1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

Submitted by ArneXis
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

Raid Bosses.
[​IMG][​IMG]

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Item Shops.

[​IMG]
[​IMG]

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.
What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
Act 1.

Interlude 1.

Act 2.

Interlude 2.

Act 3.

Act 4.

Interlude 3.

Act 5.

Act 6.

Iterlude.

SCREENSHOTS.
OPEN.
Exploring an abandoned monastery.
[​IMG]

Taking down a quest boss with the fallen.
[​IMG]

Demons fightning demons.
[​IMG]

Ambush within the monastery.
[​IMG]

A pact quest found.
[​IMG]

An achievement is completed.
[​IMG]

Battle with the dead.
[​IMG]

Within the spider nest.
[​IMG]

Evil consorting.
[​IMG]

Fighting a Boss.
[​IMG]

Fighting in an arena.
[​IMG]

Searching for something in the sewers.
[​IMG]

Battle with the demons.
[​IMG]

The spider nest.
[​IMG]

The Arctic.
[​IMG]

Abandoned mine.
[​IMG]

Achievements.
Achievements
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.

[​IMG]

Hero Style
Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items
Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
The Demons
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

[​IMG]

The Fallen
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

[​IMG]

COMMAND LIST
Command List
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

1. yoloswag

yoloswag

Resources:
    Resources:
    First of all, I know it's been said many times before, but this is a very great campaign. Very creative.

I have a couple of questions for you Arnexis.

--Did you create this fantasy world of the canids yourself? Or if not, what is the name of the author/creator(s)?

--What is the probability that the campaign+story will be finished? If so, rough estimate of when? I want to know the rest of the story. Be honest.

--
    I downloaded the version from hive a few months ago, but I didn't get the epilogue at sea after mission six. I also had no voicing in cinematics. Did I do something wrong? Is there a newer version?

Have a nice vacation and peace.

2. YetAnotherYoutuber

YetAnotherYoutuber

Video Producer

Resources:
    Resources:
    there is no voicing in the cinematics
    the linked cinematic was voiced by me

3. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Hi, glad you like it.
    To answer your questions, yes, the Canids were made up by me. I thought since i'm making everything custom might as well have the races custom. Having everything custom made also makes it easy to avoid clashing with the warcraft 3 lore (Omg Jaina would nerer say that/do that etc..), since this world doesn't exist in that universe.

I've stopped estimating the finishing date, but i'm still working on it, You can see some of the new chapter screenshots a few pages back.

And for the third question. well YetAnotherYoutuber answered it. It's a lets play made and voiced by him. The last cinematic also plays when you hit escape at the end game scoreboard.

4. yoloswag

yoloswag

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent Arn. Thanks for the quick reply. Let us know if you have a donation page or Patreon, etc. I would definitely throw in a few dollars if that would help you with your progress. Also I can help with proofreading/editing of dialogue or testing.

5. far336

far336

Resources:
    Resources:
    [​IMG] Hello, very creative campaign, it must've taken a lot of time to come up with over 100 unique items and units. My favorite items so far are the Staff of redemption, Occultist sisterhoods head, staff of dispersion and my favorite unit is Energy Phoenix. I'm currently playing on hard, and I'm on Chapter 4. Nothing seems to be too difficult at the moment. I'm not using any cheats (Except for using iseedeadpeople at the end of the chapter to see if I missed anything).
    I was also able to farm rune coins in chapter 1 from killing the spawns of verput nest. The little thing that spawns from it gives 1 rune coin each. I made about 50 verput nests by killing my own workers in the island where the raid boss is, and placed towers surrounding the nests, just in range of killing the little spawns. Went afk for about 2 hours and had over 8k rune coins haha.
    About the Ichor seeds, the chances of getting the highest level Ichor seed is very low, so what I did was I would save whenever I successfully upgraded it, and load when it failed. Managed to get about 50 stats worth of tomes this way. I'll upload my end stats when I finish the campaign.

