1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arcane Competition

Discussion in 'Recycle Bin' started by Daelin, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nantuko_Husk

Nantuko_Husk

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i wanted you to participate in the next contest as well.
    but since is yours...

and daelin i think i got silver with that leaky spell,frozen moon,in the elememtal section which had most submissions.

2. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Blade.dk... I agree that the judging was not the best. I was in different moods when I judged different people, and yes, maybe I was not completely objective. But hey, I think my right to mistake. ;)

And the problem is that there are some BJ functions (such as Event Response - Damage Source) which cannot be replaced. Thanks for telling me about that leak. You truly are talented in JASS. Just don't let it get over your attitude and ruin it, ok? If there is one thing I don't like, is see nice people turn arrogant and annoying.

And as for that contest, I won't enter so that there won't be any problems. Though I would've surely loved too... ;)

And Nantuko, if you don't like silver, I can give it to someone else. Almost all elemental submissions sucked, more or else. There were almost no good spells there, except Leopard's.

And btw, any ties were not purposely made. That's how the ratings got. And sorry if making orbs may take some time, but I want to make them look good. ;)

~Daelin

3. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, it's quite good that i went as far as the third place with gui spells (i'm just learning JASS, i am not so good at it that i could have made any good spells with it), and congratulations for the winners.

About Winevall: i did not really had a lot of time to remove the bugs from this spell, but as far as i know it creates a wall shape thing when the 0.07 sec delay is disabled. I think something may interfere with the spell because when i copy it to other maps (without any change), the wall works as intended. And i could have used pause unit instead of the minimum speed = 0.

4. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Pause unit sucks. I try to avoid it as much as possible. It removes the inventory...

As for the error, I already told you. It was the (Integer A). It interefered with another spell, but I couldn't really get with which.

~Daelin

5. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Off-topic but...

*chuckle*

6. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is for my Fear Aura..

And let me quote this from spell forum, when someone ask about aura..

No heart feelings yo, Daelin. :twisted: :wink:

7. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You guys are like hunters... Who are you to judge me Leopard? I think you are pushing over the limits with these comments. You just want to show me that I'm wrong, don't you?

Well my friend, I'm disappointing you then. Of course that you can make auras that way, but it's not the most efficient. I helped that guy by letting him pick the way he finds that is easiest, not the most efficient. Usually efficiency comes with a price: harder coding, and some may not be able to do that kind of coding. And yes, I rated the spell for efficiency, and I say that using dummy units to follow the caster is not an efficient way. My contest, my rules!

And no heart feelings? Stop trying to show me that I'm wrong, cuz I'm not! You think I don't have the right to mistake? I can't wait to see your next mistake so that I can penalize you! Have a nice day!

~Daelin

8. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    No, i ain't judge you. There no right and wrong in spellmaking, it just efficient and unefficient ways. Yeah, mine is unefficient, i agree about that. :roll:

First time i see your judge, I admit it that i'm not use efficient way. Once again, I agree about that. That's why i feel strange when you give advice like what i've done. That's all, Daelin. :roll: But you're right, some people maybe wanna use easier way. :wink:

Ho ho, don't wait until I have a mistake, Daelin, coz i've just made it. Disappointing my friend is a mistake. :wink:
    Take it easy now.

9. Pyrodactyl

Pyrodactyl

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    lol

I always mix up W and V :D

Edit: hmm i can only see a nice X instead of the orbs... perhaps it's just a problem with my net or something

10. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess I overreacted Leopard. It's just that I'm sick of people juding me lately, and judging anything I do. And it's not only on the forums. I wish it were. Sorries for being so aggressive, but please understand that I'm passing through an awful period of my life.

And btw, yes, those are three golds, three silvers, three bronze. You can see silver because the orbs are gray. Bronze is gold/maroon. Gold is colored. And you actually have 2 and a half gold because you can notice that the technology orb (third from left) is only a half, the other half being just a green cloud. The other half belongs to Blade.dk2.

Pyrodactyl, it's just you. I can see the orbs. ;)

I really hope you like the orbs guys.

~Daelin

11. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh, i think the sequence is Bronze, Silver, Gold. I didn't notice that those golds are actually bronzes. Are each of our orb has a specific theme that discribe our spell/section that we win?

Is that for Future Section?

12. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Of course they do... I made an individual orb for each ability. For you, from left to right:

Bless, Elemental, Technology, Day/Night, Chain, Cinematic, Defensive, Projectile, Creativity.

~Daelin

13. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Actually I think your judgings were good :D .

Sorry if I ever offended you, friend, it was never my intetntions

14. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    Calm down guys, contest was made for fun, not for prizes [not at all :)]

15. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Np Blade.dk... And btw, your medals are (from left to right): Chain, Creativity, Defensive, Resource, Mental, Technology, Projectile and Cinematic. ;)

Jacek... It's true. The issue here was not the prizes. And people usually won't participate in a contest if there are no prizes in the middle of it.

~Daelin

16. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, may be different when someone like a mod makes it, though. :p

17. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That's true as well... But considering that at the point I started the contest I wasn't a mod yet my only chance was to give some nice prizes. ;)

~Daelin

18. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, thanks. The gold ones are colored silver gray and bronze, well bronze-colored am I right?

19. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think i got bronze for curse :roll:. But, anyway no matter, maybe you forget.

20. imported_redscores

imported_redscores

Resources:
    Resources:
    thx for the bronze :) i hope my spell has made a good job ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.