1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

BattleShips Pro v1.20

Submitted by TheImmortalOne
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Each game involves a battle between the North and South Empires, which have up to five human players each. The game has enjoyed widespread popularity in recent years, and is enjoyed by both casual and competitive players.

Special thanks to Chevron8 and nargaque for their continued support of this series.

This patch is personally important to me as it marks over three years of work on BattleShips Pro (beginning Winter 2006) and is a milestone that I never thought we would reach (it is also our biggest update yet). Ushering in a new, improved era of the game, v1.20 features an entirely refreshed interface including updates to the multiboard, respawn system, command buttons, ship interface, and quests. This version removes the burning glitch that has haunted the map since I began development (watch out pros, the public matches are about to get more a lot more challenging!), and thus many items have been rebalanced under the new circumstances. Additionally, hostbots may now set the game mode of the map, bypassing the general player vote. General trends in this version include an increase in the effectiveness of repair crews in comparison to repair woods, an increase in empire strength (both buildings and creeps), and other changes designed to promote team battles and pushes. Additionally, v1.20 features a smorgasbord of new ship and item abilities that add flavor to the map while retaining focus on competitive play. Thanks for playing!

There are, of course, many changes, but for some quick highlights:

The Submarine is gone, and has been replaced by the Hovercraft: a fast, powerful, but light ship in the 2500 tier.
Ships' passive Onboard Mechanics Crew ability now scales with the ship—more powerful ships have stronger repair crews. At max level, a top tier supership can have 66 hp/sec repair without items.
Four new abilities: Tempest (Interceptor), Elven Haste (Elven Predator, innate), Onboard Cannon (Black Pearl, innate), and Mass Conceal (Ghost Armada).*
Burning removed. (Most higher-level equipment prices have been reduced for compensation.)
New visuals for Disrupt Beacon, Nautical Engineer Crew, Molotov Cocktail Cannon, and many more effects.
New interface icons and improved multiboard.
And much, much more.
*Four not including the Hovercraft's abilities.

Keywords:
BattleShips, Pro, battle, ships, bships
Contents

BattleShips Pro v1.20 (Map)

1. Dark.Revenant

Dark.Revenant

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This would be a great game if it weren't for one major problem: little actual battle skill is involved. There is no aiming, little tactics, and little timing. However, there is plenty of memorization to be required of the player as well as team cooperation. I rate this map a 8/10, but it would definitely get a 10/10 if more tactics were involved in the game.

2. chenlimin

chenlimin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dark, you are always asking for skill, that might be why i fail to finish two battle mage game, everyone just leave becuse they lack the skill.

3. Vicboy

Vicboy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    And I'm an example of that :grin:

But really, ALOT of games are just there to be fun and skillless...

For example, Pass the Bomb, Who is the Murder, and even Tree Tag are not much of a skill game.

4. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmm let me guess. Phönix fire based map. Your weapons comes from every part of the ship from all different angles, even from the ass of the ships. I highly sofisticated 360 degree weapon systems which can be installed on every ships and randomly fires on whatever target they can hit. Wohooo always hitting the other ships never miss the enemy. What a great weapon system which never miss. Highly advanced battle system :)xxd:)

Skill requirement for autofire based maps: How to position yourself to concentrate the weapons randomness against the enemy.

sry but I'm an enemy of autofire based maps now.

It isn't much of a skill game position yourself and let the weapons do the rest -.-

Last edited: Jul 21, 2008
  5. Itse.me_MARIO

Itse.me_MARIO

Resources:
    Resources:
    1) nothing against b-ships!!!
    2) If u really need no skill for b-ships... so why did i loose 1 of 132 games and won all others?
    3) try a game against me and my best friend and we'll see if u can win without skill ;)
    3) if u really need no skill... why the hell do i always have to plan my gameplay before the game starts, if there is no skill needed?
    4) does anyone know a ver. of b-ships with AI?

6. flaminfirexxx

flaminfirexxx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since when has Warcraft been realistic?

as for Itse.me_MARIO, I'll challenge you to a BShips. Let me know your account / Realm / Chosen map / ect. and we will get a game scheduled. your 131/132 sounds too farfetched to go unchallenged.

7. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I've played a game with the map creator. It was better then I've expected. I've played worse maps like Battle Ships Pshycho. The mapper has carefully balanced the weapons. But still a Battle Ship map. It's not that orginal, so it gets 3.5/5

8. B.62

B.62

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    tkf so u a gave statements about the game requiring no skill before u played it ? ouch...

9. Itse.me_MARIO

Itse.me_MARIO

Resources:
    Resources:
    U see... It's because he played the map before... it's the same as if i would write a response to the newest dota 6.87(I don't know where we r at the moment ... sry...)
    because i've once played dota 1.57
    It's some kind of randomness, if i place the right answer in the correct place...

10. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    When did i say NO SKILL?

11. B.62

B.62

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hmmm question answered?

12. TKF

TKF

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There's a difference between little and nothing

13. Fender_Player

Fender_Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Immo your map is far superior to 87. I dont care what lawboi says. Since your map is better you should have enough selfesteem to change your profile picture from a big icy blob.

14. i_mOck_death

i_mOck_death

Resources:
    Resources:
    fender lol its the lich king if u didnt notice

great map immo

Last edited: Aug 10, 2008
  15. B.62

B.62

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yep. to me it feels like finally the crusader found its role in the game.

16. BSM-Lurp

BSM-Lurp

Resources:
    Resources:
    This map is officially the best one. Still getting used to .96

17. Kim

Kim

Resources:
    Resources:
    chaos is too strong in this version, make it cost 500 more or less dmg :p. for the rest, i realy like them, one of my favorite map.

18. Fender_Player

Fender_Player

Resources:
    Resources:
    Immo is just an old hated soul incased in a block of ice, where he is frozen in the hell he calls his life and looks out at the happy world. that is what he thinks of himself, given the info presented on his profile picture

19. Tavy

Tavy

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm I challenge anyone to a 1v1 in bships =)

Plus immo already knows how I feel about the weapon changes he made from 87 to 96 =)