1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. From the gates of hell, the 5th Special Effect Contest Results have emerged.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Arcane Competition

Discussion in 'Recycle Bin' started by Daelin, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh, you mean the one in which he said he was doing some ice effects, and then Leopard said that a few parts looked like his spell's?

Btw, are there any Team entries yet? If not, this is a post to tell people to do it, if there is, then good... I'm trying to make one >.>

2. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Team spells exist... Why don't you read the rules of the contest? You put such obvious questions...

~Daelin

3. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    You've spelled my name with a "-" it's with a "." :D .

4. Nantuko_Husk

Nantuko_Husk

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well... i will participate with 3 (or maybe 4) spells
    in defensive and Elemental not sure for the other spell where to participate.

Await for my spells tomorrow morning (date 15)

and In about 1.30 hours the time will be 0.00( in my local time) and date 15 so GOOD LUCK and HAVE FUN (not sure if fits here) :roll:

5. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Contest ended! I will soon start judging...

~Daelin

6. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    When the results will be ready?

7. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Patience, my friend, and remember, Daelin is away currently.

8. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    BTW, you ain't join the contest aren't you? I think you write somewhere that you already have some spells to enter. :?

9. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm sorry but it will take some more time, since I have been very busy... My apologeze.

~Daelin

10. Jacek

Jacek

Resources:
    Resources:
    I had, but I gave up. I thought that I'll make my spells and release them in spellpack, including "alpha" versions of my Arcane C. spells.[/quote]

11. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Its time I explained why this took so long. First of all, I went to the beach, and that of course, took some time from my RL.

Then, I got sick and for two weeks, I was unable to do anything. Then my computer started to mess up with and however, I was able to judge most of the resources.

Now everything seems to be normal. I still have the judge some persons, which unfortunately have loads of spells entered into the competition, and of course, all the persons with JASS coding (I was too lazy to look over it yet).

And why is this judging taking so much? Because I'm not only rating. I'm explaining my rating for each point: Eye Candy, Implementability etc. In the end you will have more than just some numbers thrown. I even tried to give some advices to some of you. And yes, everyone will have access to these info.

All I am asking for is a little bit more patience. The people whose spells are already judged appear in green on the first page. But please, don't bother to ask what you did, cuz I won't tell you. I am making this right now, but until I am done, I don't think I will update it anymore. Unless it takes much of course. ;) Thank you for your patience!

~Daelin

12. Mr. Clean

Mr. Clean

Resources:
    Resources:
    Take your time. I actually had fun with this contest and might of improved my skills with spell making a little thanks to it.

13. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok, it´s time for the results.

14. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Lol, I worked my butt yesterday (umm, sorry the expression) and I'm almost done now. I still have your spells judge Blade.dk. And leave the sarcasm behind, it doesn't suit you well.

~Daelin

15. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since there are many interested in their total scores I am going to make them public here. I'm sorry that I couldn't attach those, because they were originally written in notepad and now they might look a little fishy. Don't bother asking me to reconsider my judging because I won't. As in the case of those who
    both got gold, you will each receive half an orb.

1) Nantuko Husk (62/100)

a) NX024 (60/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Can be easily balanced, can be used in a melee map but the effect isn't extremely original.
    Code - 8/20 - Spell leaks. I have seen location leaks (example: check the ta function). Function tc could've been done
    a little bit more efficient but I won't downrate for that. I just don't like that all those locations leak. There are too
    many of them.
    Eye candy - 5/15 - Just a rocket launching at a target. I understand that this is a passive but it could've looked better.
    Implementability - 9/10 - You made the raw code functions but you could've also mentioned through a comment what objects
    should the one who wants to import it in his/her map, copy.
    Difficulty - 8/20 - Not a hard spell. However, you proved that you can trigger passive spells with a random chance of success.
    It can even be done MUI just by making it in GUI (but its nice that you made it in JASS ;)).

b) Doom Day (56/100)
    Spell Effect - 20/35 - Not original (diablo 2 armageddon). Quite imbalanced unless you use it as an ultimate. I wouldn't
    suggest it for a melee map. It has indeed been done before.
    Code - 8/20 - Again, location leaks along with special effect leaks. I like the fact that you knew how to make a channeling
    spell.
    Eye Candy - 12/15 - It looks really cool. I like the way you made the flames fall. If you wanted to make it look like armageddon
    you succeeded.
    Implementability - 6/10 - You didn't give any instructions but since it is GUI, it shouldn't be such a big problem for
    mediocre mapmakers.I wonder if you know JASS why didn't you combine all the four triggers into a single one, to make the
    implementability simplers. I saw a comment, but it is too brief for implementability.
    Difficulty - 10/20 - Medium difficulty. You proved that you know how to make custom channeling spell but still...

c) Frozen Moon (69/100)
    Spell Effect - 25/35 - The effect is pretty neat and original. However, I don't see the connection between moon and ice. But
    the spell is still neat. And still, why just damage? You could've done something more than just damaging the units...
    Code - 12/20 - Leaks sweet leaks. You really have a problem with them. Atleast you nullified the variables.
    Eye candy - 14/15 - Nice... I like the way you made the frost bolts rotate and then the moon ray shine in the middle of the
    circle.
    Implementability - 6/10 - Same as for Doom Day.
    Difficulty - 12/20 - Again, a simple spell. If you would've done something different, and not only damage, I might've reconsidered
    it. Rotating the frost bolts in GUI was neat though.

