1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Head to the 33rd Modeling Contest Poll and drink to your heart's desire.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle of Dominance v1.2

Submitted by NcTheChurch
This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Battle of Dominance v1.2
Choose your faction, then choose a Commander to lead your cause
and lay waste to
your enemies.

Features
Moba-lite game mode that focuses on objectives and minimal RTS elements.
60+ Unique Heroes with more to come.
Race-based Talent system for playstyle oriented choices.

Gameplay
Select a role that fits you. Seekers gain bonus experience.
Hunters get a bonus gold lead. Defenders gain passive
gold and Crystal generation. Roam the land, construct towers and gain control of the
battlefield.
Each race comes with their own focus on Towers, Spells and Talents that can be
combined with your Commander to make each game different.

Races

Mechanisms (Humans)
Jack of all trades. The Mechanisms have tools to turn the tides of even
the most harsh fought of battles.
Adaptability is key.

Inferno Crusade (Orc)
Brute strength is the name of the game. Crush enemies
underfoot with the Inferno Crusade.
Victory or death.

Void Whisperers (Undead)
Strength wins battles, minds win wars. The Void Whisperers focus
on map control. Advanced strategies leave
your opponents in the dust.

Gaia's Guard (Night Elf)

Let them break their backs upon our shields. Gaia's Guard focuses on
defensive strategies and supportive spells to whittle down your
enemies. The turtle won the race after all.

Screenshots

Changelogs

BoD Patch Notes 1.1

General:

-Added Cooldowns to the Tooltips of all abilities.

-Replaced several icons and fixed missing DISBTN-icons.

-Updated loading screen. Still WIP but looks a bit cleaner for now.

- Increased time limit for Commander selection from 2 minutes to 5 minutes.

-Reduced Creep Guard Distance to 450.

-Reduced Creep Guard Return Distance from 750 to 600.

-Cleaned up old downloaded resource files.

Commanders:

Forgemaster:

-Fixed an issue where “Trick Toss” would sometimes trigger twice.

Golden Conqueror:

-Fixed an issue where "Golden Conqueror" had a spellbook that was tied to an older spell.

Patchwork Golem:

-Fixed an issue where Stitches and Britches could stack off killing Neutral Passive units.

Stalker:

-Fixed an issue where Mind Harvest would stack off Neutral Passive units.

Blackblade Warlord:

-Fixed an issue where Raiders would rank up on killing Neutral Passive units.

Captain of the Abyss:

-Attack range changed from 150 to 600.

-Missile speed changed from 500 to 800.

Felmage:

-Changed from Melee to Ranged with 350 attack range.

-Fixed a bug where Shield of Spite would sometimes not detonate.

-Reduced Agility gain per level from 3>2.

-Increased Base attack cooldown from 2.05 to 2.5

-Shield of Spite: Stun duration changed from 1 second to 3 seconds.

Shadow Herald:

-Haunting Howl: New VFX added for initial cast and debuff.

Buildings:

-Added more shops, making it so you no longer need to run in between shop areas to buy recipes.

-Changed how shop gates work. Gates will now stay open and will now only close if an enemy unit approaches it. Additionally the regions responsible for opening the gates are now larger.

-Removed "Remove Building" from a number of structures as this spell is available to the "Stash" already and is redundant.

-Fixed a value on Plated Tower - [Level 1] that caused it to have 60HP/s instead of the intended 50HP/s.

Island:

-Large scale changes to terrain, cliffs and walls.

-Fixed the jankiness of killing the Bladeclan Sirens granting you the Captured ents vision. The captured ents will now properly give vision upon stepping onto the platform after killing all 3 Naga Sirens. Additionally, Naga Sirens will now “reset” if pulled off their platform.

-Switched locations of the Gnoll Hunters and the Remains of an Old one and then switched locations of Gnoll Hunters and Feral Brute/Slayers.

-Made several small changes to the West vs South clash point area to better mirror the North vs East clash point area.

-Smoothed out terrain around the map.

-Fixed terrain and moved doodads in Crystalline Cavern to make pathing less wonky and tight.

-Blue Legion Commander & Razormane Chieftain will no longer spawn while in the service of a player.

