• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension Campaign 1.4A

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.
-----Ascension Campaign 1.4A -----

What sort of Campaign is this?

This is a Blizzard fashion Campaign.
Where you control custom heroes and custom races and engage in fights with computer controlled opponents.
Maps have dungeons, Dungeon Bosses and other cool stuff.

--------= Updated to version 1.4 =--------

A New version has been released! With it comes various changes and updates. The maps now have Raid Bosses, these powerful monsters can be encountered in many Acts, but some of them are harder to find than others. These Raid Bosses carry their own unique drops and combat strategies.

s812n1.png
s81K0I.png

Numerous shops have been added to all maps along with hundreds of new items, recipes and item combinations. The shops Now sell all Enchantable items so you can choose what item(s) you want to enchant from the beginning.

Shops.png

Shops2.png

All the changes are to numerous to list, you'll just have to play and see for yourself!

A better Hard Difficulty!
The veterans of this campaign might have it to easy now that they now their way around. The hard difficulty has been changed to provide a new challenge!

Other Changes:
- General Achievements have been removed, the reasoning for this being that they pushed the player to itemize and spec their hero in one way. Both Vareikos and Sarai can be build many different ways. From combat spellcasters, summoners or hardcore supports to rapid melee fighters, skill damage fighters or attack damage Fighters. I felt that the G.Achievements only supported one way.

- The heroes primary attribute no longer increases damage. Now all the heroes have their attack damage set to a certain amount. It still can be increased with items of course. The reasoning for this being that stat gain very quickly overpowered the heroes to certain points where they could take on whole squads of enemy units and defeat them with little difficulty.

FAQ'S/NEED TO KNOW THINGS:

1.How to start Quests/Interact with npc's?
- Heroes have 2 skills that let them Interact with various things. The normal Interact and Skip.
Using Interact will shows the cinematic and talk to npc's like normal where's the Skip will just skip all that and launch the quests instantly.

2.How do I swap my race?
- first off enter "-swapon" to turn in on, then enter the race you want to swap to.

What Is In The Maps.

CUSTOM SKILLS:
+All heroes and a lot of units have custom skilla, some of them increase their power by the heroes attributes and other factors.

CUSTOM ITEMS:
+All the items are custom, some of them have triggered effects.
+Some of the items can be enchanted, enchanting items increases there power and unlocks other (hidden) effects.
+Some items can be fused together to form stronger items.
+Item are bought with Rune Coins which are given for killing enemy heroes, units completing quests and can be found in hidden stashes. Rune Coins Travel with you from map to map.

CUSTOM UNITS:
Over 500 custom using imported models and skins.

CUSTOM RACES:
Tired of playing with the Canids? now you can easily swap your race by entering a simple command.

NEW STORY:
The story is not set within the Warcraft 3 universe.

Player Videos.
"Lets Play" by YetAnotherYoutuber a.k.a Flour.
SCREENSHOTS.
140517-albums1401-picture14830.bmp

map1pic02.png

map5pic1.png

map03pic01.png

map03pic02.png

map03pic03.png

map03pic05.png

map04pic04.png

cineh.png

140517-albums1401-picture32121.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture32119.jpg

140517-albums1401-picture14824.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture26839.bmp

140517-albums1401-picture31855.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37577.jpg

140517-albums3549-picture37579.jpg

Achievements.
Now when you play you can complete various achievements, each map has its own unique achievements as well as general achievements that can be completed in any map. When you finish the campaign a scoreboard will appear that will show your stats.
Show of what you achieved.
enddisplay.png

Hero Style

The heroes have skills that increase there power based on their stats, say on one hero Int increases the chance to land a successful blow.(Like Intelligence would be the chance(%) for Critical Strike) and say other skills increase the Damage Power, Heal Power, Restoration Power etc. And say there are Items have effects that Increase and Decrease AGI, STR and INT so you have to choose what items you have to carry with your hero, do you want it to be more like a healer or battle mage.
One of the heroes has a Magical Critical Rate, that if activated successfully will cause an extra effect.

Items

• All the items in the map are custom and have different sub-types.
  • There are items that decrease one attribute but increase the other more.
  • Items that have effects which I took from Diablo 2, Effects like "Attacker takes damage of 3" Which means every time your hero gets attacked it will inflict damage to the attacker.
  • Other Item effects to restore you when you cast a spell, get attacked, you attack.
  • Upgradeable Items are items that can enhanced twice for more power.
  • Enchantable Items are items that start of weak at +1 and can be Enchanted up to +10 with extra abilities being unlocked along the way.

CUSTOM PLAYABLE RACES(Can be activated only with "-swapon")
Units
Demon units avaible to the player

demonintronew.png
Units
Fallen units avaible to the player

fallenintronew.png

COMMAND LIST
These commands are not necessary, but will help you get around much more easily.

"-ac" - Will display Achievements that can be completed only in the current map.

"-eb" - Will display the Achievement Board.

"-nb" - Will display the Coin Board.(Appears by default)

"-swapon" - Turn race swaping on.

"-swapdemon" - Swaps your race to Demon.

"-swapfallen" - Swaps your race to Fallen.

----Credits-----
My thanks to these people:
Xaran Alamas, General Frank, olofmoleman, Max666, EvilShade, Mc !,
WyrWuulfe, HappyTauren, Tenebrae, Daelin, Crazyrussian, BlackDoom, Hueter,
-=Emergenzy=-, EdwardSwolenToe, ChevronSeven, Horn, frostwolf, WILLTHEALMIGHTY, Chriz, donut3.5 , apaka
Kuegukecku, Paladon, BlackDoom, Freezer, LoDown, Krysis, lllLSDlll, Xelthyr, Callahan, Dionesiist
, Horn, IamMclovin, SkriK, dickxunder, levigeorge1617, sc_freek, xXm0rpH3usXx, Nasrudin, iNfraNe, Chriz. Burning_Dragoon5
shamanyouranus, communist_orc, Buster, olofmoleman, dickxunder, Celestea , Raid1000, Cavman, nbah, ziggen, Ignorance, Mr. Goblin.

