• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I downloaded the villager with many animations and used it to a archer. I put the bow and the quiver but what ability I can use to show the arrow.

Level 5
Ermm... I think you want him to hold a bow and arrow right??

Create an ability based on "Item Capture the Flag" or any orb ("Item attack [orb name] bonus", then change it to an item ability.
Under "Art-Target", choose your bow model file
Under "Art-Target Attachement 1", choose "hand,left" or "hand,right", or "weapon"

For the quiver, you might have to play around with where to set the attachment ("Overhead, chest");

If you meant (sorry, i'm not exactly sure what you were asking) that you wanted an arrow to shoot out, then base your ability off of an orb, and under "Art-Missle Art", choose an arrow model file.

Then, either attach this ability to an item (for instance, the item you pick up for this), or give the unit that needs it (archer) the ability. Since it is an item ability, it shouldnt show up.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I downloaded the villager with many animations and used it to a archer. I put the bow and the quiver but what ability I can use to show the arrow.

for bow animations just add Lumber in the object editor option called Art - Required Animation Names...

show the arrow where? if its on his hand I dont think you can...

Level 2
No, I know how put the bow and the quiver but is too much strange the arrow appear only when unit fires because this I asked if have any way to put the arrow in the hand of this villager and make it dissapear when the unit shoot.

Level 5
No, I know how put the bow and the quiver but is too much strange the arrow appear only when unit fires because this I asked if have any way to put the arrow in the hand of this villager and make it dissapear when the unit shoot.

Ohhh... Now you say.

And no, doing that is terribly difficult (if he's holding the arrow). You'd need a whole new model on its own, with an attack animation specialized to do that. My suggestion is to just make the ability based off of an orb, and make the art attachement the bow on his hand, and the arrow as the missle art.

Does it really have to be that precise?

You could try to trigger add an animation of him notching an arrow:

• Event - Unit is attacked
  • Condition - Attacking unit is (archer)
  • Actions:
  • Special effect - Create arrow attached to attacking unit at left hand
  • Set last created special effect = arrow
  • Wait - 0.1 seconds?
  • Special effect - destroy (arrow)

That way, you could show him notching an arrow, right before he fires it. Just fix the wait time and his attack swing time to make it perfect.

Last edited:
Ohhh... Now you say.

And no, doing that is terribly difficult (if he's holding the arrow). You'd need a whole new model on its own, with an attack animation specialized to do that. My suggestion is to just make the ability based off of an orb, and make the art attachement the bow on his hand, and the arrow as the missle art.

Does it really have to be that precise?

You could try to trigger add an animation of him notching an arrow:

• Event - Unit is attacked
  • Condition - Attacking unit is (archer)
  • Actions:
  • Special effect - Create arrow attached to attacking unit at left hand
  • Set last created special effect = arrow
  • Wait - 0.1 seconds?
  • Special effect - destroy (arrow)

That way, you could show him notching an arrow, right before he fires it. Just fix the wait time and his attack swing time to make it perfect.

it could cause errors because of the wait and also waits are inaccurate...

Level 2
Thanks for help VentriDeus but this trigger dont work because the arrow stand dont "lie" and stand up in the hand of the archer. I stop of it, I want only a decent human archer that no yell how a night elf archer or die with purple blood.

Status
Not open for further replies.