v1.20

Submitted by TheImmortalOne
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Each game involves a battle between the North and South Empires, which have up to five human players each. The game has enjoyed widespread popularity in recent years, and is enjoyed by both casual and competitive players.

Special thanks to Chevron8 and nargaque for their continued support of this series.

This patch is personally important to me as it marks over three years of work on BattleShips Pro (beginning Winter 2006) and is a milestone that I never thought we would reach (it is also our biggest update yet). Ushering in a new, improved era of the game, v1.20 features an entirely refreshed interface including updates to the multiboard, respawn system, command buttons, ship interface, and quests. This version removes the burning glitch that has haunted the map since I began development (watch out pros, the public matches are about to get more a lot more challenging!), and thus many items have been rebalanced under the new circumstances. Additionally, hostbots may now set the game mode of the map, bypassing the general player vote. General trends in this version include an increase in the effectiveness of repair crews in comparison to repair woods, an increase in empire strength (both buildings and creeps), and other changes designed to promote team battles and pushes. Additionally, v1.20 features a smorgasbord of new ship and item abilities that add flavor to the map while retaining focus on competitive play. Thanks for playing!

There are, of course, many changes, but for some quick highlights:

The Submarine is gone, and has been replaced by the Hovercraft: a fast, powerful, but light ship in the 2500 tier.
Ships' passive Onboard Mechanics Crew ability now scales with the ship—more powerful ships have stronger repair crews. At max level, a top tier supership can have 66 hp/sec repair without items.
Four new abilities: Tempest (Interceptor), Elven Haste (Elven Predator, innate), Onboard Cannon (Black Pearl, innate), and Mass Conceal (Ghost Armada).*
Burning removed. (Most higher-level equipment prices have been reduced for compensation.)
New visuals for Disrupt Beacon, Nautical Engineer Crew, Molotov Cocktail Cannon, and many more effects.
New interface icons and improved multiboard.
And much, much more.
*Four not including the Hovercraft's abilities.

Keywords:
BattleShips, Pro, battle, ships, bships
Contents

BattleShips Pro v1.20 (Map)

1. AmarK

AmarK

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent Map

This map is unique in that it is centered around an awesome theme (Battleships!), provides a simple system that requires excellent tactical and strategic decisions, and very cool animations and triggers.
    For those who argue that the map doesn't take skill or that it's too easy, I'm calling you out. The skill required to have the perfect amount of positioning and placement in order to manipulate weapon ranges, avoid chasing enemies, and avoid enemy abilities is extremely high. If I'm not convincing you with that, feel free to come onto Clan OE@USEast and me and my buddies will take you on ;P.
    I highly recommend this map to any lover of battleships, skill based or (twitch based) games. Visit our community at www.battleshipspro.com in order to find out about strategies, register for tournaments and leagues, and just to get to know some great mappers/players!

2. Aesthetics

Aesthetics

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    1.20? Aw hell yeah!

3. DysfunctionaI

DysfunctionaI

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You know what's funny, is that people argue that it takes no skill because the weapons automatically fire, but units also automatically target enemys in any other map too, lol. And even then, you can tell your hero in any other AoS to single out and target specific units to kill them, while in games like battleships, you have to actually aim. People benefit from their ability to aim their weapons (or kite), by farming the most, getting the most hero kills, etc.

4. flaminfirexxx

flaminfirexxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    1.2 caused me to quit battleships for good. I don't play 1.187 because it's a map based around a single strategy. 1.189 wasnt bad, but too many glitches and people dont play it. 1.98 was good, but people dont play it, and 1.99 was tolerable... but unbalanced and only tolerable until 1.2 finally came out (hoping for an improved map). Your map appeals too much to pubs, because you seem to not have cared about using it as a pro-based map. People don't like it because you always feel the need to change things that don't need to be changed, and understand that change for the sake of change is not always a good thing. It's been over 6 months since I've played my last battleships game, and after 5 years of playing it, I don't plan on playing it any more. You've taken literally about every single thing that used to be fun out of it, and now it's just a shell of what once used to be a good fun map. You can remove my admin from the Battleshipspro forum, as I have no intention on wasting any more time or effort into helping with future battleships maps, as you rarely listen to (and actually consider) anyone elses opinions anyway.

Do take care in understanding that even though I do not like your maps, that doesn't mean I don't like you.

-Ryan

5. TheImmortalOne

TheImmortalOne

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    While I appreciate your critique, I should point out that the map is pretty much retired (as is the website and forum). Take care, and hopefully I'll see you in StarCraft 2!

6. Khairul

Khairul

Resources:
    Resources:
    9/10 get some more skills to the map that will definately make the map 10/10 BTW GJ!

7. ultrapro

ultrapro

Resources:
    Resources:
    Where can be guides and other stuff be found? I would like to read some, if it's possible.