NOTE
wrote the names of those to credit in a notepad but a weird worm virus deleted all the text files on my pc. SO IF YOU SEE A MODEL OR ICON OF YOURS AND YOUR NAME IS NOT IN THE CREDITS PM ME.

Keywords:
Ascension , Campaign , Beta , Custom , Red , Rose .
Contents

Ascension Campaign 1.4A (Campaign)

Level 1
First of all, I know it's been said many times before, but this is a very great campaign. Very creative.

I have a couple of questions for you Arnexis.

--Did you create this fantasy world of the canids yourself? Or if not, what is the name of the author/creator(s)?

--What is the probability that the campaign+story will be finished? If so, rough estimate of when? I want to know the rest of the story. Be honest.

--
I downloaded the version from hive a few months ago, but I didn't get the epilogue at sea after mission six. I also had no voicing in cinematics. Did I do something wrong? Is there a newer version?

Have a nice vacation and peace.

Level 12
First of all, I know it's been said many times before, but this is a very great campaign. Very creative.

I have a couple of questions for you Arnexis.

--Did you create this fantasy world of the canids yourself? Or if not, what is the name of the author/creator(s)?

--What is the probability that the campaign+story will be finished? If so, rough estimate of when? I want to know the rest of the story. Be honest.

--
I downloaded the version from hive a few months ago, but I didn't get the epilogue at sea after mission six. I also had no voicing in cinematics. Did I do something wrong? Is there a newer version?

Have a nice vacation and peace.

Hi, glad you like it.
To answer your questions, yes, the Canids were made up by me. I thought since i'm making everything custom might as well have the races custom. Having everything custom made also makes it easy to avoid clashing with the warcraft 3 lore (Omg Jaina would nerer say that/do that etc..), since this world doesn't exist in that universe.

I've stopped estimating the finishing date, but i'm still working on it, You can see some of the new chapter screenshots a few pages back.

And for the third question. well YetAnotherYoutuber answered it. It's a lets play made and voiced by him. The last cinematic also plays when you hit escape at the end game scoreboard.

Level 1
Excellent Arn. Thanks for the quick reply. Let us know if you have a donation page or Patreon, etc. I would definitely throw in a few dollars if that would help you with your progress. Also I can help with proofreading/editing of dialogue or testing.

Level 2
39594012_250429895605810_9077773517398736896_n.png
Hello, very creative campaign, it must've taken a lot of time to come up with over 100 unique items and units. My favorite items so far are the Staff of redemption, Occultist sisterhoods head, staff of dispersion and my favorite unit is Energy Phoenix. I'm currently playing on hard, and I'm on Chapter 4. Nothing seems to be too difficult at the moment. I'm not using any cheats (Except for using iseedeadpeople at the end of the chapter to see if I missed anything).
I was also able to farm rune coins in chapter 1 from killing the spawns of verput nest. The little thing that spawns from it gives 1 rune coin each. I made about 50 verput nests by killing my own workers in the island where the raid boss is, and placed towers surrounding the nests, just in range of killing the little spawns. Went afk for about 2 hours and had over 8k rune coins haha.
About the Ichor seeds, the chances of getting the highest level Ichor seed is very low, so what I did was I would save whenever I successfully upgraded it, and load when it failed. Managed to get about 50 stats worth of tomes this way. I'll upload my end stats when I finish the campaign.

Some ideas for an improvement:

-Item passive ability explanations. Some items have passive abilities (in green text), for example, the item called 'Ethereal Ghost Axe' has the passive ability called 'Dark Energy Bolt'. Maybe give a brief description of what the passive abilities do? Most of them I was able to understand when they triggered during combat, but the other ones weren't as obvious.
-Ability to skip cut scenes. For example, when having to restart a mission multiple times, I end up watching the same cut scene, which wastes time.
-Showing the full effects of pacts. For example, in mission 1, there is a pact that effects matrons, but we don't get matrons until mission 2, so the consequence of choosing a pact is not fully shown in the current mission. A possible solution would be to enable the ability to change your previous pact choice in any mission, with a 5-10 minute cooldown.

Possible bugs found:
-Bloodforged Burgonet item says it has an aura that gives 4 armor to nearby units. I tested it, and instead, it gives an an aura called the 'Stalwart battleshield', which gives a 15% attack damage increase (Tested in chapter 2)
-Windfury Earring will not use up an enchanting manual to get past +1. Right clicking Windfury Earring then left clicking the enchanting manual will just swap their places in inventory. (Tested in chapter 3)
-Veil slasher recipe is acquired in Chapter 3, and it requires the Emerald sword and Spineripper dagger. The Spineripper dagger was nowhere to be found in Chapter 3.
-The Junction Pedestal always has its items out of stock (Chapter 2 to 4)

Keep up the great work!

Edit: Completed the campaign up to Chapter 6, scoreboard is attached. Most difficult mission was chapter 5, which was a 7/10 difficulty in my opinion.

Last edited:
Level 12
Excellent Arn. Thanks for the quick reply. Let us know if you have a donation page or Patreon, etc. I would definitely throw in a few dollars if that would help you with your progress. Also I can help with proofreading/editing of dialogue or testing.
Sure thing, I'll contact you if I need some help ;). Yeah, I've been asked a few times about Patreon, guess I'll have to set it up.

