• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bash'ir

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Reactions: Achille
# 1on1 | 2on2 or | 4P-FFA - Competitive like Melee Map !

#FEATURES#
# Outlands / Dungeons Textures !
# 2x Goblin Merchants !
# 2x mercenary Camp !
# 2x Expansion 1x for each Player
# 1x Tavern

#CREEPS#
# 12x Green Creepspots
# 6x Yellow Creepspots
# 2x Red Creepspots

# DESCRIPTION / INFO #

I've rarely seen maps with dungeon or outlands tilesets, so I thought a map with a combination of these two could be good. I tried to use original loottable settings if possible...I am very happy with the result and I hope you like it too. Feedback is of course welcome!
Previews
Contents

Bash'ir (Map)

Reviews
mafe
Hello, nice to see another melee map from you! Overall the map is doing many things right, but some details should be looked at again. Of course, as you pointed out there arent many dungeon-tileset maps around, and the reason for this is that...

mafe

Map Reviewer
Level 24
Hello, nice to see another melee map from you!

Overall the map is doing many things right, but some details should be looked at again. Of course, as you pointed out there arent many dungeon-tileset maps around, and the reason for this is that unfortunately these tilesets are really unpopular with many players.
Regarding the game modes, imo for 1v1 the map is too large, and for FFA generally players expect that everyone gets one expansion that clearly "belongs" to them, which isnt the case here. That leaves 2v2, where the map could work well in a north vs south setting, but due to the layout of the expansions, east vs west seems less interesting.

About what I think should be looked at again:
1. Most creepspots are ok, but there are too few creepspots near the main bases. Creeping your first hero to lvl 2 will take a long time. At the very least if the locations remain unchanged, taking any two green spots should give lvl 2.
2. While the majority of itemdrops are appropriate, some are too strong/weak compared to whats "normal": At the merc camps, it should be lvl 2 item instead of lvl 3. At the north/south expansions, it should be a lvl 4 item (+ a powerup) instead of two lvl 2 items. The triple golem spots should probably rather drop a lvl 1 item. You can change the items, but imo it would be better to change the creeps and keep the items (except at the expansions).
3. In general, the amount of creeps is relatively low for a 2v2 map.
4. The map has several narrow "corridor"-like areas where you really can only move forwards or backwards, but not sideways. This is usually not good design, since it restricts player movement and makes it hard to micro in fights (also melee units tend to suffer more from this than ranged units, which is a nerf to some strategies.). If you look at most ladder maps, they usually consist mostly of open fields, with just a few and importantly much shorter "corridors".
5. At any expansion there should be a creep that isnt on camp stance. Otherwise the creep AI can be abused by building nearby without aggroing the creeps. For example, undeads can haunt the expansions on this map at night while the creeps are still there, and the creeps wont attack.
6. Gaps between trees: There should be no gaps at all between trees. Check with "p" and "ctrl + d" and compare your maps to standard ladder maps. On standard maps, the forest locations are nearly 100% purple, whereas on your map, there are countless gaps. Trees should be placed exclusively with the size 1 or 2 circular tools, and only by individual clicks such that new trees align perfectly with existing trees. Do not plant trees by "holding and dragging the left mouse button". For a 1v1 this would break the balance completely; for team maps it is still not ideal but at least somewhat acceptable.

So overall, issues 4 and 6 would take a lot of work to fix. But try to remember them when you start working on a new map. Imo issue 5 must be fixed, while ideally you also do something to improve 1, 3 and in particular 2. Until then, map set Awaiting Update.