• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attachment Models from Blender to WC3WE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi

I am planning to add several own items, that will use custom models, to a project of mine.
Those items are meant to be equipment parts for heroes/units (attachments).

Alright,
I want to use Blender for creating the item-models, because i have used it for a time now.
I change the hero/unit models with "War3ModelEditor", so they dont have their old weapons and shields or other tools, and cleared attachment points for me to use.

Example: We have the standard footman model, without his sword an shield.
Now he picks up the items "Onehanded Axe, left hand" and "Mining Pick, right hand". The footman fights now with the standard Bandit Axe while carrying a peasants mining pick.
This is what i have already accomplished. Now i could use an other axe or a buckler. (Or maybe an "EPICBURNINGGIANTKILLERSWORDOFHELL". Own more or less unique item appearances)

My Problem is: I can not export my models from Blender into an adequate filetype.

Is my only option getting 3DSMAX or is there a way to convert simple models (mesh + Textures) from .blend or anything blender can export to, to .mdl/.mdx filetype?

Thanks in advance :wink:

Salutes

Last edited:
Level 3
Warblender is a very old project - the Python scripts used in the converters barely work because Blender modules changed a lot over time (mostly the bone-armature part). I've been looking everywhere for a .blend <-> .mdx, and nothing so far. You could try getting it via .blend -> .obj -> .mdx. I never tried it though. There's also the option of finding a .blend <-> .md3 converter somewhere on the web, then using the recent .md3 <-> .mdx converter tool in the Hiveworkshop Tools section.

Level 1
hello
yeah, exporting blender files to .3ds and then convert them to .mdx works.
But i think you can not convert the textures, not shure about that though.

salutes

Status
Not open for further replies.