I was also able to farm rune coins in chapter 1 from killing the spawns of verput nest. The little thing that spawns from it gives 1 rune coin each. I made about 50 verput nests by killing my own workers in the island where the raid boss is, and placed towers surrounding the nests, just in range of killing the little spawns. Went afk for about 2 hours and had over 8k rune coins haha.

Omg haha, well that was definitely not intended, I'll fix that.

About the Ichor seeds, the chances of getting the highest level Ichor seed is very low, so what I did was I would save whenever I successfully upgraded it, and load when it failed. Managed to get about 50 stats worth of tomes this way. I'll upload my end stats when I finish the campaign.

Yeah, I knew that this could be a possible way to upgrade it, but my thinking was that this also exists in other games. (Like hacking in fallout etc). Also even the highest upgraded Ichor Seed has a chance of failing. It comes to the players commitment really.

Some ideas for an improvement:
-Item passive ability explanations. Some items have passive abilities (in green text), for example, the item called 'Ethereal Ghost Axe' has the passive ability called 'Dark Energy Bolt'. Maybe give a brief description of what the passive abilities do? Most of them I was able to understand when they triggered during combat, but the other ones weren't as obvious.

If you type in the Command that's displayed in green(-ideb and etc.) it gives a brief description of the ability.

-Ability to skip cut scenes. For example, when having to restart a mission multiple times, I end up watching the same cut scene, which wastes time.
I'm to far along in the creation to rig the cut scenes to be skip-able, re-triggering would consume a tremendous amount of time. Saving right after the beginning cinematic could help.

-Showing the full effects of pacts. For example, in mission 1, there is a pact that effects matrons, but we don't get matrons until mission 2, so the consequence of choosing a pact is not fully shown in the current mission. A possible solution would be to enable the ability to change your previous pact choice in any mission, with a 5-10 minute cooldown.

Changing the pacts multiple times is not really something I want to have, I'd like for them to be permanent, it makes the player decisions more impactful. You're right about the consequences though.

Possible bugs found:
-Bloodforged Burgonet item says it has an aura that gives 4 armor to nearby units. I tested it, and instead, it gives an an aura called the 'Stalwart battleshield', which gives a 15% attack damage increase (Tested in chapter 2)

yep, a bug, will be fixed in the next update.

-Windfury Earring will not use up an enchanting manual to get past +1. Right clicking Windfury Earring then left clicking the enchanting manual will just swap their places in inventory. (Tested in chapter 3)

also a bug.

-Veil slasher recipe is acquired in Chapter 3, and it requires the Emerald sword and Spineripper dagger. The Spineripper dagger was nowhere to be found in Chapter 3.

The Spineripper dagger drops from the Soul Corrupter, you probabbly missed it on the ground.
-The Junction Pedestal always has its items out of stock (Chapter 2 to 4)

It just shows the item when it's combined and what you need for the combination.

I'm glad you've enjoyed the Campaign. Cheers ;)

Level 1
Arnexis, are you going to continue development on this mod? I would like to offer my full support if that is the case. I would welcome further development both for the original warcraft III and also for the remastered version, should you choose to modify the mod for that program. I am sure others will support this as well. However I do not expect you to do this and would encourage support for the original game as it has always been. Thank you for letting us know what you plan to do.

Alex

Level 12
Arnexis, are you going to continue development on this mod? I would like to offer my full support if that is the case. I would welcome further development both for the original warcraft III and also for the remastered version, should you choose to modify the mod for that program. I am sure others will support this as well. However I do not expect you to do this and would encourage support for the original game as it has always been. Thank you for letting us know what you plan to do.

Alex

Hey Alex, as I understand all Warcraft 3 mods will be playable on Reforged. I'll keep working on the normal warcraft 3 mod and take a look at reforged when it's out. Maybe i'll update the terrain, I can't say just now.

Level 1
Hey, can't find Soul Dust anywhere in ch3, spent an hour or more looking for it (it's shown me 2:53 for whole level) managed to find well-hidden Mail of Charm Master, but not this. In the end I thought, maybe it drops from that giant bug, didnt want to kill him before because bad feeling (turned out to be right in the end), thanks god I saved less than an hour ago last time. Also what's the point of two breakable houses in top-right corner of the base.

P.S. the campaign is amazing by the way, hope you update it soon

P.P.S it's also very strange that ch3 ends when killing boss, cause it's only natural for bosses to drop bunch of cool items, so it feels kinda out of the place

Last edited:
Level 1
WC3ScrnShot_122118_015709_01.jpg
YhDT94qQ

Unbelievable campaign. Minor problems which are not important, but great amount of fun. You should go pro.
I wish I can offer you my services, but the best I can do is spell check and text writing.

