• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns

bfawarbanner-png.392012

Elune-Adore, everyone. Introducing Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns Remastered, a custom campaign that works exclusively with Warcraft III version 1.36. Originally released in 2020, this campaign is based on War of Thorns, the pre-patch event to the World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth expansion released in 2018. The pivotal events seen in this campaign paved the way for the bloody Fourth War. Followed by the sequel, Battle for Azeroth: Blood and Fire.

Features
  • 6 single-player chapters and 3 cinematic interludes
  • 2 brand new levels where you play the noble Varok Saurfang and the sinister Sylvanas Windrunner!
  • Hundreds of custom models, voice files and music
  • Reworked heroes, with reworked models and spells
  • Fully voiced, using a mix of official and AI-generated voices

divider-png.390761

bfarecap-png.392013

The Story So Far...

Following the war with the Burning Legion, the Alliance and Horde's forces were diminished. With both factions debilitated in their ability to reinforce Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, the Horde came up with a a plan to secure Kalimdor and elicit a political crisis in the Alliance that would lead to their downfall.

After luring a majority of the Alliance forces to Silithus through misinformation, the horde seek to hold Darnassus hostage and use the political crisis to sow division, forever breaking the Alliance...

divider-png.390761

shot1-jpg.392017
shot3-jpg.392018
shot5-jpg.392015
shot4-jpg.392014
shot2-jpg.392016

FAQ
1) Have all levels been remastered?
Yes, nearly all levels have been re-touched in some way. Extensive playtesting and feedback were graciously provided by Lazarator, cleavinghammer and Lordul Dracula.
2) Why the remaster? Because the original release was plagued with bugs, unfinished concepts, and overall felt lacking in many regards.
3) Why is Wally in this campaign? Because Wally is a good dude who just wants to help out.
4) Is this campaign fully voiced? Yes! With the advent of AI / Voice Cloning technology, the campaign is now fully-voiced. It has its quirks, but it works!
5) Will we get to play as Sylvanas? Yes!
6) Is this campaign exclusive to Warcraft III: Reforged? Yes! This custom campaign was originally developed with Frozen Throne 1.27b, and has since been updated to the latest version of the game.
7) Where's the sequel? You can play the sequel campaign, Battle for Azeroth: Blood and Fire now!

divider-png.390761

goodwarcomic-png.390779

One of the issues people had with the original War of Thorns event was the lack of context of Sylvanas actions that led to the Burning of Teldrassil. To help rectify this, this campaign features two brand new levels which incorporate some of the backstory as seen in the novella A Good War by by Robert Brooks. This short story basically recounts the event from the Horde's perspective. The other new level is set in Zoram'gar Outpost, a base camp near Darkshore, which helps fill in the Horde's lightning-fast conquest of Ashenvale, the defeat of the Night Elf resistance and the advance towards the World Tree. Please enjoy!

divider-png.390761

Changelog

- Released
- Fixed game cache issue

- Moved assassin that was stuck under some tree roots and couldn't move to attack
- Fixed Lashers that were not set to Neutral Hostile
- Fixed a Forsaken base wall where units could walk through
- Fixed summon Skeleton model issue
- Made Sentries consume 0 food in Mercenary Camp
- Fixed Furbolgs not set to proper player faction
- Fixed Raiders that were not set to Horde faction
- Moved chest in Furbolg cave so it can be accessed by the player
- Tried to fix bridges with pathing issues
- Added more lumber for players in the second level
- Removed Tree of Wonders as requirement for several upgrades
- Fixed cache issue in one of the levels

- Remastered Edition released

- Updated several doodads with new models, including flowers, rubble, the resurrection stone, waterfalls
- New higher definition "splash" texture added

- Updated to be compatible with Warcraft III: Reforged
- Updated loading screens to be widescreen

- Fixed some of Sylvanas' animation during cutscenes
- Fixed standing corpses in Astraanar level
- Added proper death sounds to units
- Trimmed opening crawl in introduction cutscene
- Added custom voice acting to the entire campaign
- Fixed first few levels which were set to HD mode instead of SD (Changes added in 1/17/2024)
- Removed redundant shortcuts description in spells
- Tweaked experience gained and hero cap
- Created a new campaign thumbnail

Known Issues
  • Custom campaign is best played with version 1.35
  • Game may crash in certain levels, so save often
  • Sylvanas may get caught in terrain when using Sylvanas Slide
  • Campaign does not totally fix World of Warcraft's story issues

divider-png.390761

Special Thanks

My sincere thanks to Lazarator, cleavinghammer and Lordul Dracula for their playtesting and feedback! You guys really stepped up in helping make this campaign better.

