• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ardent Heroes - ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
It has been a week, so I feel the double post is necessary. (plus, it's my thread!)

Terrain and coding progress has been going really well. The talent system for DPS should be finished next week, along with other systems like the combat system. Millbrow is closing in on it's final completion. The story and lore of the RPG will be closely focused on probably throughout this week.

Level 8
x3GlikE, we would appreciate if you could make a very low in size loading screen, we have had 3 before, yet none have gone completely through with it yet.

Level 8
I'll bring up your other talents up with our team, see if anything is needed, though outside opinions can always be helpful, as to the loading screen.

Just some scenery, calming things, such as a forest or something to that extent.

Level 8
Wow that really is good, I definitely approve of it. But the main concern is how big is the actual file size? Any way to make it smaller than it already is?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Can't wait to see this finished, GL.

Level 8
Very nice work x3GlikeE, link us the even further compressed loading screen if you can do that.

Also, to update everyone, expect some pretty big updates soon, I have yet to make a new update until this next thing is done, we are so close to beta hang in there guys, and thanks for following!

Level 25
Do not be discouraged by the lack of active posts. We're actually getting a lot done - especially the coding portion - so our next update is guaranteed to report very good news; and quite a bit of it as we will be posting updates in bundles instead of small portions.

Level 8
Yabooer said:
Sorry for the very very long absence but trust me it was well worth it, we have covered so much ground it is ridiculous.

Our coders have been working very hard and we are amazed at how much work they have gotten done, and show some gratitude to all their hard work!

First off we have the combat system, which is...

Check out the full post here at our newest Updates forum!

http://ardentheroes.freeforums.org/updates-f12.html

Stay active on our forums guys, as progress is going to just flow soon, we would also appreciate some input on ideas, etc... That are already put in as a thread, and of course if you haven't signed up, sign up at our website at ardentheroes.freeforums.org

Also, we will be needing 3-4 more beta testers as we have lost our old ones due to inactivity, more may open if we do not receive word from them.

Level 8
Show us some loving boys and girls, we could really use the fans at this point =)

Also, we have just added a new thing that will make our dungeons a bit more unique. More on this will be shown in a week as we would like to compile a little mini update of our work.

Level 17
Okay, okay. I LOVE YOU :D
This project is awesome as hell, and I check this thread more than once a day.

As far as I know this is the only existing project at the moment that would make me go back and try warcraft 3 once again. I quit playing it entierly about a year ago.

Level 25
I'm not sure if Yabooer included it in the latest update (because I didn't really read it that much), but I've been revamping Khar'got Palace, which is the first instanced dungeon players will experience early-on in the RPG around level 9 or 10.

On top of that, I'm also finalizing the playability of Millbrow. The zone is pretty small, but the reason it's taking me so long is because my time is very limited and I've been redoing details and pathing in that area over and over. So in the BETA, if it looks plain in or whatever, it's probably because it isn't COMPLETED yet but I would still like the tips about it anyway so that I can improve it.

PS: Thanks for teh luvz.

Level 8
Yabooer said:
Great news from all of us here, we had our first meeting where all 6 of us met up at a specified time and talked/worked for 3 hours, which is a first seeing how we have conflicting schedules.

From the designing side, Wolfe and myself have worked on fixing up the boss fights for the release of the closed beta which might I add is very very near...

Stay active on our forums guys, as progress is going to just flow soon, we would also appreciate some input on ideas, etc... That are already put in as a thread, and of course if you haven't signed up, sign up at our website at ardentheroes.freeforums.org

Also, we will be needing 3-4 more beta testers as we have lost our old ones due to inactivity, more may open if we do not receive word from them.

KEEP US WORKING! Show us your love, let us know there is a population out there watching us to keep us motivated!

Okay, I failed.
I tried to log in but I exceeded the maximum number of attempts. It was then when I remembered that I had a different password in the forum. Oh well. I'll just wait.

Anyway, I want to apply for the beta, but the problem is I can't play online or on multiplayer. But if I play on single-player, I should be able to see more bugs and errors since I'll take my time and inspect almost every aspect of the game.

Level 8
Glad we could capture that for you palooo3, be sure to follow, we are expecting bursts of progress now that all the coders are set in place doing their work.

Level 8
Sorry for the absence work has consumed me for the last couple of weeks, but do not worry we have an update in the works and we are confident you guys will enjoy this one!

Continue following we need all the followers and popularity we can get, we surely won't disappoint!

Level 8
Yabooer said:
After a long absence on most of our teams part, we are all getting back together and getting back to work.

I myself have been busy with work...

KEEP US WORKING! Show us your love, let us know there is a population out there watching us to keep us motivated!

Level 8
Good news has come, we are planning on pushing out the closed beta by the end of this month or at the latest the 15th of next month.

We still have beta spots available so apply and we will get back to you!

Level 8
We are holding one last meeting this Friday, at that point all update news will be revealed either Friday, or Saturday.

Don't worry your wait is not going unnoticed we will supply you with some great things =)

Also we are looking for 2-3 more Beta testers, all other testers should PM me immediately.

Level 8
Attention all people that are currently beta testers, or want to become one, please read and comply with the following information down below.

PM me your Skype name and you will be further interviewed from there, if accepted you will be put into a group containing other beta testers.

Keep in mind we will be hosting on B.net and will require a CD key, Garena will not be accepted, thank you in advance

Level 16
N.Creutzburg

Name: Nicolai
B.Net Account: GamerCreutz
Timezone: Gmt +2
When Are You Free: 9 am - 6 pm
If chosen, will you create a Steam account to keep in touch with other testers/developers? Got one, so yes
Can you provide constructive criticism? Yes
Have you beta tested before? If so, what have you tested previously? Yes

Level 8
I have added you on Skype next time you're online you'll be interviewed.

Still a handful of beta testers needed, apply now!

{EDIT}
Yabooer said:
Well boys and girls the time has come our LAST update before we go into beta.

From the development side I have a bunch of things I'd like to share with you guys...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Project has been moved from here (Where it doesn't get much sunlight to the world) to here, if you haven't noticed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.