1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Basic and Advanced Build Icons

Discussion in 'General Mapping Tutorials' started by aple, Aug 14, 2013.

1. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    no, ai is not effefcted

2. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    AI Doesn't react to this system properly however, you need to use a triggered AI of some sort.

3. XicorD

XicorD

Resources:
    Resources:
    But... guys... Is there a way to hide the original Build (race) spell from the worker? I have 3 build spells on the Peasant... The original one, the basic and the advanced, in the demo the original one has the yellow cross icon and it is in another position, how do I make this?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  4. JCarrill0

JCarrill0

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    you got to download the map, and use the imported files the map gives you. It's pretty easy to do.
    Read post #1 again, but fully this time. You probably missed it.

5. XicorD

XicorD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thanks! I already made it.

6. XicorD

XicorD

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm, everything was working okay till i made the build basic and advanced for two races and not only one ('don't know how to explain myself), it is maybe because I used two different spells? I mean...
    Build Basic (Human)
    Build Advanced (Human)
    Build Basic (Illidan's Forces)
    Build Advanced (Illidan's Forces)
    I am using the cleaner and more efficent way given by loktar. I wanted to make two spells for each race so they all can have different icons instead of only one.

EDIT: I tried using the same spell I used for the humans but it keeps not working... It shows all the buildings instead of only some of them, like, you press Basic Structures and it shows you the basic and advanced one.

EDIT... Again: SHIT, DON'T WORRY. I already solved it, I forgot adding "Map initialization" in the Build Set of the Illidan's Forces.

7. bigboss

bigboss

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    hi everyone hmmm i recently tested loktar's method and its fine but when i try it in multiplayer if only one player casts the build abilities it affects all the players who has the same builder type (ex: P1 Peasant casts Build but it also activates for P2 Peasant) can anyone confirmed this??

8. warcraftmodding123

warcraftmodding123

Resources:
    Resources:
    Does someone here have a working trigger map example of advanced building?

thanks.

9. Jake Kessler

Jake Kessler

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I just found this tutorial when I was looking for something else. This is a really clever way to do this!

Thanks for taking the time to write this up! +Rep

10. IcemanBo

IcemanBo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    @aple , could you by chance fix the missing images? Attaching to a post would be best.

11. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't even remember what those images were suppose to be showing and I definitely don't have them anymore. This method isn't really totally viable anyway. I'll update the post with the information I think is suppose to be there though.

There's actually some even better ways to do this. Instead of having the button art be replaced with a null image, you can simply move the button to 0,-11 so it is no longer visible on the command card. This also has the added benefit of making it unable to be activated via hotkey as well, iirc, so you'd have to activate the ability via Issue Order instead of Force Hotkey which also removes the second annoying click sound and accomplishes basically the same thing.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  12. aple

aple

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Highly experimental, but is very promising so far:

Basic and Advanced Build.w3x

Biggest downside so far seems that it will *have* to be Brood War-esque, in that multiple workers selected cannot be ordered to build buildings. If you use SharpCraft in your mod, however, you could detect if Shift is being held and set up some system to select workers individually, swapping through workers that were previously selected if Shift is being held and the building is placed, queue buildings properly as players would expect, then restore the original selection of the player after they release Shift. As far as vanilla WC3 goes this is not possible though.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017