Med. MapGuy (Original Creator)

Models:

YourArthas
YonatanDS
DreamHack
xYours Trulyx
eubz
Remixer
Kimbo
Cuore
MaoLi
Pyritie
Mythic
Sxar
Dark Hunter1357
Anvil
JesusHipster
Uncle Fester
Illidan(Evil)X
assasin_lord
Xardian
Deolrin
xorkatoss
dhguardianes
JetFangInferno
Geries
HammerFist132
kellym0
DCrimson
nGy

Icons:

Blizzard Entertainment
zbc
HappyCockroach
PeeKay
Marcos DAB
The Panda
The D3ath
Marenko
Anachron
Mullar
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Ceterai
The Panda
Mc !
-Berz-
PrinceYaser
Static
JollyD
Gwen Stefani
Darkfang
Blood Raven
kola
SkriK
General Frank
MadMax
Stanakin
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Murlocologist
Thorneon

Music:
Blizzard Entertainment
Previews
Contents

Battle for Azeroth: War of Thorns (Campaign)

Reviews
Kasrkin
You can't actually hire the sentries since they require food. More horde aligned lashers in this level. I don't know if these guys should be neutral/hostile or not considering there's one that is a part of the faction a little further down. Random...
Shar Dundred
A shame that the bugs are not being fixed & the author apparently went MIA again. Still, I would not say that the bugs make this unapprovable though it certainly feels like one of your weaker creations compared to others I have played. Approved.
Level 10
I enjoyed tihs one a lot. Well done. It seems like it's following the canon material accurately as well, to some extent.
Looking forward to the sequel!

Level 7
first chapter i found a item called bow of haste it says it will give me 15% attack speed but it will also gives me 3 agility and you said nothing about it
forsaken captains are not stronger then foot soldiers they only got an extra aura that doesn't makes sense
i found a group of forsaken in front of a wolf pack that are not hostile

Chapter two i cant cross the bridge to the village its blocked by an invisible wall or some thing so i go from south ambush camp

Chapter three Wally's Healling level is healing the enemy's as well

okay
Models 10/10
Skins 10/10
Terrain 10/10
Gameplay 7/10 Heroes weren't that useful and they all ranged
Difficulty 8/10 sometimes to hard
overall 45/50
And one thing you've made an excellent work making horde different races together +rep
:infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up::piru::piru::infl_thumbs_up::infl_thumbs_up:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
As always a good campaign from Med. Few bugs here and there but very enjoyable to play the wow storyline, the ending was great with the walrus on the hippo hittin sylvanas lol

Level 1
Here's a new mini-campaign I worked on as an experiment in adapting storylines from World of Warcraft. Also, I've been wanting to make a new Night Elf campaign for a while. It may have a few kinks and bugs in it, so help would be appreciated in spotting them. Hope you enjoy the campaign!
Any chances on you continuing this map/series? Love the BfA campaign was 10/10

Level 28
(On 1.31)

Learn Summon Mammy tooltip has 4 levels.
Healing Potion's tooltip is the learning one.
Berserker Amulet's description reads helmet.
Daleryn sometimes has no portrait during cutscenes.
Corpses tend to stay in their fleshy state instead of bony.
Several units use Reforged models and Classic portraits.
Several units have abilities unresearched instead of removed.
Fel Ring of Endurance still uses the original tooltip, and can be clicked but nothing happens.
Model bug: Hippogryph is frozen when created, and plays Archer's death sound when picking one up.
Varok's Amulet doesn't increase stats.
Why don't Mountain Giants get War Club?
Chimera icon uses the DISBTN version and has a green square otherwise.

First level:
Waaaay too many Shadow Striking units/Not nearly enough heals.
Two model-less units appeared near the first 2 meat wagons (might be the necromancer's skeletons).
Island with the moon wells on it can't be reached by Daleryn or huntresses.
Pathing is all kinds of messed up, lots of perfectly clear terrain that can't be walked on and lots of visible but pathless walls. One assassin was stuck in tree roots.
They really should have Ultravision at the start.
Units shouldn't be used to represent corpses, it screws up targeting.
Near the north edge of the map are two neutral grunts positioned like they're fighting three spiders, but they remain neutral.
The Poisonous Lasher belongs to the Horde player.
Why are there male and female Sentries?

Second level:
Is a sound supposed to play when Furion mentions Onu?
Sentry costs food and can't be hired.
Ancient of Wonders only sells T0 items.
Fountain of Health is NH.
Some furbolgs are NH, some belong to Blackwood.
Should the Blackclaw furbolgs (the ones fighting to take the caves) be hostile?
Raiders in the south orc base are neutral.
South orc base hostages prevent access to their chest.
Plants belong to the Horde player.
After the Onu cutscene, several of my units were in one of the Horde bases for no apparent reason.
Bear form druids have a food cost, NE druids don't.
NE druids cost lumber and can't be hired.
The bridge south of Onu's village is impassable by any unit.
Maiev appears but doesn't actually say anything.

