• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Base damage increase for hero with damage tome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
HI guys! :D
I wanted to know if someone could help me with an ability, this should allow your hero to add base damage (with damage volume) for each death he makes. Could someone show me a simple detonator?

Level 21
hey, I'm assuming that by detonator you mean trigger....

I don't have the editor open right now, but you want to do something like this:

event:
generic unit event -> a unit is killed

condition:
boolean condition-> killing unit is a hero type unit = true

action:
set unit real field -> damage of killing unit = damage of killing unit + x (whatever you want to add)

this should be pretty much what you need.

good luck!

Level 2
Thanks for the info, i'm new to this ... and how would i set the trigger if i had skill levels?
By improving the level the damage gained would rise

Level 21
take what I called x earlier and before that line: set x = real ->number that you want * level of ability(relevant ability) for killing unit.

this configuration assumes all heroes in your game have this ability. otherwise in conditions you should filter out irrelevant units to make the trigger more efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.