• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic and Advanced Build Icons

Level 12
I don't even remember what those images were suppose to be showing and I definitely don't have them anymore. This method isn't really totally viable anyway. I'll update the post with the information I think is suppose to be there though.

I just found this tutorial when I was looking for something else. This is a really clever way to do this!

Thanks for taking the time to write this up! +Rep

There's actually some even better ways to do this. Instead of having the button art be replaced with a null image, you can simply move the button to 0,-11 so it is no longer visible on the command card. This also has the added benefit of making it unable to be activated via hotkey as well, iirc, so you'd have to activate the ability via Issue Order instead of Force Hotkey which also removes the second annoying click sound and accomplishes basically the same thing.

Last edited:
Level 12
Highly experimental, but is very promising so far:

Basic and Advanced Build.w3x

Biggest downside so far seems that it will *have* to be Brood War-esque, in that multiple workers selected cannot be ordered to build buildings. If you use SharpCraft in your mod, however, you could detect if Shift is being held and set up some system to select workers individually, swapping through workers that were previously selected if Shift is being held and the building is placed, queue buildings properly as players would expect, then restore the original selection of the player after they release Shift. As far as vanilla WC3 goes this is not possible though.

Last edited:
Level 3
i tried what loktar did and it is a good solution but in the new editor it doesnt replace the initial build button with the ability. So when i start his map everything goes the way it should, but when i create a new map in the new editor and implement his code and add the abilities to the worker. The worker has his initial build button and the two abilities.

Any solutions for that? or is there an easier way nowadays to give one worker more than 11 buildings?

Thanks for help

loktar (Basic and Advanced Build Icons) in the middle is his post

Level 3
constant gameevent EVENT_GAME_BUILD_SUBMENU = ConvertGameEvent(10) ((((This trigger isnt allowed to use in multiplayer?))))

What about making a boolean which is set to false when you just enter the submenu and you can build normal buildings
on the other hand when you activate the advanced ability you can set the boolean to true and enter the submenu through trigger

and everytime you enter the submenu you check for boolean and activate/deactivate the available buildings