Third level:
When a warden is rescued, they briefly belong to the player which increases the upkeep.
It's possible (and even likely) to kill a shredder and starting the quest before Furion talks about killing them.
Purple attack waves keep spawning after you clear the base, and it seems their hero respawns every wave.
Monstrorous -> Monstrous
Ancient of Wonders can't be built, so can't train Faerie Dragons or Mountain Giants.
There's a Warden next to an uprooted Ancient of War, but she doesn't trigger the sidequest.
When Shandris' base goes over to the player/the Warden quest is completed, the message reads ACHTUNG.
Game breaker: When the camera snaps to the dagger for completing the warden quest, the camera stays stuck there and can't be moved.
No ending cinematic?

Fourth level:
Decorative trees shouldn't be used.
Furion doesn't keep his items.
Level one upgrades only?

Enjoyable campaign overall, in no small part thanks to Wally.

Level 1
Hi ! I finished this campaign and it was pretty fun ! It feels really wholesome to know you made it, especially in this time of need =))

I played on 1.26, no cheats. The terrain design is really nice. The custom models are okay but the hitboxes are annoying to deal with. There were definitely some minor bugs like placing critters for the enemy force or leaving enemy units in Neutral Passive, or not updating the techtree correspondingly, items being lost in chapter 4, incoherent words but they're just minor details.
Regarding the gameplay tho, it didn't feel like much of a challenge. I played on Hard, the enemies were pretty tough but not unkillable. I mostly (and often times only) used the heroes, the units less. I don't see the point of having both bases in chapter 3, you don't really need them. It's a 4/5. Overall, great campaign !

Level 4
I love playing any custom campaign that's dedicated towards any wow lore. Throughout my life as a kid I always dreamed that there'd be a warcraft 4 which would be based off wow but in a rts style. I think it's what a lot of people wanted within the community. Overall:

I had an alright blast with this campaign. Just a shame it was only 6 chapters. I love'd the terrain. One bug I found was the healing ability from wally was healing the enemy units also. (Using 1.27). Chapter 5 was I think way too easy. I sent in just three of my heroes and I manage to wipe out the two basses. (While I was training units, which came eventually but died immediately). Also chapter 4 doesn't save over to chapter 5 so I didn't get any items from previously. Malfurion skills were reset so I had to re-pick all his abilities, he also had no items on him which I had placed from previous version also. I am looking forward to more from the lore. I like how when you're a true evil son of a bitch you're really showing it. Sylvannas has lost everything and is only destined to show revenge as what arthas had done to her when he was human (though was controlled by the sword I think)?

Thank you for putting the effort/time in bringing something from the wow lore. Honestly which most map creators did this rather than just re-working older maps that will just be forgotten. :x Looking forward to the next one!

Level 23
Remastered Edition Released!

Hello! I've just updated this campaign to version 2.00! Some notes for those interested:
  • This new "Remastered" edition features two brand new levels featuring the Horde's perspective during the war.
  • The new levels help provide a "wider" perspective of the conflict, and introduces legendary Horde figures Varok Saurfang, Nathanos Blightcaller and Lady Sylvanas Windrunner into the action.
  • Delaryn Summermoon and a number of other heroes and unit models have been updated.
  • New voice lines straight from the actual War of Thorns pre-patch event for World of Warcraft have been added.
To everyone that still supports custom campaigns for Warcraft III, I hope you enjoy this latest update! :peasant-i-object:

Level 7
you saying remaster,well i loved the last one so i keep both in my folders(i soon download and play this)
i bet its great too

Level 23
PatchCover.png
Elune-Adore, everyone. I just updated the campaign to v.2.01, which updates several doodads with higher quality assets (such as the flowers seen above). Other updated assets include new resurrection stones, waterfalls, rubble, and ground "splats". This should hopefully add bit more visual polish to the experience! For anyone new that's interested in checking this campaign out, enjoy!

As for future updates, maybe if I feel like it, I could do a whole campaign exploring the "Fourth War" and its many events. Stay tuned!

Level 8
Elune-Adore, everyone. I just updated the campaign to v.2.01, which updates several doodads with higher quality assets (such as the flowers seen above). Other updated assets include new resurrection stones, waterfalls, rubble, and ground "splats". This should hopefully add bit more visual polish to the experience! For anyone new that's interested in checking this campaign out, enjoy!

As for future updates, maybe if I feel like it, I could do a whole campaign exploring the "Fourth War" and its many events. Stay tuned!
"Exploring the Fourth War and many events"? Does that mean Old Gods will also appear?

