1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ardent Heroes - ORPG

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Craka_J, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    But we do have one problem now, we are out a coder, and we are in search for a new Vjass coder, if you know of anyone who is interested in helping or are someone interested in helping please contact me.

2. Bugz

Bugz

Resources:
    Maps:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Ask geries, he knows his stuff and he is very active in the projects he work for.

3. RollBoat

RollBoat

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    is this still alive?

4. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Can't make much progress without a coder.

5. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe you mean, "Can't make much progress because of Skyrim?" :xxd:

6. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Not really; got bored of Skyrim since I now realize how over-hyped and incomplete that game is. Back to WoW... /sigh.

7. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    What exactly do you need coded?

8. sammath

sammath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Lol why skyrim si so incomplete?
    P.S: I've haven't played Skyrim yet, but every body say is the best game ever ... so ... why you tell us this?

9. Ghello14

Ghello14

Resources:
    Resources:
    Because Skyrim's repetitiveness gets the best of a lot of people. I got bored with it a couple of weeks after purchasing it.

10. sammath

sammath

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, some one told me that powers are based on screams, I don't like that!!

11. TinyTeaser

TinyTeaser

Resources:
    Resources:
    lol the Shouts, honestly its a pretty nice system, its just the gameplay....its soooo repetitive :/

12. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can literally write an entire two or more paged review about why Skyrim sucks balls and how it was so over-hyped, but I'll save that for another day. ;)

Mainly what I need coded is core gameplay stuff for the RPG. Our current coder PurgeandFire went MIA so we need a replacement coder. After the core gameplay content is coded, we'll go more into stuff like specific items, quests, and class selection (or even character creation?)

13. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Well if you have a specific system or spell you want coded I could do it for you.

14. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I still occassionally work on the terrain for this mod. Most recently, I've been working on a higher level dungeon --- still much to go with it. Mainly all I have to do with Millbrow (starter zone) is redo all the pathing with line of sight blockers and place some more shadows. After that, it's pretty much done enough!

As for systems or whatever needed coded, anything will do. If you want to take a look at the map to see if you can offer any help to it, let me know. :wink:

15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    subbing, looks great. I will look forward for playing it

16. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I WAS going to go ahead and report that this game is dead and that I would be releasing many of the ideas etc... for others to use as they please. As I couldn't get a hold of the team, and then I drifted off after that. But seeing how Craka is alive and active, I guess we can make another last ditch effort to push it into beta, at the least.

As far as completing the game, I just don't think we have the resources or team possible. Not enough coders in this game to get it pushed out, I don't think atleast.

17. Superz_Ze_Man

Superz_Ze_Man

Resources:
    Resources:
    Warcraft 3 is a dieing world anyways. Better to spend your time on a starcraft 2 mod where more players will enjoy what you have made :/

18. sammath

sammath

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Super_Ze_Man you are wrong dude ... ask you why 10 years ago after WC3 and too many people still playing and working in it ... is because WC3 are beyond good ... not every people like the Science Fi atmosfere from SC2... Adventure, RPG maps still being the most liked to play and SC2 ruin the medieval atmosfere with that green cybernetic interface!!! (ugly ugly ugly)

19. TinyTeaser

TinyTeaser

Resources:
    Resources:
    agreed ^^

20. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I tried to learn the SC2 editor, but it's too similar to game engine world editors (way too complicated and tedious to learn/use) so I figured I might as well just learn to use an game engine editor instead of SC2's editor. It's BARELY user-friendly and cannot even be compared to the WE. Was really disappointed with it. :\

And yes, the only thing people play in WC3 now is DOTA or the same tower defense maps over and over again. But I just like working on maps for fun! :D

I only post about the develpment process to get input on what others think about it and what changes I could or should probably make to it.