-Fixed terrain and moved doodads in Centaur Camp by main enterence to make pathing less wonky.

-Fixed terrain by Razormane temple enterence to make pathing less wonky.

-Moved Atros the Butcher's initial spawn to make acquisition range less wonky.

-Moved several trees from the outer rim of the map to open up more space.

-Changed size of waterways around the outer rim of the island to give "hallways" more space.

-South Eastern Naga platform moved to match spatial difference on the opposing (North western) side of the map.

-Trimmed some rocks in the Centaur encampment for better visibility and pathing.

-Made changes in the Cityscape camp to better match the opposing Centaur camp.

-Moved Gafflet to allow for better movement around the cityscape area without the risk of aggro. Also added some barricades to better simulate his namesake.

-Reduced Gafflet's Cripple from 60 seconds on normal units to 30.

Items:

-Changed it so that you no longer need to purchase recipes/pick up recipes last for items to merge. Instead items will now merge as long as you have the recipe in your backpack.

Bugfixes:

-Fixed controlling the “Mortal Throne” granting 6 unit points.

-Found and fixed a minor leak involving the “blessing” mechanic.

-Fixed several issues with Warmode that caused the mode to be unplayable.

-Fixed a bug where upon killing legendaries. The wrong team could be credited.

-Fixed Win conditions sometimes not applying, leaving the game in a state of limbo.

BATTLE OF DOMINANCE v1.2

___________________________________________________________________________________
General

Starting resources:
Now depend on game mode chosen.

FFA:
350 Gold 500 Crystals

Trio:
350 Gold 300 Crystals

Warmode:
350 Gold 200 Crystals

Main gates now open at 90 seconds instead of 60 seconds.

Expanded the vision range in the shops.

Warmode only:
Added Rift portals inside the HQs for easy travel to allied bases.

Added an optional Banning mode which allows each player to Ban a Commander of choice before picking.

Random Pick Order:
Increased time between picks from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.

Clash Points XP change:
If a summoned unit kills a Clash unit, as long as the Commander is within 600 units of the killing unit, the Commander will now gain the bonus XP from the kill. This also applies to abilities that exceed 600 range.

Added additional bonuses to Primary Perks.

Seeker:
+15 gold when killing a normal unit above level 5

Renegade:
+10xLevel Gold bounty on kill

Defender:
+100xp every minute

___________________________________________________________________________________
New Commander

Hallucionist

Passive:
Spirit Walker: Upon death, the Hallucionist detaches his spirit from his body. The spirit has 150% base movement speed and can not be killed. After a 8 second delay, the Spirit Walker will revive at the spirits location with 20/25/30% of his max health and 50% mana.

Q:
Induce Mania: Curses a target with Mania, causing them to take 10/15/20 damage every second. Additionally the target loses 5/10/15 armor. This spell lasts for 10 minutes, but can be cured if the afflicted unit kills another target.

W:
The Case-and-Point: Strikes a target in melee range, dealing 100/140/180 damage and causing them to be “Dazed”. Units afflicted by “daze” are mini-stunned upon being struck by basic attacks.

E:
Fallen Down: Hexes a target enemy unit for a short duration. At the end of the hex, the target takes damage equal to 10/15/20% of the targets mana pool and 10/15/20% of the Hallucionists mana pool.

R:
Mass Hallucination: Creates illusions of all units in a large AoE. The illusions take 200% damage and deal 20% of the original units attack damage.

Reworks

Slum Born

Passive: (New)
Runic Empowerment: Every 10/8/6 seconds, Nihil will gain Runic Empowerment, causing his next spell to refund 50/100/150 Mana.

Q:
Blast Rune: Creates a Blast Rune at a targeted location. If an enemy unit walks over the rune it will explode, dealing 40/80/120 damage.

QoL change: Runes now have a sight range of 150.

W: (Unchanged)
Delocate: The Slum Born switches places with himself and a target unit as far as 500/700/900 units away from him.

E: (Unchanged)
Point Rune: Creates a defensive Point Rune at a targeted location. The Point Rune starts off uncharged at 50/100 Mana and can cast a variety of utility spells.

[Level 1]: Vanish: Causes a targeted unit to Stealth for 4 seconds.