Level 5
Omg a wow story on warcraft 3 mode hell yeah 😁😀😳
But i was wish the story of this campaing was legion or warlords of draenor or even wrath of lich king wow expentions
Becuse i realy hate new billizard expentions like bfa or shodow lands the story of new wow expentions are realy boring and spaceyyy story its like cartoon its realy good for kids not adult s😄but i think the best expention of wow was wrath of lich king arthas story i miss that story of arthas was realy good even i remmber i cried when i finished wrath of lich king
Thanks man ❤️

Level 5
Omg a wow story on warcraft 3 mode hell yeah 😁😀😳
But i was wish the story of this campaing was legion or warlords of draenor or even wrath of lich king wow expentions
Becuse i realy hate new billizard expentions like bfa or shodow lands the story of new wow expentions are realy boring and spaceyyy story its like cartoon its realy good for kids not adult s😄but i think the best expention of wow was wrath of lich king arthas story i miss that story of arthas was realy good even i remmber i cried when i finished wrath of lich king
Thanks man ❤️ i am wow fan

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. Tad annoying that units have not QWERTY spell keybindings.
  2. Kind of sucks that Trueshot Aura doesn't work on Delaryn. It's practically useless to her.
  3. Elven units are quite weak compared to Horde ones.
  4. Worgens have mana but no ability to use it.
  5. All three Forsaken captains are named Lord Maldazzar. This quest is shown on screen as optional but there is only Main Quests in the quest log while the column for optional ones is named Codex.
  6. In chapter 2, for some reason, if you select all your troops, two Hide/Shadowmeld abilities appear, one near the other on the command card.
  7. Items often get hidden by non-decaying enemy unit bodies.
  8. The Enchanted Gemstone could be a variable/rune so it won't take inventory space.
  9. Ring of Power=Gem of Ogag. They do the same thing.
  10. Kind of unoriginal for Sylvanas to have Trueshot Aura as Daleryn.
  11. Does Banshee's Grip work on heroes or units above level 5? Yes, and only for 80 mana. Also, a fast cooldown. Poor enemy heroes. Also, from quite a range, Darth Vader style.
  12. The Shaman's DISBTN icon is the same as his BTN one.
  13. Sturdy War Axe costs more than Hood of Cunning, even though the latter gives more to any of the two heroes since they are Agility based.
  14. Sylvanas Slide seems overpowered if the hero can remain near units long enough to deal high damage.
  15. Way Gates don't work as Way Gates. Units don't know how to get automatically through them and the player has to manually click on the gates.
  16. Sira can be beaten quick and the tenth level dragon can be ignored.
  17. Thelthak Hollowmane appears out of the blue quite constantly and quickly after being killed, usually in the same place and with a few troops too. Weird. After attacking the south elven base, he retreats somewhere near the purple orc base' zone.
  18. If the Trees of Life belong to the player and get destroyed, the mission is not lost.
  19. Why do you fight green dragons with the night elves?
  20. Ruby of Azsune doesn't say how much it heals.
  21. A Blood Golem was owned by the Kaldorei Refugees in the northwestern enemy base past Lord Murray. And that base's mine is owned by them instead of being neutral.
  22. Moving directly to the villagers ends the quest if you can do it without getting stuck by enemy units.
A lovely visual experience overall, overlapping old-school Warcraft III type missions.

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Its raw campaign. I regret that i wasted my time playing it.
Please provide an actual feedback instead of " I wasted time". I have removed your 1 star rating. It is simply unfair for the author.

nv4

nv4

Level 8
A nice small campaign, that really gives a vibe of original WC3 campaigns gameplay-wise. The terrain is top tier, as always. Overall, it felt more like a techno demo to me. And I mean a techno demo of what Reforged could be if current ""Blizzard"" weren't so hideously incompetent. Anyway, I had fun playing it.
And I feel like the "highlight" of the campaign is HD models. Though I still prefer classic ones, I have to admit these look really nice, especially compared to Reforged ones. Although I still had minor problems distinguishing things sometimes. Unfortunately, there are also quite a few issues with these HD models.
1) Some models don't display VFX of different things applied to them. For example, here spirit walker has 3 effects applied to him but none of them shows on the unit model.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_073122_132533_02.png
2) Almost all units don't have red glowing fists when under effect of Frenzy or Bloodlust. Strangely though, Sylvanas and necromancer do have glowing fists.
3) Spider queen has no VFX from Sylvanas' grip.
4) Malfurion's entangling roots don't scale with unit size, so they can't be seen on bigger units like kodo beast.
5) Blood elven archers don't have arrows. It looks really stupid how they draw a literal nothing from their nonexistent quiver, and then suddenly an arrow appears when they release the string. They look like a failed cosplay of elves from Disciples.
6) Lightning shield on Rokhan is centered around his left arm.
7) There are barely any units spilling blood on ground upon their death.
8) I was going to say how illogical it is that Delaryn and Sylvanas both have trushot aura while Shandris doesn't, but then I saw her attack animation... Well, apparently she doesn't even know how to use a bow, since she just throws arrows out of her other hand.
9) Dryad has completely broken attack animation - the spear flies off from from the wrong arm, it flies off before she does the corresponding motion with her arm, and the spear in her hand remains, so it looks more like she just conjures another spear instead of throwing hers.
10) Ancient of wonders uses both rooted and unrooted models at the same time.