Level 4
Just wanted to say how grateful I am to the author of this campaign, ascention along with the dwarf campaign and wanderers of Sorceria have been the best warcraft campaigns I've ever played. Authors such as yourself are awesome for making such masterpieces.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi , to say in general this campaign need a lot of work and the recent one is nice hard effort but we need to fix some of this :
First : you need to make the plot work much more and we need to make the first cinematics of campaigns when we start the missions able to be skipped as it pains to restart the campaign if we have to wait long for it .
Second : we need to have new space item system and much more advanced one for example like on original warcraft III at the bounce campaign that talk about orcs there was a chest that we can restore on it the items much better and much more efficient as you can great two or more plus our current one so that we can have right amount of space and move it to next chapters as from what i learn from your camp every trash item or good one can be used in the next chapters by that we are much more free space and not to worry about losing something can be combined to have much more powerful item .
Third : i liked the point of your campaign that you made heroes unable to get more powerful from stats so that you force us to get items and choose from them much more but you need to give a powerful attack damage by lvl ups so it can be balanced with people who are not smart enough for the campaign even i was too puzzled in choosing items so please fox it to be balanced or back to the system which our damage and everything work by stats and items not only items to be powerful .
fourth : i loved your idea of making new systems that i really swear i felt like this should be the evolution that we waited for for warcraft III or this should be the system of warcraft for IV as this is much more advanced the designs and stuff are far great not to mention that we used crystals instead of wood and also by stuff and trade with wood and gold and that made resources much more variable to keep and be much more wise in use .
fifth : story need to be much more worked 6 missions/chapters are not enough at all it can be much more far great that we can compare it to some legends like arkain if you worked much more harder .
sixth : you need to make boss raids much more harder i didn't need army except for the first and third missions only as hey were much more hard than the rest you need to keep in your mind that our heroes grow much stronger per chapters and the items we find so it was good at the two but in rest it was easy catch .
seventh : this is much more personal can you make the TNT used in the next missions as i really liked to use it . it is really unfair to not use it again if you don't have a multi damage skill so we can use this one much better .

now after all this in result i give this campaign 9,25/10 for this but i give it 10/10 for the new stuff you made and the enjoyment hope you finish it fast to play much more and make the an opening end so that if you want we can have a second part of this camp .
Capture 1.JPG

also my version is 1.30 so i hope you make it work well as not many do it right with this version .

thank you for reading .

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Level 16
This campaign is amazing and so creative! I'm still waiting for its full version. I have one question though: Will there be any opportunity to play all the races? (such as Fallen, Demons, etc) I also wonder why "Zombies" race was removed. I loved playing that. Nevermind. Good luck with you!

Edit: Forgot to give one suggestion. Can you make some items combine into a singular, ultimate one? For example: Sacrificial urn, spineripper dagger (all bonus items related to Sarai) etc. Sometimes I get too many good items that I have a hard time choosing which one to dispose of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
Some spelling error on Sarai part (city of ghoul if i remember the chapter name) when gerrad is speaking. I really love this campaign a lot because of the item easy to make combo with it. I'm impress by the new units and the pact quest. The hero has its own voice. And the skills are great. OO yea on dwarf part should at make a signal of the location of the monster and and signal when you completed the quest or giving some hint about the rum on the barrel.

Level 4
So far been an excellent campaign, I'm a big fan of the totally custom races.
I'd like to second far336's mention about the pacts. It's not a major deal but I've had a hard time understanding some of the pacts when they change units/abilities I've not seen yet. I've yet to complete the campaign but I wanted to mention a problem with the Arcane Pact someone mentioned previously. Choosing the Arcane Pact removes the Abyss Cardinal's Soul Incursion spell and only leaves them with decay. And in the next mission Prophet's healing is also removed. Again not the most important of things and worst case scenario I'll just pick the other pact but I thought you might want to know.

upload_2019-10-2_11-5-8.png

upload_2019-10-2_11-16-7.png

Level 12
One of the best Campaigns out there hands down. Is it ever going to get a full release ?
While I have been working on it more than before, it's not been easy with Blizzards f*** ups and all. Still, the new version will prob not have new chapters atm. But will have bug fixes, item and hero reworks and be compatible with version 1.28 and beyond.

Level 7
  1. hey one big problem i dont have my hero in act 2 the chapter where we have to save siren (the fallen dungeon) EDIT:so i try to finish the map with cheats hoping to have my hero in other acts but i cant i have to use intract ability and yeah im stuck

Last edited:
Level 1
10/10 This is my fifth time playing custom campaign and I gotta say this beats the previous ones, btw what model did you use for sarai? is it from Hive?

Level 5
Well this is my run:
WC3ScrnShot_110321_004053_02.jpg

Amazing custom campaign, I had fun while playing and like to see the other players screenshots goind for other builds.
It is a really interesting campaign the terrain is well made, secrets in every map and the story is good, I hope to see how the story continues, because I leveled the seeds I found to a max level so I can share with Sarai, and also a lot of upgrading books.
There is a bug I guess, the campaign says 10 maps but I can only see 9.
I like that every map is big, I can spend a lot of time searching in every map for secrets, luckyly I didn't have problems of any kind.
I give it a 5/5
For some people that might see my screenshot and wonder how the hell I can do damage with -62 damage, I went for a chaso build that uses my intelligence as damage points, the type of damage i guess was chaos and was UNBLOKABLE, meaning that it can't be blocked with armor or enemies being in the higher part of tall places, dealing almost 200 damage per basic hit, also nuking with damaging and healings spells melting the bosses in seconds.

Level 3
Hello, I have finished this campaign and find it an amazing work. Thank you ArneXis for creating such an marvelous work! Because of this I find myself compiled to help the creator by telling what I have noted of his work. Most of them are bugs and suggestions related to the story that I find out of place or missing something. Since this is an personal opinion, feel free to deal with it as you wish.

• The terrain of the maps are very detailed and built specifically for the purpose of retreating what the creator want us to see. It is very beautiful and have many interesting features like magical healing streams, storms that take life from units and so on. I very much liked and it gives dynamic to the maps.

• I find the story very explicative about the world and its conflits and intriguing, since it presents many mysteries that make the player wants to know more.

• I really like that you provided the players a chance to play with the other 2 major races. The fallen tech tree seems fascinating to play because most of the units have upgrades to other units and they are very dependent of their spellcasters, the demons on the other hand doesn't have much spellcasters and most of their units are strong and can deal with most of the threats if the player can reach their last tier units, but they have a different tech tree: you begin with only one tier and by constructing buildings you can advance and get new and more strong units, which I liked and kind differenciates the vanilla tech tree.

