• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Artilery Barrage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Description: Shot a flare in a point.
The artilery crew will be noticed, and will launch a devastating Artilery Barrage that will flat anything in the area.

Finality: I created this to be used as ultimate spell of a Marine hero.

Please, report any bug if you find.
Suggestions are wellcome.

Attachments

• Artilery Barrage.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Artilery Barrage 1.0.jpg
    Artilery Barrage 1.0.jpg
    192.5 KB · Views: 158
@Purplepoot and Herio-san:The bombs of an artilery barrage (coming from an artilery crew at miles of distance) are so fast to be seen by the human eyes.
But I can try to make some mortars fall from the sky after the explosion.

@Dsg: I think the spell concept so powerfull to be used as normal spell.
Also the dummy map was abit lame to test it with.

Sorry, I dont understand what you said.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
When testing it, all that you were given was a hero that did not auto revive and 1 bunch of creeps. You also had no cooldown command to test it multiple times. A good testing map is important to convince people that your spell is good. Also, in real life, you can see altilery shells once launced, thus they should be visiable.

Concider entering this in the Spells & Systems contest going on in the one sticky at the top of this fourm section.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
setting cooldown to 0 is un needed.
Simply add a -cooldown command to allow for easy testing. Many people like vexorian use such systems.

As for the falling mortar effects, maybe use some kind of partical emmiter train to represent the fast falling morter since if it blurs gray you will get a good effect making it look like somthing fell fast. This should be achievable by finding a gray partical emmiter from an effect (missle has one I think) and dropping its height extreemly quickly, the effect should make a trail that will make a good fast falling shell.

I hope I have not offended you by theses sujestions

Status
Not open for further replies.