1) Drop from enemies can be easily missed due to overlapping with corpses. Perhaps, it could be solved by adding vertical glowing ray to droped loot, kind of like it is in Apex Legends and other similar games?
2) Zooming camera makes it stutter, like it's bumping into something.
3) Prologue - probably would be better to move Astranaar codex entry somewhere else, since it's relatively far behind the last enemies and people are likely to finish the level before finding it. Maybe even accidentaly finish it, since undead reinforcements there are strong enough to be capable to kill nearby elves by themselves, and they start acting before even the nearest gate is broken.
4) Why are there 2 entries of Astranaar - in prologue and chapter 1?
5) Overall, codex entries are a cool idea, but the execution is somewhat questionable. Some entries (like Delaryn's biography) are not too long and actually provide useful information to players not familiar with WoW lore. Other entries are rather pointless, some even simply reciting an already known information. For example, what's the point of entries for meat wagons and Forsaken? What's the point of stating that meat wagons are used to transport corpses? It's obvious, it's known from playing original campaigns in WC3, and was even mentioned in characters' dialogues (like Arthas asking Kel'Thuzad why would they need an urn instead of simply using meat wagons). And Forsaken entry again recites things already known from TFT campaign, with only "unknown" thing being that Forsaken are now allied with Horde, but that's already obvious from the first cinematic. These 2 entries could be removed altogether and that would change absolutely nothing, as they provide no useful information at all.
6) Chapter 1 - Reinforcements sent by captain Deandra should talk and come under player's control when they reach Delaryn instead of doing so when they appear on the map. I was confused at first when I saw someone talking about reinforcements, yet no new units visible in the visinity. And it's rather immersion breaking how that huntress speaks to Delaryn across the whole map.
7) IMO trueshot aura doesn't fit Delaryn, both from gameplay perspetive (she's a meele hero) and general logic - trueshot aura basically singnifies high marksmaship skill combined with ability to efficiently command ranged units, so if she's such a good marksman, why doesn't she proper weapon herself?.
Command aura would suit her better both gameplay-wise and logic-wise - she's captain of NE's city guard, so it makes sense she knows how to efficiently command her troops. With values like 7\11\15 % to give roughly the same overall benefit as trueshot aura does. Or she could have devotion aura.
8) Chapter 2 - why no upgrades for mountain giant, despite him being worth his food cost only with upgrades? Not even being able to carry a tree. I'd rather have other units for the same food cost.
9) Perhaps it would be better to have a barrier on the path to azerite, prohibiting going there until quest to meet Onu is completed. You know, so the gameplay is consistent with the story. Before meeting Onu, I completed side quest with activating waygate and went to explore north, to azerite. Reached azerite, Delaryn even said her line, and then... Nothing. Got me confused, like "That's it? Is it just a decoration? Maybe something is supposed to happen but is bugged? Or did I get here too early?" Had to go to Onu and then back to azerite. That was rather silly.
10) Chapter 3 - why does Voraan have Horn of Cenarius in his inventory? Malfurion feeling too generous?
11) In cinematic Sylvanas literally says "it is clear that this substance has vast destructive capability" talking about azerite. In chapter 3, after reaching azerite by quest, during cutscene, Delaryn says "Without azerite, Sylvanas cannot win", again hinting at its warfare potential. Yet codex entry says "Besides making people feel funny, little else is known". So what is it, "little else is known" or "can certainly be used for warfare"?
12) For items, it's always nice to know actual values and not, for example, just "minor mana regeneration" (as it is with Lesser ring of intelligence +3).
13) Fel ring of Endurance - tooltip says "carved into this staff". Pretty sure it's a ring, not a staff.
14) Chapter 3 - goblin shredders could be cutting trees (I mean just animation, not actually damaging the trees) instead of just standing idly.
15) Chapter 4 - new heroes should be assigned hotkeys after the already present ones. And I mean I have 3 heroes, hotkeys F1-F3, accuqire Shandris - and her hotkey should be F4 instead of F1 as it is now.
16) Chapter 5 - either Strength of the Wild and Reinforced Hides upgrades at hunter's hall should be removed here or it should be possible to make buildings with relevant units.

There's also quite a bunch of bugs. I doubt any of them are game version related, but just in case - I played on 1.29.2 (I know it's best played with version 1.27b, but installing 1.27 along with later versions is a hassle, and I was too lazy to even change the language to english for screenshots).
1) Throughout the whole campaign, a lot of enemies have questionable aggro range - they don't aggro unless someone walks up to melee range or attacks them. And I'd get it if it was intended design, but it's inconsistent - some enemies have normal aggro ranges, and some don't. In fact, it's so inconsistent that even different enemies of the same group sometimes have different aggro ranges.
And it also applies to allies. For example, in ch 4 Shandris didn't react to her own base being attacked ~1000 distance away from her.
And here's the example of only 3 units from the whole group attacking me, and not even the closest ones.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_073122_140547_05.png
2) In prologue, in starting cutscene Saurfang says "village of Astranaar" even though it's a town\city. And there are quite a few cases of "Astranaar" being misspelled as "Astraanar" - in prologue and chapter 1 on the pickable item and codex entry title, in the description of the main quest in prologue, in the dialogue when assassins kill a squad of NE. And probably in other places that I didn't notice.
3) If Saurfang's Rage deals enough damage to kill the target, it sometimes doesn't throw the target (instead the target "explodes" as if it was killed by siege unit's attack) and thus results in no AOE damage and slow.
4) Worgen mage and necromancer have wrong attack sound - they use water elemental's sound, that sounds like a water splash.
5) Delaryn's spinning fan of knives' tooltip says "lasts 10 seconds" but it actually does instant damage.
6) Worgen has mana despite his abilities not costing any.
7) In chapter 2, archers have bugged shadowmeld - selecting archers with any other unit with shadowmeld results in 2 different shadowmeld icons appearing in ability menu of all selected units, even those without shadowmeld, and even moves other abilities from their respective places. Weird enough, it only happens in chapter 2.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_073122_153747_07.png
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080222_230345_02.png
8) Waygates are completely bugged. Units teleport by simply walking over it - without clicking on the waygate itself or it being part of the shortes route. And yet they don't use the waygate when they should - when using it allows for shortest route. So if some unit accidentaly walks over waygate he's run back across the whole map instead of using the waygate again.
9) Chapter 3 - shaman's icon at the barracks looks like it's possible to hire him even when there's no units nearby.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080222_232027_01.png
10) Banshee's Grip can be used on heroes, high lvl creeps and even magic immune units, and it absolutely should not.
11) Apparently Sylvanas has 4th level of Slide, and tooltip doesn't mention it.
Varok's Deathbringer tooltip implies it has 3 lvls, and it actually has only 2 levels.
Rokhan is taken straight out from Rexxar's campaign, having 4 levels of basic abilities, 2 lvls of ult and even 4 lvls of +3 stats.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080122_002906_02.png
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080122_003329_04.png
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080122_003026_03.png
12) Varok's lvl, items and everything else saves after Chapter 3 for subsequent replays. I finished the chapter with Varok reaching lvl 8, started this chapter again and Varok had lvl 8, all his items and skills as they were when I first finished this chapter.
13) Valkyrs heal enemy units. I understand they are basically fountains, but that's immersion breaking.
14) Ancients' death animation is that of them exploding, yet their corpse somewhy still remains.
15) Chapter 4 - Ancient of War has Eat Tree ability even in rooted form.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080122_222924_01.png
15) Shandris' dagger has "D" hotkey instead of "Q".
16) Chapter 5 (Fall or Lor'danel) has typo in loading screen, saying it's chapter 4, and in campaign menu (where you choose chapters to play) it's called chapter 6.
17) I suppose being unable to research vorpal blades in chapter 5 is a bug.
18) Blood golem decided to switch sides? He even attacks enemies that come in meele range.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080122_234525_02.png
19) Damn, even the gold mine joined the Horde? Sylvanas must have some crazy persuasion skills.
AnyConv.com__WC3ScrnShot_080122_234716_03.png

Last edited:
Level 19
I know how important good feedback is, so I'm trying to give as much as possible (and hopefully useful advices as a fellow mapmaker) :
WALL OF TEXT & MAJOR NICKPICKING INCOMING !

