Hi guys, it's my first time requesting for a model here. I'm looking for an Azshara statue model, in her Naga form (the in-game doodads one is cool, but not what I want). Any help is appreciated, thanks for reading.
First, requests should be made in the Requests Forum. You can contact a moderator and ask for the thread to be moved.
Second, the request itself isn't very clear. How is the model you're requesting different from the one already ingame? Give more specifications.
Hey VAC, before this thread gets moved to the proper forum (Requests) I really hope my contribution helps clarifying what Blood Raven asks of you.
As you showed you know already in the OP, there actually is a model included in the basic Wc3tFT game representing a statue of Azshara. The "Death" animation of that model represents the naga form of the statue, by having it grow a tail and additional arms (a small picture of the "death" animation of the staute is added for clarity).
To a person that would like to fulfill your request, you're just saying "this is not what i want." That's a start, but then that person wonders: 'then what is it he wants?'
If you do a little research, you will see that there is a very large number of different concept art drawings regarding the naga form of Azshara. Which one are you requesting?
I will go ahead and try to suggest a possible reference model that is closer to what you want: (the "Serpent Statue" model from WoW)
of course if there's another one that's closer to what you'd like, post a drawing yourself!
Other details are important for a person that makes a model for you:
- does this statue just stand there, or does it need specific animations for its construction (Birth animation) and its destruction (Death)? Which specific ones? (for example, a Naga-styled Birth animation with enchanted water forming into the statue, or a classic Human-styled animation with wooden scaffolds)
- which material do you want the statue to be made of? Should the modeler make it Crystal, Metallic gray, Golden, stone-gray,...
Please try to think as if you had to make the model yourself and give as many details as possible.
As you showed you know already in the OP, there actually is a model included in the basic Wc3tFT game representing a statue of Azshara. The "Death" animation of that model represents the naga form of the statue, by having it grow a tail and additional arms (a small picture of the "death" animation of the staute is added for clarity). View attachment 262541
I did not notice that statue had a death animation. The animation looks great, but her head is still pretty much NE and she still has legs, so not really what I want (since I have never seen a Naga with a leg).
I was not very picky when I started the thread, since the model would be used for decoration mostly anyway, and if there was one in-game naga statue I would have used it. However, if it is okay for me to request such details (I'm still new here, sorry ) and my suggestions would help modelers, then I'm more than happy to share them:
- Octopus-like arms (legs) would set her different from the other Nagas. Please make the number of legs even, with a minimum of 4: Queen Azshara The statue leg can be on the ground directly, or on a thin and flat round plate.
- 6 arms would be best, otherwise 4 arms is okay too. Bare-hand with one arm pointing forward or with a magical staff. If the modeler chooses the staff option, please make one with a snake coiling around, similar to the necromancer's staff but without the bat wings.
- In the picture I post above, she is naked and crownless. Please please give her a piece of armor, a metal-bra would be fine too. Please also give her a circlet with some sort of snake coiling around, together with some simple arm bands, one on each arm.
- I would like the statue to be made of light-grey (not too picky about color, so any kind of white-ish grey is okay really) stone.
- For Birth animation, I would like to go with the water rising into the statue route, without the brown ring in the NagaBirth.mdl. When it is destroyed, please turn it into water and fall to the ground, or just explode and splash around. If possible, I would like a Work animation where the statue's eyes or staff (if there would be a staff) to shine, the way that altar of the Depths lights its sphere.
- If the model turns out great or even better, I would make it a Naga building and think of a function for it (and hence the need for the Work animation).
- Any help would be appreciated. If you guys think I should start a new thread and delete this one (how I would do that, I do not know yet), I will do so.