• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AtD Points contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
attachment.php

Hey guys, I figure it's about time to do something fun around here. Here is the deal: the first person to gain 500 points from today onward will be awarded 500 bonus AtD points in an updated code.

Basically, take a screenshot of your current amount of points and post it here. Then once you have gained 500 points, post another screenshot here to prove it. You have the next few weeks to do this.

1st to finish: 500 bonus AtD Points added to your code. Winner: Naro

2nd to finish: 350 bonus AtD Points added to your code. Winner: Herian

3rd to finish: 250 bonus AtD Points added to your code.

Attachments

• PointsContest.jpg
    PointsContest.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 975
Last edited:
Level 3
Oh,Mr Dark,I have 0 point now and I participated in this activity.Then I gained 500 points in 10 minutes or even less.What would you do next?Do you believe it?

Add a special code for this then.If someone wants to participate in,give him/her the special code and then that person uses this new code.When there's 500 points,put a screenshot or give a PM to you concluding the code then.
Besides,add this to the in-game hint and tell them how to gain points faster.

One more thing,make the points more useful then,not "VISUAL ONLY".Make the collection of the points worth it.You could refer to NotD then and see how its points work.Old players are very important if your map is to proceed.

Level 18
Oh of course it checks names. No one else will be able to use your code. It actually has 2 pretty good security features in that tiny code. I had to sacrifice maximum security for optimal code length, but I don't think anyone will complain since 8 characters is much easier to copy than 16 or 20. Anyway just to be safe I'll message it to you instead. We don't anyone figuring out my method ;)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
We don't anyone figuring out my method ;)
There are any methods to figure out?

Took me 10 minutes to get the code 11112uSE. Still need to test if it works though but you should get the idea just by glancing at it. For people other than Darknite who already knows, that code is worth 78 points.

Also why are the codes player name case sensitive? Remember you can change your account case at the login screen without making a new account.

I would advise killing off 1 name character and replacing it with a randomly generated encryption character. This would prevent people from manually modifying codes. Additionally you should combine the name protection with the checksum system giving 2 characters which protect the code for name and contense which are near impossible to predict (the new patch natives for string hashes and such allow you to do this easilly). Finally perform base conversion on the actual number to up it from the usual decimal system you are using to a base 64 system, this would cut the code length by atleast 1 character (or allow more range) and make it harder to guess.

Last edited:
Level 18
ooooobSE wont work for you hah. But I'm sure if you had enough time you could figure it out. The current code has two characters devoted to name security (and though the code is case sensitive, your name can be all upper case or lower case and that wont matter), is scrambled out of order, does not save the real numbers of the code, and has a security character based on the amount of points saved in the code. It's fairly secure, but like I said if you save/loaded and copied all your codes about 20 times you'd probably figure it out.

I'm not too worried about that though, the code only saves your AtD points... not heroes/levels/items/etc.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Sorry about that, lacked the facilities to test it. After testing I managed to get one that worked (over estimated some parameters).

You could still probably shrink it by 1-2 characters shorter while keeping the exact functionality by encoding it into base 64 or something.

Level 4
( I assume it's on name? or what..)

Go on guys! Still 2 more places to finish at, play AtD!!

uh,had about 1 k points back in the day,loaded them when playing with dark nite so he can prove it(mb he forgot),but then reformatted and lost codes,
i wanted to start again but -save code working only once is lame and cost me 4 of my 80 points /game so i cba to collect again

Level 4
wuffle_devil, i think wuffle_legend in bnet but i play in garena now ,so Wuffle_devil

Level 14
Okay! Will get it!

Also, since you said 2.95 in May, you should fix the bugs spotted by us (players) cause some of them are just.. Epic >.<

EDIT: 65 points in one game! Making it, 363 ><

Last edited:
Level 14
I always play the same mode : Normal - Choose heroes.
(NOTE : EXCUSE ME IF I DO NOT WRITE "B"s, they do not work properly in my keyoard)The ug I detected :
First - We were in doom mode. We were 2. 1v1, yes. :p I was fighting the Death Knight, with a frozen archer. I had a deceiver with me ut he died. Anyways, when Doom came, I survived for few minutes (3) and then died. ut strange thing occurs : The Death Knight left after I (the only Death Hunter) got 0wned. Then, one more cinematic happened, and it added 15 more points for me. I have saved, though, efore the event.

Second - a 5 hunters game. 4 hunters died. The last was remaining, running around. He then left. BUT! Nothing happened : The Death Knight didn't win. NO hunter left, and NO death knight won.

Laggy Doom - After 6 minutes of Doom, I was Death Hunter, there ecame too much spiders, and the game ecame hyper laggy. Like, I could have escaped from them with invisiility (Frozen Archer), ut I saw nothing happening (screen locked) until I found myself dead, and Death Knight won. That's not fun! Lost 15 points. :mad:

Edit: Bah! 424 points :) Love your map, dude.

Last edited:
Level 14
No problem. I hope I'll see further improvements in 2.95.

EDIT: 500 Points! Yay!

Attachments

• Save2.PNG
    Save2.PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 196
Last edited:
Level 14
Hmm, okay. Nice :) And, can you tell if you're adding quests, and such? Or a kind of "to be determined" changelog? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.