1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Ride into the sunset with the 32nd Modeling Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. This adventure has come to an end. Congratulate our heroes in the 16th Mini Mapping Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Battle for Lordaeron 4.2

Submitted by Black Soul
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Battle for Lordaeron 4.2

Choose one of four races. Harvest lumber and earn gold to build buildings and research upgrades. Your units spawn and attack enemies automatically. If someone destroys your main building, you will lose.

Suggested players: 2 or 4.

Patch Notes:
- All Heroes have got an additional ability.
- Upgrading towers now gives them less attack damage.
- Upgrading towers' armor now gives them less armor.
- Some upgrades cost more now.
- Some abilities of the Eye of God were weakened.
- Units' stats edits.
- Buildings' armor edits.
- Buildings' build time edits.
- Buildings' description edits.
- Hotkey edits.
- Minor fixes and improvements.

This map supports AI.
If you find any bugs or have any ideas, leave a comment. I need your feedback.
Contents

Battle for Lordaeron 4.2 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Too bad races are fixed. You should let players decide which faction they should play with. Also, you can't choose another colour. Not sure what the middle zone's purpose is since there are mostly if not integrally human units and buildings there...
  1. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    1. Too bad races are fixed. You should let players decide which faction they should play with. Also, you can't choose another colour.
    2. Not sure what the middle zone's purpose is since there are mostly if not integrally human units and buildings there which only blend in with the human player. Maybe, neutral hostile and/or campaign units from all factions instead?
    3. House of Magic and Anti-magic have the same icon. The buildings also look alike. Either another model from the game or a custom one. Well, it has another colour after being built. You could then change the hue of the icon with these:
      Button Manager v1.8.2
      BLP Lab v0.5.0
    4. Why not make a way to just convert a percentage of a resource type to another instead of having to wait for the 100 as the limit? It's problematic because you buy 300 gold and then remain out of lumber for a while. This makes things go slower.
    5. Maybe you should find a proper model for the leader since it's a blue RGB unit and doesn't look really nice among the others.
    The map thread description should be improved.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
    Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
    Details
    BB CODES
    BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
    Description Guide - Melee Maps
    Describing Your Melee Map
    Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
    The importance of a Description
    Description Guide - Maps
    Map Thread Guide
    Map Description Making: Good & Bad
    Map Description - Templates
    Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
    • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
    • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
    • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
    Paillan
    twojstaryjakcie
    Daffa the Mage
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

2. Black Soul

Black Soul

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the review. I'll do my best.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    With the name of this map I think in the future you ought to make a new version with the Eastern Kingdoms/Lordaeron map as the setting. This would be much more epic than a completely symmetrical square map. Just a suggestion.. not here to criticize

4. Black Soul

Black Soul

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Village tileset IS one of Lordaeron's tilesets. It's even got the same trees, rocks, and other stuff. Or did you mean I should make the map look more like a forest or something?

5. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    I meant the shape of the Lordaeron continent.

6. Black Soul

Black Soul

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't think that's a good idea. I mean, I don't use the whole continent. I use only a small area in Lordaeron.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
  7. Jumbo

Jumbo

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, you don't have to use the entire continent. Just a more lore and terrain-pleasing setting.

8. Black Soul

Black Soul

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nah, that's unnecessary. My map is not about the lore of Warcraft.

9. micca

micca

Resources:
    Resources:
    Your map has a great concept but very poor design. And by desing I mean balance mainly. Let me explain.
    We played this game 3 times and very quickly found out that the only reasonable strategy is to surround your base with towers, because they are insanely op, so building any units is just feeding your opponents.
    Then you buy "eye of god" (I think that's its name) and save money for enough mana to spam hammers onto enemy's main buidling until you destroy it. This basically means that whoever starts to spam hammers first wil lose, because he will be targeted by the other players who didn't attack first.

I hope you will look at this and adjust the game, because now its pretty much unplayable if you know what to do.

10. Black Soul

Black Soul

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Alright, I'll nerf the towers. But I don't actually know what to do with the Eye of God. I mean, throwing hammers costs a lot, and it really helps when everyone's fully upgraded. Yes, I can make the main building spell immune, but I'm not sure if I should.

11. micca

micca

Resources:
    Resources:
    if you think making the main building spell immune is a bad idea, you can for example decrease the max mana of the eye of god so that people cannot save enough mana to insta destroy main buidling.

Other viable decision could be to increase cooldown of hammers so that it cannot be spammed. Or you can limit the amount of uses of the hammers. There are many posibilities, but it seriously needs some adjustment.

12. Black Soul

Black Soul

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I'll think about that. Thank you for your feedback.