-Played the 2.01 version on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version-
Note : I know almost nothing about WOW's plot outside of what I learned from tomoraider's campaigns, so I don't have the same viewpoint as a lore fan

-the music stops after playing once or after reloading the map, you should either replace the race music so the track(s) automatically plays or put a trigger with a timer of the song's length (if you already did that it's probably on my end)
-all units appear smaller and are harder to select in battle but seem to pathblock themselves just as much as normal – maybe reduce their collision size and up their selection size
-wally clashes with serious tone + where is his hat ?
-blood fury should be automatically on for the worgen
-the slide ability of Sylvanas can't go through your own troops so it tends to bug out, also should an archer hero want to go in melee range ?
-in the same vein the melee ability of Saurfang is hard to use when you have melee units in the way which is often with the many narrow passages
-the amount of items you get is pretty crazy so heroes are a bit OP on the last maps - where you have a base but barely need it as a result
-you should probably delete the test map (I was curious why there were 10 maps but only 9 playable so I checked in the editor)
-the horde attacks the world tree protected by nature warriors to get a rare and powerful substance ? Did WOW rip Avatar's plot ? :con:
-Saurfang is not easy to pick up when he is among grunts, the 2 models look alike in normal camera
-overall this is much better balanced than an earlier version I tried where the assassins decimated your troops with their poison
-I don't like invisible walls – maybe have the hero say you have to do the objective first or put a log/barricade
-please don't teleport my units before I got the chance to loot/explore
-one of the moonwells doesn't give mana/health
-the map design with the shortcuts opening and the valkyr healer following you is really nice
-I really like the fact that you can hire replacements with gold
-I love and hate the combo towers+barricades+catapults the enemy have : it needs strategy but your archers melt in seconds – but that's just because I hate to lose units on micro maps
-still, it would have been nice to have some siege damage, like the tree of the mountain giant
-poor furbolgs... seemingly destined to be put down in nightelves sidequests forever :gg:
-the furbolg sidequest doesn't appear in the log at first, I think until you free them and it's over
-there's a bunch of invincible sleeping furbolgs marked as frenzied... are they supposed to be dead ? It's not clear, since you used to mark them as corpses in your other maps IIRC
-the furbolg you rescue are also marked as frenzied ?
-the shadowmeld of archers is different so you have 2 icons if you use a group and it changes the place of Delaryn's ultimate icon
-I guess you used triggers for portals instead of their intended use (point to a region when you double-click on the unit in the editor) so it's not used by the AI pathfinding and units keep being teleported whenever you move a group around it, it's annoying
-rune of speed in shops is a real nice quality of life feature :thumbs_up:
-it's a shame you can't tell Onu what you found since he's the one that gave you the quest
-the units in Onu's camp have strange HP amounts... not a problem of course but I'm left wondering :confused:2
-I don't remember how many tomes I got in the prologue, but Sylvanas seems weak stat-wise compared to Saurfang, I don't know if it's intended, to show Sylvanas rules more with her brain than her brawn
-the shaman icon is the same when unavailable (no DISBTN)
-berzerker trolls are the only unit that cost wood and supply, when they're far from the best you can hire
-the cutscene with the goblin mechs takes a while to fire – presumably you checked for « unit exists » instead of « unit alive » so there is the decaying delay ?
-from one AI ally group I got a ancient protector that can't root, and an « awakened » one with pulverize but it's locked, I feel I'm not supposed to
-you can't train mountain giant and faerie dragons because you can't build the ancient shop
-skipping the last cutscene at the start is bugged, you just exit cinematic mode but it goes on and you get one of the side quests again, but it does end the map
-I can't say I like the very limited techtree which means you can't replace the losses and the mountain giant is pretty limited without its upgrades
-there's a blood golem considered as a refugee
-sentries would be more useful if they had armor and damage upgrades
-the tight passages, hard to select units and barricades and lots and lots of towers means you're fighting warcraft's pathfinding and AI (that never targets towers when there are units) more than the enemies and IMO it gets old
-the 2 lvl 15 bosses are pretty tough and fun to fight, though
-in retrospect maybe I should have used only the heroes, as they're pretty OP with the tons of powerful items you get in this campaign... so the base is not needed
-no male villagers ? I wonder if it's a choice or a lack of models
-I guess Wally is replacing a player character when Furion gets wrecked ? anyway nice cutscene even if the story is not my thing
-what was the point of the azerite ? It looked like it was gonna be important...

As always, stellar presentation, even if I didn't care much for the plot, but I guess it's more for people who already know/like WOW's storyline. The gameplay was really cool at first but I think it gets old towards the end, especially in the last map. I don't know if it was the map itself or if the gameplay became too repetitive, probably both.

I hope this will be useful to Med. MapGuy.

Level 26
Can I ask you about this game version requirement change? Because so far there is no interence with that, and I played several campaigns of yours, and I was looking that you suddely changed the recommended game version for your campaigns (I do not checked every one of them, but I discovered that you changed the recommended for 2 for sure.)
So far so good, everybody is happy and like forest fire is near you change these things. Why? Did you just changed the version number or do you really did something, that changes everything and now? Everyone must be played only with the glorious release of 1.35? I do not have a problem, I played this campaign before, I liked it, I'm no one to say against the quality of your campaigns, I'm just suiprised, that the new patch release maked you change things that are did not interfered with anyone.

Level 19
The file says "recommended version : 1.33" so I think he did a new save on 1.33.
It means that everyone who uses older versions can't play it anymore.

I really hope Med. MapGuy can make the last 1.27 version available as a "legacy, won't be updated anymore" download too, instead of replacing (like Blizzard did with warcraft). He was one of the only ones still making campaigns I can play so I'm bummed out :sad:

Level 13
Can I ask you about this game version requirement change? Because so far there is no interence with that, and I played several campaigns of yours, and I was looking that you suddely changed the recommended game version for your campaigns (I do not checked every one of them, but I discovered that you changed the recommended for 2 for sure.)
So far so good, everybody is happy and like forest fire is near you change these things. Why? Did you just changed the version number or do you really did something, that changes everything and now? Everyone must be played only with the glorious release of 1.35? I do not have a problem, I played this campaign before, I liked it, I'm no one to say against the quality of your campaigns, I'm just suiprised, that the new patch release maked you change things that are did not interfered with anyone.

At least 75% of people bought Reforged. It is better, prettier and ..... (I don't think so, besides with Rebirth mod I have almost Reforged). This change was expected to happen after Reforged supports custom campaigns, but I didn't expect any of the creators to "respond" so quickly. It's a real shame that we've lost a game creator from the good old days.

On the other hand, on the good side, someone will soon create a Reforged campaign conversion program for Warcraft 1.26 to 1.31. All we need is just a little more patience:psmile:. I also think that this currently unpleasant change will bring new opportunities for the old versions of Warraft III that have been hidden until now or features that may appear in Reforged in the future will be imported and again because of the "dirty" thoughts of Blizzard, the abandoned child will get and have a lot more - as it is now.

To Med. MapGuy :psmile: Rapid job shame for the master

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 17-54-18 Battle for Azeroth War of Thorns.png

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 17-55-09 Battle for Azeroth War of Thorns.png

Last edited:
Level 26
The file says "recommended version : 1.33" so I think he did a new save on 1.33.
It means that everyone who uses older versions can't play it anymore.

I really hope Med. MapGuy can make the last 1.27 version available as a "legacy, won't be updated anymore" download too, instead of replacing (like Blizzard did with warcraft). He was one of the only ones still making campaigns I can play so I'm bummed out :sad:
In our world, I don't give hopes for this. Accept the fact, that they did this immediately after release of 1.35. That's how it is...

Level 23
Hi guys, I understand your disappointment. I've spent a lot of time mulling over whether I should finally adopt Warcraft III: Reforged, and felt it was finally time. I was worried that new players trying my campaigns for the first time would feel like the version they were playing was not optimized for the newest version of the game (The lack of proper loading screens, the buggy models and textures that weren't compatible with Reforged had to be fixed) This doesn't mean I'll be abandoning Pre-Reforged players as I'll be uploading the Pre-Reforged versions for my works soon!

Also, I am considering releasing both a 1.27b and Reforged version of my future works to benefit all players. Thank you for the support.

Level 11
No, it is still possible to download the game from the official website. Purchasing the whole game is only meant for those who want both SD and HD.
i don t think so because to launch reforged you need the battle net launcher and its only way to have it in the launcher is to buy it also if it was free it download link would have been in the site with the other versions

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
i don t think so because to launch reforged you need the battle net launcher and its only way to have it in the launcher is to buy it also if it was free it download link would have been in the site with the other versions
You need original CD-Keys. I have my pre-Reforged ones and I can update SD/Classic no problem. Yes, of course, you need to install the Battle.net app though but you don't pay anything extra.

Level 23
can you post the Models? Please I'll be sooooooooooooooooooooo happy
Feel free to look through the imported files section and extract whatever you want.
If you're interested in WoW models, suggest you join Discord:

Warcraft Models:

XGM Guru / WC3 Models page:

You can also check out Warcraft Resources on Facebook:

Level 5
Feel free to look through the imported files section and extract whatever you want.
If you're interested in WoW models, suggest you join Discord:

Warcraft Models:

XGM Guru / WC3 Models page:

You can also check out Warcraft Resources on Facebook:
Ty.

Level 2
It is a well-made campaign but lacking in some regards.
The difficult is low and the size of the controlled forces is not appropriate.
The story is nice for those who are interested in it.