• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Battalions of Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Since I'm not really planning to get my idea implemented in a map, I'm just going to give some ideas that could enhance your (mechman) system

- An ability (captain) ~Ignore commands; which basically orders the squad to ignore the orders of the assigned commander. How it'd work? an ability based off immolation (activate/deactivate) leaves behind a buff at the captain. At the point/object/no target order triggers you implement a check (condition) to see if the captain has the buff. if he does, the trigger doesn't run...
this can be useful because you can individually control your commander without controlling your squad.
- Select Squad (Captain) selects all units (except the captain) in the squad. Can be useful if you wish to separate the captain and the squad in combination with "ignore commands".
- Add / Remove soldier (Captain) could still be implemented in your system I think. Ofcourse it wouldn't be nessecary, but I don't think it'd hurt if you enhance it by including it. Nobody forces you to use the abilities anyway :)
Basically, this could *easily* be implemented by removing the targetted unit from his assigned unit group (remove unit) or assigning it to a new squad (add unit) on condition it is not in another unit group yet.

update

So far I managed to make death, so after all members die, the group is erased. However invulnerable capt'n thingy is not yet implemented fully, I will probably add the feature next time. Now there is also the reinforce ability in the barracks, which is not fully tested, I will wait also for you to test it. You should tell me about the cost of individual soldier (maybe dividing with battallion cost and number of troops in it), now it is stored in a variable.

If you will have problems with importing the system after is nearly complete in your map I can help you.

Attachments

• battalion.w3x
    105.6 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
Level 13
-Death of Group: Works great. After everyone dies it deletes the group and allows for another Battalion to be made.

-Reinforce: Kinda buggy. I'm going to run some more tests but the times I tried it would exceed the amount of men in the battalion and created some just soldiers just hanging around not in any battalion. But it did replenish the men just it doesn't know when to stop I think.

I tried tweeking around a bit with the trigs and I set the battalionlimit to 10. Then made a Calvary Battalion to go with the Infantry Battalion. Both worked fine.

I have a question though about you Cannon model. How come in game when it attacks it doesn't matter which way it's facing? Most of the time it fires sideways or backwards...

Status
Not open for further replies.