• I very much liked the new map that you have created for the purpose of giving more insight about the world of the campaign
  • The apresentation of the history was very good and explicative but the human race music doesn’t seem fit for the moment it was placed.
  • The Crystal is a replacement for lumber in the game, but why not change the animation of the unit to bring a bag, instead of pieces of lumber?
  • The game could explain better how all these Merchant buildings and items work
  • Just like the explanation about the Upgrade Manual, I think it should have one about the Augmentation Stones
  • The Sprite can move before the quest is accepted
  • The hounds can be killed before the player can even discover the quest involving them.
  • The leader of the hounds is a minotaur?
  • The Fallen are enemies of the Shim and Marh and sometimes the AI have sent units to attack them. Is that intended?
  • I liked the mechanism of the game to up and down atributes accordingly to the types of itens you seek to your hero. It is very dynamic and motivates the player to try and discover many combinations to improve your hero.
  • The Cloak of the Vermin Lord release spiders instead of vermin
  • I missed some explanation about the rune coins and how the player can get them
  • When we choose the Var’Harim spirit instead of the elf, he dissapears but the Sprite still remains in the map
  • The difficulties of the game are really nice and balanced but due to an problem of the game itself, we can only enjoy the experience off playing hard if the player leave the map and select the campaign again in the hard mode. That could be rearranged to select the difficulty when the map begins
  • There is a hint about the General Achievements, which is no longer present in the campaign

• In the first Act, the Shadow Bastion doesn’t have Stalkers to training
  • Malice Hall have Call to Militia ability and its upgrades, Malice Keep and Castle, description mentions the Human Keep and Castle
  • Blood Infusion ability can heal enemy undead creatures
  • Cadaver Mage’s under the Ritual of Devotion description doesn’t mention the Assemble Deformed ability
  • Assemble Deformed ability have a grammar error
  • The Multilatress have the same abilities as the Desmemberer. She just have a little more MP, HP and attack
  • Disciple’s Carcass Junction upgrade is not mentioned in its description
  • Stalkers doesn’t have mentions of their upgrades in the description
  • I missed some siege units in the Fallen tech tree

• The Demon Gate, Stygian Gate and Bath of Blood doesn’t have building animation
  • The Slave unit can have the ability of Pillage through the upgrade of same name, but is not present in the tech tree
  • Mental Grip research have a grammar error in its description
  • Binds of Obedience research have a grammar error in its description
  • Why Demon Gate have mana?
  • The Mark of the Hunter upgrades mentions a unit called Blood Seer, but I can’t find it in any of the buildings. The same with the Tracker.
  • The Void Citadel give 120 food.
  • Bath of Blood and Pillar of Vigour have heavy armor instead of fortified. Is that intended?
  • Many demonic units that show up in the campaign, doesn't appear in the tech tree

• In the interlude description is written “resent” and have some gramar errors in Dagero words.
  • In the first Act, Sarai was sent to Pormar to seal the other obelisk, why and how she has returned again to Vareikos?
  • Would be nice to remove the vision of the shop room before the player can destroy the gate to make a surprise about what have there. The same with the statues room after rescuing Siren
  • Vareikos say “the statue’s”
  • The hint about how to free the prisoners appears only in the cage after releasing Siren.
  • The last cage doesn’t have circle of power
  • What are the numbers that show up when we destroy an Ichor Sprout?
  • Would be nice if the act have surprise parties that spawn to hunt you. Since you are invading a never conquered fortress, I believe the security there should be at least considerable

• Abyssal Cardinal doesn’t have the spellcaster rank icon
  • The small undead waves are just to annoy the player. They can even take much damage from the tower. I suggest to increase their number or make them more clever. I literally have lost no units in the game because they are so weak.
  • The monastery have so much resources that it makes the Vorpal Towers unnecessary
  • I think you shouldn’t give a shop of TNT’s to the player have an endless supply of them. Make exploration rewardable.
  • The Grapeshot Granade ability doesn’t affect buildings and this information is not present in its description
  • The optional quest The Forgotten can be failed even before we discover it. Wouldn’t better to make the undeads more stronger or their buildings invulnerable until the time you can discover the quest?
  • Venospi Barracks have the description of the Human Barracks
  • Why Abyssal Spirit have mana if the unit doesn’t have any mana-based ability?
  • Basically, this act is fun, but a little easy to win. The only difficult is the numerous barricades that close the entire city and allow a slow advance towards the objectives of the act. Resources are necessary but not essencial to really win the game, since most of the enemy units are weak and you can find plenty of them spread across the map (not even needing the vorpal towers if you ask me)
  • I have missed some music like the other acts. Is its ausence intended?
  • The Abyssal Cardinal’s description says that she can see invisible units but the unit doesn’t have any true sight ability
  • The Spawn Soul Pit that have South of Bella’s Grave have its passage blocked by three graves, making its destruction and collecion of money very difficult. Is that intended?
  • The item created from several body parts have some grammar errors
  • In all cinematics have some grammar errors

• After the player deliver Siren to the palace, I think it would be nice to repair the damaged buildings in the attack
  • I missed some hints about the Composite Armor in some units

• If Saaga not consider himself lord of the venospi, why he portrait himself as such, giving orders to Sarai? And why Sarai is so passive towards him, obeying his orders?
  • The Hard mode is too difficult and I think its even possible to complete it
  • How to release the managers cages without been attacked by them?
  • Something in the Main road makes Sarai return to the North gate if she moves to South
  • Even not allowed to help Sarai, Vareikos is still be able to send magic help through the rifts she is deactivating?
  • The Achievement have a grammar error