[Level 2]: Recall: Sends a targeted allied unit back to it's HQ after a 8 second delay.

Bugfix: Fixed an issue where after using recall, the targeted unit would be frozen due to a lack of health regeneration.

[Level 3]: Heal: Heals a targeted allied unit for 10 health every 0.5 seconds.

R:
Construct Construct: Creates a Construct at a targeted location. The Construct will remain dormant until targeted by “Mind Leap”

R2:
Mind Leap: Activates a targeted Construct, allowing it to take action. Only 1 Construct can be active at any given time.

Commander Changes

Sheriff:

Camp:
Tent’s load cast range increased from 80 to 300

Shadow Herald:
Replaced character icon.

War Path:
Updated VFX for better visual clarity
Damage increased from 40/80/120 to 80/120/160

Flamesickle:

Magical Disection:
Reduced cooldown from 60/50/40 to 40/30/20

New Effect: Deals damage equal to 50% of targets max health as Chaos Damage.

Removed: No longer instantly kills the unit with 0 Experience or gold gain.

Demon Eater:

Parasites:
Duration of summoned Parasites increased from 8 seconds to 30 seconds.

Blackblade Warlord:

Summon Raiders:
Base damage on Raiders reduced from 25/40/50 to 25/30/35

Vengence Incarnate:

The Hit:
Updated tooltip to properly state the secondary effect of The Hit.

Nomad:

Sand Knock:
Damage increased from 65/130/260 to 85/150/280

Items

New:
Island drops can now be used to subsidize certain items. Only one Island drop can be used to subsidize an item in a respective recipe.

Lost Beasts Pelt can replace Magus Mantle

Lost Ancients Branch can replace Brown Axe

Lost Heroes Locket can replace Mark of Poosh

Ferocious Claws can replace Flynn’s Swiftness Dagger

Heart of the Mountain can replace Champions Belt

Corrupted Heart can replace The Dismemberer

Calamity Wisp can replace The Aldor

Thunderous Scale can replace Bulwark

Titans Core can replace Pendant of the Green

Razor: Added 15 attack damage.

Magebane: Added 20 Attack damage.

Added small lore blurbs to multible items for flavor.

Buildings:

Plated Tower: Base Attack Cooldown increased from 2 to 2.5 at all levels.

Island:

Spirit of Primes movement speed reduced to 0 from 30.

Spirit of Primes attack range increased from 250 to 750.

Bugfixes:

Optimized a number of triggers.

Fixed an issue where the item “Umbradon” could not be built.

Fixed an issue where you were able to kite creep to the shop gates to get them to open.

Fixed an issue where certain abilities would not trigger the XP bonus of killing clash minions for Commanders.

Authors Notes
This map contains resources from the Hiveworkshop. Each resource should be labeled with it's
creator's name. If you see a resource that I missed labeling, please let me know ASAP
so that I may remedy it.

Feel free to message me with critiques or feedback. I want this map to be good and
I know for a fact that there will be issues that I have overlooked.

Resource list

-KingIRat

Twitter:
https://twitter.com/play_bod
Where I post about updates and ideas. It's basically just a diary for myself while I work on the map.
Contents

Battle of Dominance v1.2 (Map)

Reviews
Alexen
The loading screen seems a bit weird, don't really get the "work in progress" thing upon it. Concept of the heroes is really nice. I like the map layout you've chosen. Outposts control then you can upgrade them into various defensive towers, pretty...
  1. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Reserved for review! :plol:

2. NcTheChurch

NcTheChurch

Resources:
    Resources:
    I can't wait to hear from you! :peasant-cheers-back:

3. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The loading screen seems a bit weird, don't really get the "work in progress" thing upon it. Concept of the heroes is really nice. I like the map layout you've chosen. Outposts control then you can upgrade them into various defensive towers, pretty cool! You made custom items, that is a major thing in an AoS, aside from the heroes, much appreciated for that. However, this AoS is not ready to be approved. Items will not merge if you buy the recipe first. It only works if you buy the other components then the recipe itself. Tested that with 3 or 4 items, the same result for each. Abilities do not have their cooldown mentioned in their tooltip. There are many icons that do not have the disabled icon form. If you need some help, check this:How to: Import an Icon. The shops shouldn't be so separated as it is waste of time to go from a camp to the other while you could have them all in the same place. The gates in front of the shop camps are really annoying, and I will tell you why. Sure they open when you come in front of them but most of the time because they are really big, you will accidentally target them and the hero runs in circle around that point. I checked that 2 times and the same thing happened. I don't really see why would they be guarded by a gate since both the shop camps are in the main base. The Fel Mage is a melee hero? xD You used Malfurion, a hero with a scepter. Might be a personal opinion but why would a wizard with a scepter be a melee striker while he could simply use magic projectiles to attack. I like mixed up things but sometimes you have to be careful when you do that. The terrain environment is a bit weird. As in, glacial coves, snowboulders upon the sunken ruins environment which has nothing mutual with a frosty theme environment. They don't really match up together and I doubt that the terrain is inspired by any cataclysm or world merging thing. The shield of spite ability of the Fel Mage does not work. There is no blast or stun applied to nearby enemies upon detonation. Might wanna check that. The Banshee hero is called Miranda ? xD Mine too. The item, boots of speed, is not in the shops. I checked several times and didn't find it. A scroll of town portal would be great in this map. The ability Keelhaul'em of the Banshee hero is awesome. Her attack range is 150? And she is a ranged hero? 150 is exactly like a melee attack mostly. After killing the Death Knight Vargamush nothing happens. I tried controlling him but it automatically deselects him and he does nothing just stands there. Is it intentional?

You really got a good start but you have to fix these several things and I would be very happy to approve it. Until then, it goes into Awaiting Update!

4. NcTheChurch

NcTheChurch

Resources:
    Resources:

Hi there! Thank you so much for the feedback. I am currently working on a new version that addresses some of the issues you mentioned. Thank you for telling me about Shield of Spite not working, I've been working on fixing several issues and bugs since I uploaded this map but I didn't know about that one. Based on your Feedback I see 3 areas that I need to work on primarily,

1. Base layout & Fat trimming: After messing around with the gates, yeah I agree with you, they are annoying and I will most likely remove them/redesign the whole base area for all 4 teams. I tried to make the split shops be less annoying by adding the speed boost but I see now that it's a bandaid on a larger issue so I will take care of that. Boots of Speed and Town portal scrolls are available (Can be bought in "Avatar of the Swift" and "Ancient Relic" respectively) but I can see how having these basic items be bound to their own respective shops can be confusing/inconvenient. I will be cutting the fat in the next version and most likely merge these two shops.

2. Visual & Mechanical clarity: Vargamush (and Gafflet) are not supposed to be controllable. He is supposed to be a boss monster that upon killing him, gives you an edge in farming that area (They give large amounts of vision, Vargamush bloodlusts you and Gafflet casts cripple) and keeping opponents at bay. The "deselect" trigger is a relic of the past that I simply forgot to polish (He was made before the update allowed for 24 players, so the way to keep people from moving him around was to just have him get instantly deselected). I will remedy this by making him belong to the "Forces" AI players instead of the actual Player that kills him. Having items merge after picking up the recipe was intended to make sure people don't accidentally build an item they were not intending to get. I will change this and instead implement a way for players to simply "disenchant" items to get the base components back.

3. Polish & Expectations: I am a sucker for unconventional character design. The Felmage having melee attacks is lore based, but to have "lore" conflict with gameplay is a bad idea, clearly and I will fix that. Miranda having 150 range was a mistake. She is supposed to have 600. I think I set it to that at one point but forgot to save lol. The glacial coves and other such oddities will be grealy visually improved for the next version. All broken icons will be fixed for the next update.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope to meet expectations with the next update!

Imgur

[​IMG]

5. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Great ! Do not give up with your AoS, You do have potential for this genre but you must improve your skills. :plol:

6. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Was this updated after my last review?

7. NcTheChurch

NcTheChurch

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, twice. After the first update the status was changed to pending again so I thought you knew. The change logs have all the changes in them!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2020 at 12:13 AM
  8. Alexen

Alexen

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    I did see it. Will PM now about a request.