Some ideas for an improvement:

-Item passive ability explanations. Some items have passive abilities (in green text), for example, the item called 'Ethereal Ghost Axe' has the passive ability called 'Dark Energy Bolt'. Maybe give a brief description of what the passive abilities do? Most of them I was able to understand when they triggered during combat, but the other ones weren't as obvious.
    -Ability to skip cut scenes. For example, when having to restart a mission multiple times, I end up watching the same cut scene, which wastes time.
    -Showing the full effects of pacts. For example, in mission 1, there is a pact that effects matrons, but we don't get matrons until mission 2, so the consequence of choosing a pact is not fully shown in the current mission. A possible solution would be to enable the ability to change your previous pact choice in any mission, with a 5-10 minute cooldown.

Possible bugs found:
    -Bloodforged Burgonet item says it has an aura that gives 4 armor to nearby units. I tested it, and instead, it gives an an aura called the 'Stalwart battleshield', which gives a 15% attack damage increase (Tested in chapter 2)
    -Windfury Earring will not use up an enchanting manual to get past +1. Right clicking Windfury Earring then left clicking the enchanting manual will just swap their places in inventory. (Tested in chapter 3)
    -Veil slasher recipe is acquired in Chapter 3, and it requires the Emerald sword and Spineripper dagger. The Spineripper dagger was nowhere to be found in Chapter 3.
    -The Junction Pedestal always has its items out of stock (Chapter 2 to 4)

Keep up the great work!

Edit: Completed the campaign up to Chapter 6, scoreboard is attached. Most difficult mission was chapter 5, which was a 7/10 difficulty in my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  6. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Sure thing, I'll contact you if I need some help ;). Yeah, I've been asked a few times about Patreon, guess I'll have to set it up.

Omg haha, well that was definitely not intended, I'll fix that.

Yeah, I knew that this could be a possible way to upgrade it, but my thinking was that this also exists in other games. (Like hacking in fallout etc). Also even the highest upgraded Ichor Seed has a chance of failing. It comes to the players commitment really.

Some ideas for an improvement:
    If you type in the Command that's displayed in green(-ideb and etc.) it gives a brief description of the ability.

I'm to far along in the creation to rig the cut scenes to be skip-able, re-triggering would consume a tremendous amount of time. Saving right after the beginning cinematic could help.

Changing the pacts multiple times is not really something I want to have, I'd like for them to be permanent, it makes the player decisions more impactful. You're right about the consequences though.

yep, a bug, will be fixed in the next update.

also a bug.

The Spineripper dagger drops from the Soul Corrupter, you probabbly missed it on the ground.
    It just shows the item when it's combined and what you need for the combination.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the Campaign. Cheers ;)

7. yoloswag

yoloswag

Resources:
    Resources:
    Arnexis, are you going to continue development on this mod? I would like to offer my full support if that is the case. I would welcome further development both for the original warcraft III and also for the remastered version, should you choose to modify the mod for that program. I am sure others will support this as well. However I do not expect you to do this and would encourage support for the original game as it has always been. Thank you for letting us know what you plan to do.

Alex

8. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hey Alex, as I understand all Warcraft 3 mods will be playable on Reforged. I'll keep working on the normal warcraft 3 mod and take a look at reforged when it's out. Maybe i'll update the terrain, I can't say just now.

9. AkumetsuNew

AkumetsuNew

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hey, can't find Soul Dust anywhere in ch3, spent an hour or more looking for it (it's shown me 2:53 for whole level) managed to find well-hidden Mail of Charm Master, but not this. In the end I thought, maybe it drops from that giant bug, didnt want to kill him before because bad feeling (turned out to be right in the end), thanks god I saved less than an hour ago last time. Also what's the point of two breakable houses in top-right corner of the base.

P.S. the campaign is amazing by the way, hope you update it soon

P.P.S it's also very strange that ch3 ends when killing boss, cause it's only natural for bosses to drop bunch of cool items, so it feels kinda out of the place

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  10. Praznik

Praznik

Resources:
    Resources:
    WC3ScrnShot_122118_015709_01.jpg [​IMG]

Unbelievable campaign. Minor problems which are not important, but great amount of fun. You should go pro.
    I wish I can offer you my services, but the best I can do is spell check and text writing.