• Faculitas way gate have the name “Cave Enterance”
  • Lots of grammar errors in the cinematics
  • After completing the first main quest, the portal to brown is activated. Is that intended?
  • The achievement mentions a Thieves Guild, but the units belongs to the cannibal dwarves.
  • The undead that spawn in the barril’s room can attack the lever
  • Vareikos mentions about the explosives can appear after she has already destroyed them
  • You don’t need to return to Tleenos to complete his quest. Just leave the room to Tleenos give the reward and the quest to be completed
  • Different from the other clans that you’ll just need to get close of their heroes, you need to Interact with the purple clan hero to complete the quest
  • After we finish the Act VI, the next interlude is not available

With all of this I give this campaign a 5/5 rate. Besides some bugs and errors, the campaign is very functional and fun to play. I expect that this can help ArneXis continue his great work when and if he decides to return to it. Thank you all and stay safe!

Last edited:
Level 2
Purchase an enchantable item from a shop (they have the same color as the enchanting manual and have "Enchantable Item" written on it) and simply drop the manual in your heroes inventory on the enchantable item(also in the inventory).
what about upgrading upgradable item?

Level 12
Thank you, it works

Also it's been a good 5 years since someone asked this but, is the campaign still in development? Kinda curious.
It's weird that you're asking now, because I'm actually pretty close to releasing a new version. Can't really give you a precise date.

Here are some changes that I've made for the upcoming update:

Items:
1. A total itemization rework.
2. The majority of items are now sellable.
3. Instead of always dropping the same items, many enemies now drop a "pouch" that gives a random item when picked up.
4. Combination recipes and similar shops now work like a book where you can "flip" through it.
5. There is a shop area in every map that sells common items. Think of it as a Goblin Merchant that you go "Inside" and all the entrances lead you to the same shop area. (Inside it's like the shop area in Warcraft 3 Dota).
6. The heroes have a skill that allows them to move items to the shop area, so you don't need to run back and forth in dungeon maps.

Maps:
1. A new Chapter* has been added.
2. Made small to moderate changes in all chapters.
3. New bosses have been added in chapters 1, 2 and 3.
4. New raid bosses have been added in chapters 4, 5* and 6.
5. Completely reworked Chapter 5. (Because nobody liked the old one, lol).
6. Dialog changes.
7. Grammar errors have been fixed.

Skills & Enemies:
1. Both controllable heroes had their skills changed or reworked.
2. The playable faction has been tweaked (Unit changes, new skills etc.).
3. In general, way more enemy heroes appear in all chapters.
4. Enemy heroes get items based on difficulty.
5. Hard is Harder.

skills.png

skills2.png

skills3.png

skills4.png
itemexample.png

itemexample2.png
itemshop3.png

itemshop.png

itemshop2.png

Level 20
I know how important good feedback is, so I'm trying to give as much as possible (and hopefully useful advice as a fellow mapmaker) :
WALL OF TEXT & MAJOR NITPICKING INCOMING !

