Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Are we something more than organic robots?

Discussion in 'Recycle Bin' started by Shiroaisu, Dec 26, 2009.

?

Are we more than organic robots???

1. yes

32 vote(s)
    55.2%
  2. no

26 vote(s)
    44.8%
  1. Elenai

Elenai

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Chaos theory vs. the vast multitudes of cycles involved in nature.

Water cycle, carbon cycle, orbits, the fact that if you drop a bowling ball and a pebble gravity pulls them at the same speed...etc, etc...

I'll put my money on "Order" being the prevailing thought.

You act as if they are exclusive to each other. I'll call this train of thought out for what it is.

A blatant lie.

Science states the same thing, only it states something like a big bang, or nature, or some other thing, instead of God. Which, as far as I know, Christianity never said in the Bible that God didn't use the big bang [science essentially] to make the universe, and supports it actually...

1 Thessalonians 5:21 "Test everything. Hold on to the good."

Doesn't seem to be a bad idea to me.

"Test everything. Hold on to the good."

"Test everything. Hold on to the good." (yet again)

I'll quote again, and hopefully at long last clear up a terrible sort of lie...

"Test everything. Hold on to the good."

Not if you know the full nature of God's omnipotence. C.S Lewis explained it quite well.

"Another difficulty we get if we believe God to be in time is this. Everyone who believes in God at all believes that He knows what you and I are going to do tomorrow. But if He knows I am going to do so-and-so, how can I be free to do otherwise? Well, here once again, the difficulty comes from thinking that God is progressing along the Time-line like us: the only difference being that He can see ahead and we cannot. Well, if that were true, if God foresaw our acts, it would be very hard to understand how we could be free not to do them. But suppose God is outside and above the Time-line. In that case, what we call ‘tomorrow’ is visible to Him in just the same way as what we call ‘today’. All the days are ‘Now’ for Him. He does not remember you doing things yesterday; He simply sees you doing them, because, though you have lost yesterday, He has not. He does not foresee you doing things tomorrow; He simply sees you doing them: because, though tomorrow is not yet there for you, it is for Him."

What about 'improv'?

Horray for improv.

So is the logic of men, if this is true.

My logic..to clarify...States that Free-Will, Emotions, Feelings, Choice, and Self-awaredness in their fullest truths cannot be completely fathomed, and such things as Free Will are near infinitely complex, and cannot be programmed effectively if at all, and thus we cannot produce sentient life from non-sentient roots.

Let it be so.

hmmmn....

"Don't take it from me; go and speak to God. When you look out at the sky you see the power of God's majesty literally filling the universe with his artistic magnificence; you just wouldn't recognize it because it doesn't dance in front of your eyes."

Probability is in itself based on predictability.

"I probably [root word], will." = "I predict that I shall"

Confirmation that you don't have an answer against it. And here we begin to move into the assaults on the character, instead of the question.

Stawman? Dear me no...You said so yourself, I am merely reminding you.

Answer the question perhaps.

Hence I said "Off topic:" Still...no answer.

Really? I find it to be quite easy to make my own choices despite what I feel. Then again I'm free from the bondage of self.

I can't help it if you can't see the obvious.

Yes.

No, that is you not being able to answer the question about Free-Will. The evidence is based on common sense...

Or am I not allowed to have a "Go learn quantum physics" statement while you can?

Doesn't seem fair at all...

Or perhaps my opponent doesn't have a clue...

You clearly missed the point. I call Semantics. So I should look at the rational interpretation rather than the literal point?

While you are immune to doing so?

Character attack.

You missed the whole point. Semantics.

You don't have an answer, so you are attacking the method of the deliverance of the meaning through a divergent, and tangent route that is not even part of the whole issue in the first place. I therefore call this conversation with you to a close. I'm not going to deal with a poor debate turned into a cut-throat ludicrous bickering.

I really will just ignore this now, since...you don't have any gas left to answer it seems...

And with the undertone of hostility you are now imbuing into your sentences, I suspect that this debate should end before I end up being banned again.

*takes the highroad out*

2. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    off topic:

This is becoming a warfare lol,

Lets all chill out xD

3. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    More like a forum-war:hohum:

Its just opinion,some think that humans are just worthless thrash,some others give humans a more santified meaning!

And we'll continue contradicting ourselves 'till we analyse even the purpose of the human cell !

I think its time to close this thread,right?

off topic: now I realise,you're the creator of this thread :eekani:

4. PurplePoot

PurplePoot

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    God of the gaps.

Ironic to be coming from such a book.

Ie let's take the disproof of god and use it to our advantage due to peoples' stupidity and failure to realize what it is.

Just a thousand or so years ago lightning was god's wrath and its nature couldn't be fathomed; religion is pathetic like that. I repeat—god of the gaps.

All the beauty. That's god! All the hate. That's man!

God seems to get the better end of the stick here.

I love how people can be so stupid and self deluded as yourself. Ah, the human mind. It truly amazes me.

You have no idea what you are talking about. This must have to do with your lack of understanding of... anything scientific, really.

Do you even know what confirmation bias is?

No, I didn't.

I don't answer stupid and fallacious questions because there's no point; they are still stupid and fallacious.

Excellent substitute for any actual argument.

Stating the obvious is obvious.

Just felt I would add that.

I believe I finally understand. You aren't as stupid or lazy as you are malicious; you clearly put my name on that quote to convince people that I was contradicting myself, but failed to provide a link to the original post so as to discourage people to see the quote's context and that it was not a contradiction at all. You remind me of those preachers who are willing to lie for Jesus.

Uuh, if you are going to point me to something scientific you are welcome to.

About why they should reply to a straw man.

I was pointing out your seeming misunderstanding of randomness and how seemingly random things can be highly nonrandom when examined.

I am not. You just have no arguments to speak of.

Not when backed up by half a page of quotes which you have continued to reply to fallaciously or with "no u" style "rebuttals".

After all, only you should be allowed to do so.

You seem to misunderstand why it is you that gets infracted or banned. It's not because I have special ties into the staff and am corrupt or something. It's because you continuously act like a self-righteous holier-than-thou... ass, for lack of a more polite word (and, very importantly, do so while blowing air), and then say it's in fact everyone else who does so because you think people are stupid enough to believe you. Contrary to what many Christians believe, you don't have the moral high ground if everybody disagrees with you, and it doesn't make you more right.

5. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    hehe i really think its time to close it :)
    good arguments btw, its good to see that there are still many inteligent people in this world

many diferent opinions xD

6. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    That wrapps it up :cool:.I had fun in this thread !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObTDvMUMgr4
    This has a lot of meaning,even if its just a song !

Admins,do your magic.

7. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
  8. WILL THE ALMIGHTY

WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

9. Shiroaisu

Shiroaisu

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ROFLWAFL xDDD

10. mato2

mato2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmz it seems elenai is getting pwnt with words, anyways i can trully say :
    KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE
    [​IMG]

11. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Seeing as to how no logical arguements against us being nothing more than organic robots remains, this thread should be closed before any more preachers become involved.

//\\oo//\\

12. NearbyHermit

NearbyHermit

Resources:
    Resources:
    To be honest,I voted ''Yes'' ,even if I sustain the contrary.

I sincerily believe that humans are like ants, blind on following a leader :sad:

13. Kwah

Kwah

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I totally forgot to close this.