• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attach Image to Ping Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Bumping!

Removing Minimap Boundary Lines
- Post #5

Ok, I found a very creative way of removing the rectangular and the lines from the mini-map. Basically I used the ping model, because ping model is always on top of the mini-map. So I edited ping model in the model editor, created trigger that runs when menu is enabled to ping the mini-map. Thus successfully hiding everything under the ping to black.

Also edited the upper interface to be black. As crappy the interface handling and editing in Warcraft 3 is, it's always nice to find limited workarounds.

Last edited:
Level 18
Well, either the model is too small or does not work as a ping model because I am failing to see it on the minimap.
I am sure that I imported it correctly as it works as a unit model, though the model is transparent to a degree.

@A Void Could you provide some input here regarding how you edited the ping model or attach your edited model?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.