• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Argos: Rise of Elements [Orpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I have seen the hero customization video that was posted a while ago. I think it has to do with attachments and even replacing the model based on what the user chooses. As far as making the hero taller I'm guessing you use Animation - Change unit's size and change the z setting. Unless you use JASS. In that case, I have no clue haha

Level 11
I have seen the hero customization video that was posted a while ago. I think it has to do with attachments and even replacing the model based on what the user chooses. As far as making the hero taller I'm guessing you use Animation - Change unit's size and change the z setting. Unless you use JASS. In that case, I have no clue haha

Hello Veritas,

You are very close except for one thing, the model uses the "Grab Tree" ability to be able to change skins in-game. I do change the unit's size via animation and I code in vJass.

As for the other comments about the character model, I definitely agree with you. Unfortunately, we don't have an experienced enough, or dedicated, modeler to make the model or all new attachments for it. I'm currently recruiting right now, and you can check out my recruitment thread here:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/project-recruitment-256/argos-rise-elements-recruitment-247012/

As for the terrain, I am still coding on the current demo map concept terrain, while marko9 is experimenting with new concepts which he will be posting soon for review.

Progress on this project tends to get a little slow as I'm trying to figure out how to do certain systems with the limitations with the warcraft 3 engine. I'm currently studying the DGUI System which will allow me to make custom screen interfaces like bags, action bars, clickable icons, etc...

You can check out what I'm talking about here:

http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=104931

So currently I am taking a recourse in vectors and matrixes to rework the system to work with the current camera systems I have now, since the system was originally created with their own third person cam that is very inflexible. If anyone here is interested in helping me with the math part I would greatly appreciate the help!

The only other thing that is slowing the project down is the way we are doing the abilities and how you will be able to create your own, basically creating your own classes bit by bit. Basically by breaking apart all of the basic spells and abilities from warcraft 3 and other games I was able to kinda figure out a way to accomplish this. By breaking everything down into the categories of: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Offensive, Defensive, Supportive, Melee, Ranged, etc... with all of the other little attributes and effects, I can create a small self learning tech tree, with other effects, attributes, and abilities you can learn or find (in Manuals/Tomes/Scrolls/Journals/Quests/Etc).

So as you master each category or mastery, you will learn new things you can tinker with your abilities or effects in that category.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up of whats going on!

Shadowflare

Level 14
I'm glad to hear you are making progress. It really sounds like you are going to have some new systems that really haven't been done before. Kudos to you and your team, keep up the good work!

Level 10
^Good thing Ralle bump :D. How's the project, I hope it's not dead yet.
223635-albums6286-picture87386.gif

Level 11
Oh shoot! Didn't know I was getting replies. Still getting used to the new Hive. Hey everyone! I am kinda officially back, have some extra free time and decided to go back to Argos. I would hate to see it collect virtual dust and never get released! I am working on this project alone so it is definitely a time consuming process, but I enjoy the learning process the most. I'll be making a video showing the progress so far and post it by the end of the week. I also want to keep this thread more up to date and I'll try holding myself to a commitment of providing solid updates every week.

In the next few weeks I should have a playable Alpha version to start testing out core systems. I'll be recruiting a team of regulars who can do testing with me in a private game online as well as post a download for the Alpha if anyone wants to provide their own individual feedback on their own time. If you are interested in becoming a tester please let me know!

Thank you everyone for your replies and support!

Hello Veritas,

You are very close except for one thing, the model uses the "Grab Tree" ability to be able to change skins in-game. I do change the unit's size via animation and I code in vJass.

As for the other comments about the character model, I definitely agree with you. Unfortunately, we don't have an experienced enough, or dedicated, modeler to make the model or all new attachments for it. I'm currently recruiting right now, and you can check out my recruitment thread here:

Argos: Rise of Elements [RECRUITMENT]

As for the terrain, I am still coding on the current demo map concept terrain, while marko9 is experimenting with new concepts which he will be posting soon for review.

Progress on this project tends to get a little slow as I'm trying to figure out how to do certain systems with the limitations with the warcraft 3 engine. I'm currently studying the DGUI System which will allow me to make custom screen interfaces like bags, action bars, clickable icons, etc...

You can check out what I'm talking about here:

Bags System - Wc3C.net

So currently I am taking a recourse in vectors and matrixes to rework the system to work with the current camera systems I have now, since the system was originally created with their own third person cam that is very inflexible. If anyone here is interested in helping me with the math part I would greatly appreciate the help!

The only other thing that is slowing the project down is the way we are doing the abilities and how you will be able to create your own, basically creating your own classes bit by bit. Basically by breaking apart all of the basic spells and abilities from warcraft 3 and other games I was able to kinda figure out a way to accomplish this. By breaking everything down into the categories of: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, Offensive, Defensive, Supportive, Melee, Ranged, etc... with all of the other little attributes and effects, I can create a small self learning tech tree, with other effects, attributes, and abilities you can learn or find (in Manuals/Tomes/Scrolls/Journals/Quests/Etc).

So as you master each category or mastery, you will learn new things you can tinker with your abilities or effects in that category.

Just wanted to give you all a heads up of whats going on!

Shadowflare

Which ability is Grab Tree? I'm making an RPG too and I don't know if I'd even need it, but wouldn't hurt to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.