• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Banish spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
If you go to buffs and effects on the object editor, and go to banish buff, and remove it's art-target, it will only make your person turn transparent.

Level 11
Ok Sephiroth74... I hate to contradict you but...

Channel is actually the perfect dummy ability. You can make it channel, you can make it targatable, you can make that ability do anything. It can channel and act like tranquility (but without the effect) but by default its not like that. By default it acts like bereserk. (No-target) However you can change it to require a unit/destructable target. (Or change it to target the ground!)

Channel is a hero ability. (To help you find it)

Level 5
Channel is actually not that great, it can be really confusing to a newbie, and is utterly useless without the help of triggers. As a dummy spell, maybe, but yeah. It's not the best thing since sliced bread.

And channel will let you move. Just remove the follow through time and make it instant cast.

Level 5
I mean, for example:

You need a single target spell. A lot of people would scream "LOLZ CHANNEL". I say "Acid Bomb". Acid Bomb is a wonderful spell for single-targets, especially since it can use missile arts, something Channel cannot.

Channel is good for things like point and AoE targets, etc., and occasionally for unit targets, but lack of a missile art really hinders its potential use.

Level 5
lack of a missile art really hinders its potential use.
O rly?
You missed these:
channel.JPG
(Yes, they can be found in Channel)

Level 5
Sorry

I tried them out and they didn't work :(
Sorry.

Its three useless fields for Channel then :p
Because the fields are there but do nothing.

Maybe with a specific option they work though. I only tested it in unit target mode.
If anybody reads this thread and is utterly bored... Give it a try!

Level 3
Wow thought this thread died. So you guys say a modified channel can do it? I had messed with it and it was good except for the unit couldn't move which would suck but I didnt try setting the instant cast. I will go back and try that.

Level 3
Pretty sure that you set channel's follow through to the spell duration time.

Yea...Found this on the helper:

Follow Through Time: Follow Through Time can determine whether or not the ability is channeling or not. If we want it to be channeling, set the Follow Through Time to he Duration of the spell and remember to set Disable Other Abilities to false.

So im guessing if you dont want it to be channeling you set it to the spell's duration of zero?

Status
Not open for further replies.