• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Defense / Survival] Arena of Ancient - Warcraft III Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
c0224s7pg1eehr5zg.jpg

About

Arena of Ancient is a recreation of StarCraft 2 map with the same name made by totemhokem. The main idea of the map is to pick a hero and defend yourself against hordes of infested enemies while upgrading your hero the way you find most fitting. Warcraft 3 version of the map is pretty much a completely different take on that formula with all of the mechanics created from scratch, while the main idea remains in-tact.

Map Features

> 8 Player Co-op survival.
> Various StarCraft and Warcraft III heroes to choose from. Current version of the map has 40+ heroes that you can play and master including workers that are able to build structures as well as air heroes that can support teammates from the sky.
> New quality landscape textures. Every landscape texture is created specifically for this map and uses original StarCraft 2 materials.
> 100+ different items. Some of them give a raw stat boost while the other ones provide with some special benefits.
> Item Enchantments. Each item can have up to 4 random enchantments. While majority of them are beneficial, there are some that will provide debuffs to the player.
> Talent system. After surviving wave 30, Talent system is unlocked, providing an opportunity to try out different play styles in future attempts.
> Map selection. Currently there are 3 playable maps with different objectives and ways to survive.
> Unique abilities and upgrades. Each upgrade has its own unique behavior, opening up different ways of playing the game.
> Infinite Exponential upgrades. Each hero has 6 basic upgrades (Attack Damage, Health Pool e.t.c.) that Player can upgrade indefinitely, creating a possibility of fully customizing the hero you're playing as.
> Challenging game balance. Infested units are also become better in both quality and quantity. Amount of enemy units on the field is fitting to StarCraft 2 standards (a lot).
> Restart mechanic. There is no need in re-making the lobby. After a loss game will restart itself automatically.
> Working save/load system. Seamless save/load system that is based on the TriggerHappy's work. No need to type in any commands. Everything loads automatically.
> And a lot more!

Support the project

If you really want to support the project and content that I'm doing (plus have additional goodies and gameplay features), consider helping me out with things below:

I also require people that are experienced in creating/editing Warcraft III models, primarily people that are experienced in creating additional animations for existing models.

Screenshots

wc86lkb8wnngrz5zg.jpg

6yr7rpta5yo3qtpzg.jpg

om52ql34tuz4wx8zg.jpg

o4pi5r956zbhdhmzg.jpg

7ccbwa6dwno20rrzg.jpg

x1lzs12sass1iqqzg.jpg

Want to know more? Wtii did a gameplay video of Arena of Ancient, you can check it out following the link down below:

Links

You can download latest version of Arena of Ancient following the link down below.
Download the latest version: Arena of Ancient v1.96

Or you can get the latest news / WIP versions by visiting project's Discord Channel.
Discord channel: Join the Arena of Ancient (WC3) Discord Server!

You can also check the project's Workflow by visiting Arena of Ancient Trello Board.
Trello Board: Trello

Latest News

Arena of Ancient was recently updated to version 1.96, which brought additional new heroes, balance changes towards en-game enemies, talent system and working save/load system that does not require any code.

Glhf on the Arena!

Last edited:
Level 12
Hey I already had seen this video recently, and I have to admit I like the concept !!!

I have never really played much Starcraft, but I don't mind the Starship Troopers feel.

The tension brought by the constant invasion of creeps is really nice.

Level 1
Hey I already had seen this video recently, and I have to admit I like the concept !!!

I have never really played much Starcraft, but I don't mind the Starship Troopers feel.

The tension brought by the constant invasion of creeps is really nice.
Thanks for the feedback, Macadamia! Yeah, still a couple of changes coming up to make the map more enjoyable for people who like more action-packed gameplay rather then a raw survival. Stay tuned! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.