-Played the 1.4A version on normal difficulty on my 1.27 game version-

-the terraining is one the best I've seen that don't use tons of HD models, great work ! :thumbs_up:
-I love all the secrets to find on every map, the level design with very little unused space is great for that
-I really wish you could buy and use wards from the 2 backpacks because it's so much juggling from one to the hero and back, at least you can do upgrades
-so many items and so many different enemy/mercenary units !:nw: It would take like 10 playthroughs to test everything
-the enchanted items are a big ask, being mostly a liability at the start and needing to store so many enchantment books to make them worth something, maybe make those stackable and detail what you get once it's enchanted so the player can better choose what item to pick and commit to
-having too many quest or usable items cluttering the inventory means they just stay in the backpacks, for example I forgot to use the Bella potion on the shadow boss
-the hero spells seem needlessly complex and not very varied, just variations on « does damage to one target/do more damage temporarily/ heals one target » but I like Sarai's ulti with the risk/reward
-the ichor sprouts are a bit annoying to use because they need constructible terrain, sometimes you have to go far, so on the last map I didn't even bother with them
-I wish the quest log was better updated/detailed instead of having to search through the dialogues to remind me what I need to do or my progress
-the choice of upgrade « pacts » is a great idea but there is not enough info before choosing or you didn't even see the unit before choosing + it's currently bugged and I lost all lvl 1 spells in all maps after:sad:
-lots of spelling or grammar errors in the 2nd half
-maps have some really tight parts which is annoying when you're trying to move your hero for inventory management in a group of units or save wounded units
-passive abilities should really have passive icons, you can use a utility called Button manager to create them – same with autocast spells : I didn't even realize for half of them at first
-intro cutscenes not being skippable is a big negative IMO, it shouldn't be too hard to make a skip possible since it's mostly dialogue
-the world is pretty original with the former demon slaves and the story gets more intriguing towards the end... a shame it's not finished, with one map not being playable and the story not concluded
-the starting base is a little cramped, because we can't destroy trees, it's easy to box your units in and have to destroy a building to make way to go to the west
-the fae « escort mission » is bit annoying when moving a whole group because she only moves for the hero, but more importantly we don't really need to protect her, so why having to follow her at all instead of meeting her at each altar after she teleports
-sometimes workers stop in their tracks, which is annoying when they stop building – I think it's cutscenes that do that but I'm not sure :confused:2
-when I gave back the item quest for the humans, the soldier talked in the middle of the fight cutscene between snails and frogs because one of my units scouted ahead, maybe use a queue or stop units during dialogues
-the camera moving to show the snails and frogs fighting can be annoying when you're in combat (like in the fae quest)
-the forest beacon is a lumber drop point ? You can't harvest lumber, can you ?
-if you purchase a tome of +1 but don't have enough coins, it disappears from the shop
-the wisp has a different icon for crystal collecting (that the normal worker doesn't have) but it is a summon so you probably won't use it as a worker
-the phoenix tranquility heal might be a bit OP, I lost almost no unit by using it all the time
-love all the secrets to find, but I wish the tip about destroying walls was clearer : it appears when you destroy a door so I didn't get that was really some walls that were destructible and not just a bad translation, until at the end I searched where I didn't explore
-maybe I'm just dumb but I lost 30 minutes trying to find how to progress in the monastery before looking on this thread and finding that you can use « interact » on the book. I forgot about the « ability » because it's the only campaign with this out of dozens upon dozens I've played over the years. It seems very complicated to have an item being a unit that you can attack but can't kill that needs this particular way to use instead of, you know, pick up item → cutscene, ask if you want to skip it yes/no
-the « harm/heal » ability of Siren is weird, why not a normal heal since it's outside of combat only ?
-no music at all for such a long map... I get it's for atmosphere, but some custom spooky music would be better
-the constant attacks on your base are useless, but the announcer « we're under attack » gets old quickly
-the zombie spawn building to the west can't be reached, maybe it's on purpose but it's annoying
-strange to give the choice of an « assassin » upgrade here when you don't have the units or buildings on this map
-the other upgrade is bugged : cardinals lose the summon and keep the decay
-for the skeleton king boss, there is a warning but it would still be better to not be teleported right on top of him, especially since the pathfinding of units gets easily confused here
-was part of the matilda & gerard quest cut ? You can see them as undead in unreachable parts of the map with iseedeadpeople
-I hate quests with random drops & respawning enemies in general, but at least here you don't have to wait too long for the parts
-the sorceress unit have lost their heal, I suppose it's the "pact" upgrade bug again
-the big spiders corpses not disappearing make it difficult to see the items they drop
-the bandits harassing you attack even in the human town, because there are no guards I suppose, and the townspeople don't react at all, some allies they are:smile:
-to be clear : I'm not really good at this game, I play on normal for a reason, but this map seems way too hard compared to the rest of the campaign
-there's way too much stuff to monitor : hero + troops + 2 different special map-wide sets of abilities + too many bases and choke points + allies cries for help + the wagons – I gave up around wagon 9 and used cheat after a game over when one wagon got killed ? I thought they would keep on coming until you won/died
-the artillery should really have a « stop » option once you've used it and/or not do friendly fire, it's currently almost useless
-having a spell on all the cardinals that can only used on the hero seems a bit of a waste
-the map feels disconnected to the rest of the campaign : different planet, different gameplay, very different difficulty, ends without even a cutscene
-I like the « wind hurts you » mechanic but it's a bit too punishing on the last part without any fires : my hero was very strong so I could use her alone, otherwise my units would have kept dying which is more annoying than fun
-in the cutscene the human general says he's not the « lord » of the outworlder as he calls her, yet he orders her around and she complies without even protesting ?
-the vampire hunter mercenary's ability is not unlocked or at least the icon looks like it's not
-I couldn't open the treasure room in the northwest but I could summon a vampire seer through the gate to scout the room and the loot didn't seem great anyway
-it's a bit strange that the dwarves need a mage to use one of their own machines if they don't have magic themselves

Quick summary :
A really good RPG campaign especially if you like exploration (I do) and min/maxing items and inventory management (I don't) with a few problems and which doesn't feel finished unfortunately.

(+) absolutely great terraining (esthetics + level design)
(+) tons of choices of items, mercenaries, secrets to find
(+) interesting quests and puzzles

(-) map 5
(-) some campaign-spanning bugs
(-) ends when story becomes interesting

I really hope @ArneXis will finish the campaign and if so, that my small contribution can be useful.

Level 12
Wow Armelior_is_back, didn't have such detailed feedback in a long time, great work and I'm happy you liked it. :grin:
----------- I'll try to answer as best as I can. ------------

-the starting base is a little cramped, because we can't destroy trees, it's easy to box your units in and have to destroy a building to make way to go to the west
Yeah it's made small for a strategic reason, I wanted to make so you can either wall-off near the starting tower and turtle or build forward, I even placed another crystal cluster to incentivize it.

-the fae « escort mission » is bit annoying when moving a whole group because she only moves for the hero, but more importantly we don't really need to protect her, so why having to follow her at all instead of meeting her at each altar after she teleports
Well I wanted it to be something you have to work for, getting a boss and a pact at the end should require some work. 😅

-sometimes workers stop in their tracks, which is annoying when they stop building – I think it's cutscenes that do that but I'm not sure :confused:2
Yeah it's weird, I don't know why but when you hide units for a cinematic some workers are left idle after it finishes, I dabbled with the triggers a bit but still sometimes it happens (prob something to do with workers being inside a mine etc.)

-when I gave back the item quest for the humans, the soldier talked in the middle of the fight cutscene between snails and frogs because one of my units scouted ahead, maybe use a queue or stop units during dialogues
Fixed this.

-the camera moving to show the snails and frogs fighting can be annoying when you're in combat (like in the fae quest)
This thing is difficult to manage, on one hand you have info that needs to be shown to the player and on the other you're yanking their camera around. I'll prob add a variable to turn off "taking control of my camera" and it will be campaign-wide but it will most likely not be in this update.

-the forest beacon is a lumber drop point ? You can't harvest lumber, can you ?
Grammar error (Tooltip) - fixed this.

-if you purchase a tome of +1 but don't have enough coins, it disappears from the shop
Fixed this.

