1. Choose your means of doom in the 17th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A slave to two rhythms, the 22nd Terraining Contest is here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Ardent Heroes - ORPG

Discussion in 'Project Recruitment' started by Craka_J, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Make sure to not use any general actions done for all players inside a GetLocalPlayer() condition.

2. Craka_J

Craka_J

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Some happier news today, PurgeandFire the coder, has sent me a Private Message at our Ardent Heroes forums and has informed me that he had been pre-occupied with enjoying his summer (which I have absolutely no problem with) and still is but he'll be back to working on Ardent Heroes and Wc3:WoW in no time! So there's some hope for more triggering progress afterall, but as I've said earlier, I've recently become very busy with an important goal. Terrain progress may be pretty dead for a while until mid or late August due to this but who knows. Maybe I'll squeeze a bit of time to work on my mods again. Something to note down is that more time of your life is gradually demanded as it goes by, lol.

Also may be getting a new artist job but we'll see how that goes. :p

Stay tuned and I do appreciate the activity remaining on this thread as well as our forum for the meantime.

3. mckill2009

mckill2009

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    man, you should continue this project, it's such a waste if left undone

4. cornonthecob

cornonthecob

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nobody said that they have stopped working on the project. Lack of updates may just mean that they're busy or something, if that's what your concerned about. Hopefully the team is working on this steadily at the moment. :thumbs_up:

5. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Maybe this weekend I'll work on the quests for the next zone, hopefully get some movement rolling. Just at the moment the coder for AH, Purgeandfire. He is currently helping out Craka with WC3:WoW. At the moment it is just on a stand still.

6. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    To bad all the good project freeze when they come close to a beta/alpha.

7. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    The bug really shook up Purge, he couldn't figure it out so I think he might recreate it when he gets back from helping WC3:WoW.

Though if there are any Vjassers available for this project out there, progress could most definitely continue once more.

8. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would like to be a beta tester, I would really give constructive suggestions and feedback.

9. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    At the moment we are no where near a beta, until we can get this full screen inventory system fixed. We can say we are about ~60% done with a beta coming out.

From what our old coder has said, all we need to do really is put in custom attack triggers for both ranged, melee. After we finish that we can start to create some of the spells, and finally there is our beta.

10. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Wait, weren't you using my inventory? If so I could take a look and maybe fix it.

11. Raj91

Raj91

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Hey, kinda offtopic of the current converstation, but why is this still in the project recruitment forum instead of the map development??? I thought this is way past project recruitment.

12. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    We were going to transfer it to the map development forum after we got the main systems down. From there we were going to wait until it was 50% done to apply for the game to be a hosted project by Hive.

I'll send you the latest map I have of the system.Though the last time it was talked about, our old coder said it was so much of a mess that any other coder wouldn't be able to understand it.

13. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I am good in understanding things, especially when I've made the systems they are linked to.

14. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Let's hope we can get it debugged, once it is, we can surely finish this easily.

Of course, in case there are some new comers to this thread.

Tank

DPS

Healer

These are the talent trees for the game so far, incase you haven't seen them.

Also, each tree is divided into 2's, which will be obvious by the logo's used.

15. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow, man. Still amused by how they look.

16. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    This sounds like an awesome map! I would love to help beta test.... but when i beta test I usually end up just playing o_O

Anyways keep it up! cant wait to see the finished product. If you need any attachment models, send me an Image of what you need made and I'll see what I can do for you.

17. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    I will contact you if needed, at the moment I just want some systems done so we can get the progress back on track.

18. Forgotten_Warlord

Forgotten_Warlord

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
  19. Yabooer

Yabooer

Resources:
    Resources:
    We might need attachments later on, if we do I'll send you a link.

Great news though, we found our new coder! He is going to help us finish most of the slack, and hopefully finish this map with us!

Everyone please welcome our newest member and coder Inferior!

Also a quick update, now that we have a coder we will start to work on the spells system, and getting talent knocked out, once we do that we will get a couple of boss fights coded, drop system coded, quests coded in, and by that time we will have our first beta and start to call in the testers!

While this is all happening, give a very big thanks to Inferior for helping the project out, and another very big thanks to Anachron for helping out and debugging our talent system template so it can be used and ready for when we are testing!

20. indomitable1319

indomitable1319

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yay!

A senseless post...