• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ashenvale Holy War

This is an AoS style map where the key difference is that player controlled heroes are not the centerpiece of the fight. Instead, it is the spawned armies that are the force of reckoning. Heroes may feel underpowered, however that is intentional. The spawned armies are not just fodder like they are in Dota. Players are to support the armies as they march across the map with the goal of helping them defeat the defense "towers" stationed near the enemy base, and the final goal the enemy main building.

Heroes can choose and repick their abilities, so choose good combinations. Just remember some abilities are useless for some classes. I.e. ranged units don't get much use out of cleave, while strength-based melee units may not do well with lost of high mana-consuming abilities, as so forth.

This map was originally a map from my Alisia Dragoon campaign that I extracted and converted it with a new theme into a stand-alone map.

-3 lane battlefield
-Heroes can pick their own abilities and repick as needed
-Max hero level of 20
-Focuses on support of strong rather then individual hero combat
-Heroes revive after 45 seconds upon death
Contents

Ashenvale Holy War (Map)

Reviews
Wolverabid 7/10 This AoS map features plenty of close quarters combat.

M

Wolverabid
7/10
This AoS map features plenty of close quarters combat.

Level 22
A map extracted from my campaign, completely revamped for stand-alone play. Balance is the theme here, to prove it can be done in AoS maps. Heroes can chose their abilities, then repick them later if the player so desires. I play tested it very thoroughly, so there should not be any bugs. If any do pop up, post them here and I will fix them immediatly.

I know the file size is too big for practical b.net play, but I play on lan more then b.net, anyway...
-VGsatomi

Level 9
Im trying to spread this map, but dam it takes the average dler 7 or 8 minutes to dl this >.>. Well anything u can do to make the map smaler would be great. Still waiting to play, hoping its worth the dl time :).

Level 9
Ok here are some issues:
1 level of ability!? at least make it 3 (1,10,20)

if u leave lanes alone, units will gradualy push there way back and foruth, sometimes gathering a force large enough to destroy the towers.

Towers cant see invisible units...

There is nothing guarding the command tent, u can go invisible, walk up to it, buy from the enemy unit merchant, boom...

Last but not least, 3 heros? agility, str, int. no other heros... you should make 9 or so for each side, so u dont get 2 of the same unit every game.

Level 22
k, I will make the towers see invisibles, and put an additional tower near the back to deter flyer rushes, hidden heroes, ect.

The 1 ability level per ability can't be changed, given how the system works. Because as it stands, buying multiple of the same ability doesnt raise its level. The "give ability" trigger only give its level 1 counterpart top heroes. I figured more abilities would compensate for that. Good combinations is the key.

But during my play testing, very rarely did the normal units bust a tower without hero/merc support. Its been pretty stable.

Will update in a few mins. thanks a lot for the feedback/support.

Edit: k, done. also added improved masonry to the command tents, so they can take a bit more of a beating now.
-VGsatomi

Level 3
dang i played wit dis map and dang man i didnt even get to play becouse ppl dl the map so slow its like 1% (2 hrs later) 2% (3 hrs later) 3%... dude u need to do something to that.. take some music out... take some skins out or something but overall i give a 2 outta 5 for a hot archer chick as the pic. :shock:

Level 3
lol... dude.. i have cable also i tryed to host the map multiple times. now i may check again to see if it somehow clears up. i play alotta maps to know when it has a slow dl or not. im srry ur offended but if its a map with a slow dl... no ones gonna play it... i cant even play it becouse its dl is slow. id like to play it. really. i mean im always looking for a good map. now if i mis voted wrong im srry. if i could re vote for a correct rating (if the map seams to not have a slow dl wich is hardly unlikeley) i would. if you want to why dont you make a new version and resubit the map... give it some updates and make a newer version. but im pretty sure its dl is super duper slow... i host all the time ALL THE TIME... and i know when i see a lagger in the room it slows the dl down but when they are all gone and some more ppl come in.. one of em is bound to have a good connection. i just about NEVER EVER JOIN GAMES unless i host... so i know how to host and i know what lag is... and i ant no noob. (2 thumbs up) srry if u are dissapointed... sometimes i miss vote inaccurately when i test multiple maps a day.. and if i was in ur shows id say the same thing u did

Level 3
well i tested it out 2 seperate times and it still is supa dupa slow dl dude. you need to look at any skins you have that are over size and remove some. any music that you have taking up too much space, you may wanna remove. good luck on the future updates.

Level 22
Updated:
-All hero ability strengths increased (to reflect lvl 2 abilities instead of 1). So 7 lvl 2 abilities should enouph to keep heroes at proper strength against other high lvl heroes.
-Increased def of towers to compensate for increase in hero ability strength.
-Reduced cost of ability replacing.
-Turned bounty on for ALL players.
-File size further reduced. It will not be going any lower then this, however.

-VGsatomi

NOTE: it doesnt matter what YOUR connection is. You can only transfer data as fast as the slowest downloader. If you have cable, and the person you are transfering to has 56k....guess what, you're transfering at 56k, buddy!