1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The raddest synthwave tracks were chosen - Check out our Music Contest #12 - Results and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Basic Mapping Video Tutorial

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by Doctor-Pepper, Aug 25, 2007.

1. archangel008

archangel008

Resources:
    Resources:
    Instead of allowing it to spawn for player 1, you have it spawn for "Owner of triggering Unit"

2. Frost DmL3

Frost DmL3

Resources:
    Resources:
    If and to do{make} video training program it is better in a format mp4, further we compress it{her} in the archiver and it{she} borrows{occupies} not enough place.

3. DaKilla

DaKilla

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks for your video tutorial!

I'm a total noob in WE so I think this will help me a lot^^

4. Oklino

Oklino

Resources:
    Resources:
    great tutorial i wish there was more stuff like this (video tuts)!!!

but one thing i have missed or what i'd add is "how to spawn the picked hero at a different location". Ok it only took a few minutes to figure out but usually you don't let the hero spawn at the same region :)

but like it's been said many times before: great tutorial - a key to basic mapping!

5. Slaydon

Slaydon

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You couldnt do it faste :p
    "Warning Nerd Alert" xD

6. MaryuZ

MaryuZ

Resources:
    Resources:
    kinda hellped

the only thing i didn't know was the load screen mod(how do i make my own load screen?...like DotA?)
    O...and the "u can add trees...U can add some more trees" part was very funny

7. Malcous

Malcous

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice! :)

8. ebolavms2

ebolavms2

Resources:
    Resources:
    thanks...i have downloaded this tutorial and i have learn a basic mapping and how to pick a hero from circle of power

9. Kaderan

Kaderan

Resources:
    Resources:
    wow ty m8 this realy helped me... in sort of ways...