-the wisp has a different icon for crystal collecting (that the normal worker doesn't have) but it is a summon so you probably won't use it as a worker
This is the standard "gather wood" ability that he wisps have, I can't remove it.
-the phoenix tranquility heal might be a bit OP, I lost almost no unit by using it all the time
The mana sustain of the unit might be more of a problem than the ability itself (I might nerf it), it's not very powerful in combat.

-love all the secrets to find, but I wish the tip about destroying walls was clearer : it appears when you destroy a door so I didn't get that was really some walls that were destructible and not just a bad translation, until at the end I searched where I didn't explore
It appears when you approach the barred walls, your units probably triggered the dialog at the exact time the door died. :confused:2
-maybe I'm just dumb but I lost 30 minutes trying to find how to progress in the monastery before looking on this thread and finding that you can use « interact » on the book. I forgot about the « ability » because it's the only campaign with this out of dozens upon dozens I've played over the years. It seems very complicated to have an item being a unit that you can attack but can't kill that needs this particular way to use instead of, you know, pick up item → cutscene, ask if you want to skip it yes/no
Well I made changes to the abilities regarding Items so I can't remove them and I think the "Tome" unit is immortal? Cinematics are a tricky thing as I'm sure you know being a mapmaker yourself. Re-editing them would take a huge amount of time.

-the « harm/heal » ability of Siren is weird, why not a normal heal since it's outside of combat only ?
To "gamble" in combat, also other units have it.

-no music at all for such a long map... I get it's for atmosphere, but some custom spooky music would be better
I've been thinking about it (the no music thing is a common complain). I might add a command to turn the music on/off, we'll see...

-the constant attacks on your base are useless, but the announcer « we're under attack » gets old quickly
This mechanic has been changed, on hard difficulty the attacking units are buffed considerably and the quest where you have to kill forsaken has been changed, you no longer need to kill them. So when starting Chapter 3 you can prioritize killing all the spawners.

-the zombie spawn building to the west can't be reached, maybe it's on purpose but it's annoying
It was a bug, it has been fixed.

-strange to give the choice of an « assassin » upgrade here when you don't have the units or buildings on this map
The building that trains Mercenaries also trains the Pact unit, so you get to use it if you chose the Assassin Pact.

-the other upgrade is bugged : cardinals lose the summon and keep the decay
Yeah, I know, major L on my part.

-for the skeleton king boss, there is a warning but it would still be better to not be teleported right on top of him, especially since the pathfinding of units gets easily confused here
Fixed this.

-was part of the matilda & gerard quest cut ? You can see them as undead in unreachable parts of the map with iseedeadpeople
No, you just missed a secret :grin:

-I hate quests with random drops & respawning enemies in general, but at least here you don't have to wait too long for the parts
I wanted to make this map "uncomfortable" like the dead were hunting you and you couldn't feel safe in parts of it.
-the sorceress unit have lost their heal, I suppose it's the "pact" upgrade bug again
Yep :cry:

-the big spiders corpses not disappearing make it difficult to see the items they drop
Hm, good point.

-the bandits harassing you attack even in the human town, because there are no guards I suppose, and the townspeople don't react at all, some allies they are:smile:
Um, that shouldn't happen? I'll look into it. :eekani:
-to be clear : I'm not really good at this game, I play on normal for a reason, but this map seems way too hard compared to the rest of the campaign
My whole idea for this map was to show "The Might of the Demons" and to start the player with many defense points, where you would progressively get pushed back towards the main road (there were more defenders on it) and in the end just to hold the main road. But I failed in the grand design.

-there's way too much stuff to monitor : hero + troops + 2 different special map-wide sets of abilities + too many bases and choke points + allies cries for help + the wagons – I gave up around wagon 9 and used cheat after a game over when one wagon got killed ? I thought they would keep on coming until you won/died
Yep, again the "retreat" mechanic failing.

-the artillery should really have a « stop » option once you've used it and/or not do friendly fire, it's currently almost useless
Risk/Reward stuff :grin:

-having a spell on all the cardinals that can only used on the hero seems a bit of a waste
This has ben changed, no units have a buff that would affect the hero only.

-the map feels disconnected to the rest of the campaign : different planet, different gameplay, very different difficulty, ends without even a cutscene
I <nuked> the map, and I don't mean changed it, I mean I completely removed it and created a new one from scratch. I hope you like the new one once it's out! :wink:

-I like the « wind hurts you » mechanic but it's a bit too punishing on the last part without any fires : my hero was very strong so I could use her alone, otherwise my units would have kept dying which is more annoying than fun
If you complete the dwarven rescue mission at 100%(save all the captured dwarves) it reduces the blizzard damage by 60%.

-in the cutscene the human general says he's not the « lord » of the outworlder as he calls her, yet he orders her around and she complies without even protesting ?
Yeah, the story was not fleshed out properly then, but I was working on it <I PROMISE YOU.>

-the vampire hunter mercenary's ability is not unlocked or at least the icon looks like it's not
Warcraft 3 UI thing, can't change that.

-I couldn't open the treasure room in the northwest but I could summon a vampire seer through the gate to scout the room and the loot didn't seem great anyway
Yeah, it was a secret that's been removed in the upcoming version. I have a much bigger one in it's place :grin:

-it's a bit strange that the dwarves need a mage to use one of their own machines if they don't have magic themselves
I provide an explanation in the update. :peasant-grin:

Last edited:
Level 12
Thanks for the detailed reply ! Any idea when the new version will drop and (important for me) for which patch version it will be ?
Can't really say when, but I'm working on it. The version needed will be 1.29.2

EDIT: If you don't have 1.29.2 I think you can find it somewhere on the hive, someone posted a download link if I recall correctly. (You still need a valid CD-Key).

@Ardenaso @Armelior_is_back

Last edited: