• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Charge v1.3

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a small and fast 1v1 map where players build their army to defend their base and destroy enemy base.
Objective is to destroy enemy Castle.

Basics:
- You gain gold over time, by mining and killing enemy units
- Player that has more kills; after 4 minutes gets bonus gold (2 x Number of kills)
- Finish your upgrades to make more units, items and abilities available that can help you in your mission

Mechanics:
- Gate can be opened at building 'Gate Engine' using a spell 'Open/Close Gate'
- To destroy enemy gate; you'll need to destroy one of the towers that guard the gate (Gate can't be repaired)
- Archer Tower must contain an Archer to be able to attack
- There is a limit of 4 Workers and 2 Spies per player

Models that I used for this map:
- Mounted Footman; by Mephestrial
- Ranger; by HappyTauren

REMINDER!
- This map is still expanding so it may seam that it doesn't have much stuff but there will be more in the future!
- I hope you enjoy and that it doesn't suck too much! :D
- Any feedback is welcome
Previews
Contents

Battle Charge v1.3 (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
this^ (needs to be cleared) 1. Upgrades don't have hotkeys (at least not visible ones). 2. What's with the ogre? The resources it gives are way less than you lose to kill it. 3. Why change the icon for evasion? 4. How do you destroy the enemy gate...
deepstrasz
You have not addressed this issue. You have also not provided a changelog. Awaiting Update.
Level 19
Alright, some things:
-At the start of the game, that little fight intro. Are the units meant to be there after one side kills the other? If not, a good idea is to make the sides that fight be other players but maintain the unit colors to give the illusion. If not, it might end giving an unfair advantage at the start to the winning side of that battle that can pretty much make the entire map premisse moot. But that is more of a opinion.

-I would suggest a way to rebuild structures that were destroyed by the other player, and also a way to train peasants in case the enemy kills them (actually kinda easy to run somesuicidal archers in just for that, so your enemy stop having an income.). Put a limit on them tho, so you can only build more if you have less than 3, for example.

-As about balance, I dont see a huge issue with it. The map raminds me of old villager builder/castle builder maps without the building factor, and is quite fast paced.

-Also theres a small typo right at the loading screen.

All in all, the map isnt that bad, and can be quite fun if you want some fast battle going.

Level 2
Alright, some things:
-At the start of the game, that little fight intro. Are the units meant to be there after one side kills the other? If not, a good idea is to make the sides that fight be other players but maintain the unit colors to give the illusion. If not, it might end giving an unfair advantage at the start to the winning side of that battle that can pretty much make the entire map premisse moot. But that is more of a opinion.

-I would suggest a way to rebuild structures that were destroyed by the other player, and also a way to train peasants in case the enemy kills them (actually kinda easy to run somesuicidal archers in just for that, so your enemy stop having an income.). Put a limit on them tho, so you can only build more if you have less than 3, for example.

-As about balance, I dont see a huge issue with it. The map raminds me of old villager builder/castle builder maps without the building factor, and is quite fast paced.

-Also theres a small typo right at the loading screen.

All in all, the map isnt that bad, and can be quite fun if you want some fast battle going.
Thanks for the feedback mate :D

-Actually I was thinking of removing that fight at the begging and I think I should.

-Btw Workers have their training limit set on 3 and you can make them at Castle xD

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Author name is different from user name.
this^ (needs to be cleared)

1. Upgrades don't have hotkeys (at least not visible ones).
2. What's with the ogre? The resources it gives are way less than you lose to kill it.
3. Why change the icon for evasion?
4. How do you destroy the enemy gate? You are forced to use attack ground on the enemy's circle of power.

Overall, a nice minigame.
Maybe you could enhance it somehow, with more options for various units/abilities and such (and events going on).

Left to Pending.

=====================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

--------------------------------------

EDIT:
found this: Battle Charge v1.0 - Warcraft 3 Maps - Epic War.com posted before Kamen's version even on EpicWar. The first uploaded version has as the author Pekivoje. So, I am in doubt whether you made this map or not...

Awaiting Update.

Last edited: