• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Awesomeball Cup 1.19 (July 2021)

The Awesomeball Cup - 10 years later (July 2021)
made by DEFACKTwalker aka Mario

Map Description:

This is a soccer-like map. It's aimed to make you laugth and have fun with your friends and other people on Battle.net.
Different modes are available. You also can choose your own hotkeys for abilities ingame.

Features:
- This map supports AI.
- This map has a multiboard as well as a scoreboard at the end.
- Your Awesomeball Player has the ability to slow your enemies and to blink, both with a high cooldown.
- The Awesomeball will bounce on walls.
- Your team has to get a certain number of points to win the Awesomeball Cup 2011.
- Player 1 (red) can choose the amount of points required to win the game. He also can choose between 3 modes.
- Speed and Spell Protection runes will spawn every 45 seconds.
- You can choose your own hotkeys at start.

Extreme:
- Makes all Awesome Players way faster, even faster than the Awesomeball
Portals:
- Activates portals on every edge of the field which will teleport the Awesomeball to the opposite egde. Maximum fun!

Player red:
-kick [player color] ***Kicks an annoying player out of the game***
Every player:
-c ***Clears your screen of text messages***
- zoom [number between 1000 and 2500]
- name [new name]

How to play:
Just very simple. Your Awesomeball Player has to walk into the Awesome Ball to hit it. Once you've hit it, it will move on till any team gets a goal.

What's important to know?
- The shooting angle of the Awesomeball is equal to the facing angle of your Awesomeball Player.

v1.19:
- Reworked for Reforged
v1.18:
- Fixed and removed everything that caused bugs
v1.17a:
- Removed the bug that the zoom of players 2-12 was 0 at start
v1.17:
- Deleted laggs by creating a new terrain
- You can zoom between 1000 and 2500 now
- New icons to fit the terrain
v1.16:
- Loading screen (thanks to TDA)
- New chat commands
- New terrain and new icons
v1.15/v1.15a:
- Added EP and gold system
- Added shops
- Added a new ability which will be learned if your Awesomeball player reaches level 2
- Abilities now need mana
- Edited the Arrow ability. The cursor now represent the AOE
- Added new icons
v1.14:
- Added a new mode: Arrows - Check it out! :p
v1.13:
- Fixed the scoreboard
- Edited the ending cinematic
v1.12:
- Added an (stupid but working) AI
- Finished interface editing and added About as replacement of Quests
- Made everything a bit smaller and units slower to make Extreme mode work better
v1.11:
- Replaced the buggy Slide mode with the well-working and very awesome Portal mode - Check it out!
- Edited the terrain once again to make it look more awesome
- Started to edit the Interface
- Minor scoreboard edit
v1.10b:
- Added the scoreboard
- Added credits ingame
v1.10:
- Added chat commands. Player red now can kick players by typing -kick [player color]
- With the chat command -c the screen of text messages can be cleaned
- Added some integers for the following scoreboard in v1.10b and the scoreboard background with a little cinematic
- The triggers now won't kick you out of the game when it's finished, so you'll able to talk to others in the end
- Made the yellow terrain a bit darker - now it isn't too bright anymore ;-)

General Frank:
- Awesomeball model and icon
Thrikodius:
- Fouling effect

- Feel free to edit this map -

Please rate and comment! :D

Greets,
Mario

Keywords:
Awesome, Avatar, Fun, Lol, Rofl, Football, Soccer, Goal, Arena, Mini-game, mini game, mini, game
Contents

Awesomeball Cup 1.19 (July 2021) (Map)

Reviews
09:34, 17th Mar 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Approved
Because people told me the map laggs, i changed the whole terrain. And i put some hours of work in it, but, as you can see, some of the "rooms" of the "house" are still empty :D
So you can be sure that i'll make a new, finished, final version soon.
After that I'll stop working on this map!

Thanks for your suggestions everyone!
If you have any ideas, which you think that should be included to this map, tell me please =)

Greets,
Mario

-----
I've removed a bug in v1.17a

Last edited:

TDA

TDA

Level 4
BUG:
This has never happend to me, but I've gotten more then one complaint that some guys didn't get the "Arrow" ability

I allways hosted, and maby that's why It didn't happen to me.

Dude leaving this map so early? there are tons of emprovements you can make, more game modes, ETC.

I love the new field, exept for you can't realy tell when it ends, maby if you could add something other then empty ground arownd the stadiom, it would be ok. (Just make sure you don't make lag) EDIT: After I started playing that didn't matter. anymore so it's not a real issue unles you want it to be.

Can you include camera comands in the final version? I would use them!

I don't like the new ability icons! It's like there all the same!
The ability Icons have to pop! they have to make you wan't to read them, and make you understand that they are important.

But when there all alike, all the same color it looks as if someone diped mud allover them cause they didn't matter, and they no longer do!

There shouldent be 2 icons of the same colour unless they do the same thing, and even then I don't sugest making them look the same.

Blink has to be blue, foul has to be red, arrow has to be neutral, Extrime purple and Ignition red because it is the only other offensive move.

Bring V 16 Icons back pls.

Ablilities

you may want to make Fowl more relieble. If you do, I sugest you make it an aoe with 150 size, wich starts a trigger that will make a dummy cast the original foul on 1 random enemy unit inside unit group, units inside region centered at target point of ability being cast with size 150

This will make it better to use, allso if you could use if then else multiple function to make the ability pick the one enemy inside the area of effect, who is closer to the awesome ball, and not the one who is furdest, it will make it twice as good

Ignition dosent worck very well
I think it would have a much better use if it did what the name sais it dose "egnition" with an explosion that knokes all players, friend or foe away from you,

using something like these two models togahther for the special effect

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...prev=search=new%20air%20explosion&d=list&r=20

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...on_jovi-190160/?prev=search=round&d=list&r=20

do you wan't me to send you a loading screen for the final Version

I noteced I made a misstake in the old loading screen, wich made it burry

I can fix that by increasing the save Quality and decreasing from 1200 800 to 800/600

This may even make the loading screen have a smaller file size.

But personaly I like the one in 17 anyway :))

Can you turn the money lumber and food gauges into into a score board? Player red points Player blue points, total noumber of points needed.

Last edited:
Oh men... you're right, the changes should be made. But i wanted to stop this project because i don't think it'll be popular for a long time.
I have the opportunity to fix everything and i really could make this map perfect, but wouldn't it be senseless, if noone will play it?

The bug...i know it. I thought about it. It's because if you click a dialog button, it wil be immediately triggered that you get abilities Or you get no abilities, if the host is not fast enough in voting for the modes :D

Tomorrow i have my last exam for my a'level tomorrow... i'll have much time the next months, so i may fix everything. And won't upload the map until you have tested it, TDA :D

You reduced the lag significantly, but it still lags more than any other map.
Changed the rating to 4/5

You have lags? I really don't have... The doodads i used shouldn't cause lags! Does anyone else have lags?
But thanks for your voting, 4/5 is way too much for a bugged map like this xD

TDA

TDA

Level 4
Well I wish you good luck on your exam, and in the map editing that comes after.

It may not be popular for over half a year, but that half a year hasent begun yet.

I'm still the only one on garena hosting this game.
So don't think the clock is ticking, because it's not realy, and never will, unless you do what you set out to.
and to make the game popular for longer, you could use the same interface to create more then just a football game, but any other kind of "Pinball" "Dogeball" and even "Snooker" or "Biliard" kind of games.

And all in just one map!

The map is much bigger than the Football field, you can have a separate field for each one of these games maby.
And they don't need to be Rectangle. They can be circles and triangles and anything you want.

If you wan't sugestions on what the game modes i listed above should be like, I'm willing to get in on it and give you all of my Ideeas.

OKAY! :D
Now...
Here's the new version. I removed some abilities and modes. First i wanted to create a very simple game, and i think it has to be simple.
Well, i don't know if i put all your ideas in the map so far, so please tell me if you think something need to be changed or added or removed.

Thank you all for your suggestions. Sorry that i didn't upgrade the map for a long time.

I didn't upgrade the map discription yet but the changelog. I am too lazy, sorry :D

Level 23
I think it sucks that you shoot ball in your facing position rather than bouncing off you, rly isnt that hard to implement.
Other than that its a very bad type of a football/whatever map, but I think its willed to be crappy and just lulzy coz of awesome ball/icons whatever.
Also Teamplay is bearly existent. Not that you had to teamplay, because if all just run after ball and port/debuff every1 you still can goal.

I know hive guys cant stand criticism, but srsly, this map is just a one-time-played map because of textures.

I think it sucks that you shoot ball in your facing position rather than bouncing off you, rly isnt that hard to implement.
Other than that its a very bad type of a football/whatever map, but I think its willed to be crappy and just lulzy coz of awesome ball/icons whatever.
Also Teamplay is bearly existent. Not that you had to teamplay, because if all just run after ball and port/debuff every1 you still can goal.

I know hive guys cant stand criticism, but srsly, this map is just a one-time-played map because of textures.

thanks for your useful review

Level 23
thanks for your useful review

Do:
-balls bounce of players correctly
-funny modes like 3 balls/big ball splits into 5 smaller ones etc.
-Let heros learn spells, so that you can tactic at least a bit
-Give the ability to somehow shoot the ball so a goalie is more needed
-let the ball roll
-Add Modes like friction to ball, ball dmgs players if too fast etc.
-Different arenas

Either that or make it even more fast paced, funnier, smaller and minigame-like

Level 9
you should add random terrain that the host should pick...and more game modes would be fun, and make it still fun after some goals (though i didnt get bored).oh yeah make the AI much better,following the ball wouldn't be too,awesome.however, do all of these and this is uber awesome!!!

Sorry for double posting but I'm currently working on a complete new version with much better triggers.

There're also 3 different kind of playing fields to choose from so far: Classic, Ludo and Chess. I'll add Portals on edges so far to keep some stuff from the original Awesomeball Cup!

If I can finish my work (and it seems like I can), the map will be more awesome than ever before! :D

Screenshots:

23PzwgV.jpg

XyPkjhV.jpg

8TVmTHS.jpg

Greets