11. Raydin

Raydin

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just wanted to say how grateful I am to the author of this campaign, ascention along with the dwarf campaign and wanderers of Sorceria have been the best warcraft campaigns I've ever played. Authors such as yourself are awesome for making such masterpieces.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  12. MoheadageXVIII

MoheadageXVIII

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi , to say in general this campaign need a lot of work and the recent one is nice hard effort but we need to fix some of this :
    First : you need to make the plot work much more and we need to make the first cinematics of campaigns when we start the missions able to be skipped as it pains to restart the campaign if we have to wait long for it .
    Second : we need to have new space item system and much more advanced one for example like on original warcraft III at the bounce campaign that talk about orcs there was a chest that we can restore on it the items much better and much more efficient as you can great two or more plus our current one so that we can have right amount of space and move it to next chapters as from what i learn from your camp every trash item or good one can be used in the next chapters by that we are much more free space and not to worry about losing something can be combined to have much more powerful item .
    Third : i liked the point of your campaign that you made heroes unable to get more powerful from stats so that you force us to get items and choose from them much more but you need to give a powerful attack damage by lvl ups so it can be balanced with people who are not smart enough for the campaign even i was too puzzled in choosing items so please fox it to be balanced or back to the system which our damage and everything work by stats and items not only items to be powerful .
    fourth : i loved your idea of making new systems that i really swear i felt like this should be the evolution that we waited for for warcraft III or this should be the system of warcraft for IV as this is much more advanced the designs and stuff are far great not to mention that we used crystals instead of wood and also by stuff and trade with wood and gold and that made resources much more variable to keep and be much more wise in use .
    fifth : story need to be much more worked 6 missions/chapters are not enough at all it can be much more far great that we can compare it to some legends like arkain if you worked much more harder .
    sixth : you need to make boss raids much more harder i didn't need army except for the first and third missions only as hey were much more hard than the rest you need to keep in your mind that our heroes grow much stronger per chapters and the items we find so it was good at the two but in rest it was easy catch .
    seventh : this is much more personal can you make the TNT used in the next missions as i really liked to use it . it is really unfair to not use it again if you don't have a multi damage skill so we can use this one much better .

now after all this in result i give this campaign 9,25/10 for this but i give it 10/10 for the new stuff you made and the enjoyment hope you finish it fast to play much more and make the an opening end so that if you want we can have a second part of this camp .
    Capture 1.JPG

also my version is 1.30 so i hope you make it work well as not many do it right with this version .

thank you for reading .

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  13. Prince Aerrus

Prince Aerrus

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love this project, this has got to be one of the most impressive wc3 campaigns I've played to date, keep up the amazing work @ArneXis

14. Ecstasy49

Ecstasy49

Resources:
    Resources:
    This campaign is amazing and so creative! I'm still waiting for its full version. I have one question though: Will there be any opportunity to play all the races? (such as Fallen, Demons, etc) I also wonder why "Zombies" race was removed. I loved playing that. Nevermind. Good luck with you!

Edit: Forgot to give one suggestion. Can you make some items combine into a singular, ultimate one? For example: Sacrificial urn, spineripper dagger (all bonus items related to Sarai) etc. Sometimes I get too many good items that I have a hard time choosing which one to dispose of.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  15. Winterwolf

Winterwolf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dwarven machine can't pass the conductor part????

16. UkyoKuonji

UkyoKuonji

Resources:
    Resources:
    Some spelling error on Sarai part (city of ghoul if i remember the chapter name) when gerrad is speaking. I really love this campaign a lot because of the item easy to make combo with it. I'm impress by the new units and the pact quest. The hero has its own voice. And the skills are great. OO yea on dwarf part should at make a signal of the location of the monster and and signal when you completed the quest or giving some hint about the rum on the barrel.

17. DarkKazoie

DarkKazoie

Resources:
    Resources:
    So far been an excellent campaign, I'm a big fan of the totally custom races.
    I'd like to second far336's mention about the pacts. It's not a major deal but I've had a hard time understanding some of the pacts when they change units/abilities I've not seen yet. I've yet to complete the campaign but I wanted to mention a problem with the Arcane Pact someone mentioned previously. Choosing the Arcane Pact removes the Abyss Cardinal's Soul Incursion spell and only leaves them with decay. And in the next mission Prophet's healing is also removed. Again not the most important of things and worst case scenario I'll just pick the other pact but I thought you might want to know.

Screenshots of the Problem

upload_2019-10-2_11-5-8.png

upload_2019-10-2_11-16-7.png

18. ArneXis

ArneXis

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources: