• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

B & W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
There are a lot of monsters that could by simple re-skinning be transformed into the creatures seen in B&W. A gnoll could easily be used as the Wolf by alphaing out the weapons and by otherwise making it more canine in appearance.

Level 45
OMG! i made one ages ago, but i didnt know how to model and unit scalin was hell. i will gladly help u with terrainin, modeling, skinin and basic triggers.

My dream was to create a b&w map, i lost the map though, but makin it was hell and it wasnt bad watchin my unit/monster grow and talk to me.

OMG I WANNA B YUR NUMBER ONE GIRL IN THIS MAP!

Level 14
@ssj2_gohan: There isn't a way to make game similar to b&w. You can build something close to Starcraft, Red Alert 2 but not B%W it is completely different. The goal of this project is to make something similar and based on B&W not copy of the game.

@savage25: i think we must start making some stuff :))

Level 4
U can make something like have people train them in soldiers... and have a big pet with extreme helt and hp ....but you can't make the pet learn from its mistakes like in b&w.....but b&w 2 has upgrades and stuff to directly train the animal....instead of spending time with it ....till it actualy lerns the spell =))

Level 10
poop? skin a thunder lizard egg brown. lol.

never got to trying B&W2 though. only B&W. so is the map going to be multiplayer?

Level 4
Multiplayer

Actually qwerty, one of the reasons I'm making this map is because b&w2 was not multiplayer, so yes it will be multiplayer. As for the poop, if we did use the thunder lizard egg we'd have to do something about that sparkle :) . Claudz, something I've been having troubles with is the fact that b&w2 has 3 resources, ore, wood, and food. I thought I'd try it like this, ore-gold, wood-lumber, and food-food. However that just doesnt work. It might have to do though, atleast until I find another way.

Level 4
Work

Don't get me wrong, I know a good map takes a lot of work. 8) It's just that I'm a little busy with the other things in the map. I have to get everything down like the seperate tribe choosing along with choosing your creature.

Level 4
New

Ok well, what there is so far,
-2 tribes(greek & japanese)with 2 more to come (aztec-ish & Norse-ish).
-Altar(replenishes mana so you can cast more miracles)
-Field(feeds up to 15 people for each field)
-Armory(converts villagers into soldiers)
-Roads(Place roads to make your town look good)
-Walls(Horizontal & Vertical for defense and keeping others out)
-Houses(Villa & Manor)with 2 more to come(skyscraper & slum-ish)
-Graveyard(not sure what it'll do yet, maybe revive people)
-Granary(needed to build over 4 fields, besides its pretty when surrounded by fields)
-Gate(Lets people into and out of your town when open and keeps people out when closed)
-Garden, Well & Fountain(Once again makes your town look good)
-Cage, Torture Pit & Spikes(Makes your town look evil)
-Village Store(Basically your Town Hall)

Any more suggestions? :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.