2) Monky-Master (61/100)

a) Ice Storm (61/100)
    Spell Effect- 18/35 - Such ice explosions are no longer original. However, some details of the spell were inventive. Your spell
    is overpowered (even if you would decrease the damage) and moreover, I noticed that you didn't give locust ability to the dummy
    units so I could select them. Be more careful next time!
    Code - 13/20 - Again, I noticed location leaks. Even if you used GUI, such leaks can be removed through simple Custom Scripts.
    But even so, you forgot to nullify all the unit variables which is bad. Be more careful next time.
    Eye Candy - 15/15 - Very very nice. I like it!
    Implementability - 5/10 - You gave absolutely NO instructions, about what objects should be copied. But its GUI, so it shouldn't
    be a problem for most mapmakers.
    Difficulty - 10/20 - Medium difficulty. It isn't a challenge at all.

3) Angel of Doom (41/100)

a) Nuclear Strike (41/100)
    Spell Effect - 13/35 - First of all, its not original at all. Secondly, its quite overpowered. And I didn't like the fact
    that you are too lazy to make a custom lightning shield. If someone would want to use your spell, he/she wouldn't be able
    to use lightning shield as well. Irradiation stuff was pretty cool though.
    Code - 10/20 - I didn't see the point of the custom scripts at the beginning of the code. And yes, your spell leaks. You didn't
    nullify any variables, not to mention locations. Use custom scripts efficiently. A pro is that it can be used by more than one
    player.
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - Not very impressive. You made the point stuff like in starcraft, followed by the rocket. I like the way
    you made the "mushroom" followed by the black terrain and deformations. Mediocre.
    Implementability - 5/10 - You gave no instructions about anything. But its GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Difficulty - 6/20 - Simple spell. Its not a challenge even for a mediocre spellmaker.

4) Arksword (69/100)

a) Telekinesis (69/100)
    Spell Effect - 33/35 - Impressive. Very original, very well done, not to mention that it is balanced. The only minus is that
    I couldn't really see it in a melee map. But except that, excellent!
    Code - 8/20 - First thing I noticed was the event of the spell. Since you used "An unit begins casting an ability", it can be exploited.
    I like the way you made the controls, but still, there are quite many triggers. Moreover, since you didn't store the Dark Conversion
    effect into a variable, it might happen that it won't be removed if another special effect occures while the spell is running.
    I'm surprised to see leaks at you. No variables nullified, not to mention leaks.
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - Not much. Just a Dark Summoning effect of the unit while it is kept in the air. Could've been something
    "bigger".
    Implementability - 4/10 - I'm dowrating you here because this spell really needs some guiding. It contains a lot of
    triggers, so mentioning what and where is extremely important. But its GUI, so it isn't a tragedy.
    Difficulty - 17/20 - Not the hardest spell but difficult indeed. Not many could do it, especially in GUI.

5) Telefragged (58/100)

a) Eye of the Storm (47/100)
    Spell Effect - 12/35 - Effect is not impressive at all. Just a war stomp with different effects. It would've been nice if the
    invisible effect would've worked as well. I'm counting it as successful here since its a coding problem that it didn't work.
    Code - 7/20 - ALL the variables leak. You didn't nullify atleast one. And of course, location leaks are everywhere. I didn't see
    the point of storing the casting unit since you could've mentioned it after waits as triggering unit. Moreover, the far sight
    stuff didn't work because right after it you ordered the dummy to cast war stomp and so, only the latest one was executed. You
    could've either use two dummy units or wait between the two spells, atleast 1.00 seconds. And btw, at the end you could've used
    a FOR instead of removing all the lightning one by one. More efficient.
    Eye Candy - 12/15 - Yes, effect is indeed cool with all the lightning.
    Implementability - 10/10 - Finally someone who made tons of comments and even made a separate note for implementation. Good job!
    Difficulty - 6/20 - Very very simple spell. Even the lightning effect was simple.

b) Dual Strike (68/100)
    Spell Effect - 25/35 - Spell is original. However, it is overpowered, because it allows to keep doing the team attack after every
    attack. I would've made a total 60 seconds timer, and not after each attack. The damage is huge (but that could be solved) and
    I really wouldn't like to see it in a melee. Overall a pretty nice spell.
    Code - 11/20 - First thing's first, the spell leaks. You didn't nullify any variable and you have location leaks. I like the way you
    manipulated the 60 seconds timer, so the units won't accidently reveal while the spell is taking place. You nicely made the
    attack phase. One more suggestion, you could've set through variables the type of the two casters, so that the mapmaker doesn't
    have to change them everywhere. Only a single change in a variable is faster.
    Eye Candy - 8/15 - The way the two units surround the target is nice. However, it is not spectacular.
    Implementability - 10/10 - Again, tons of comments and a separate note. Nice... ;)
    Difficulty - 14/20 - This is a more difficult spells. No noob could do it. You need experience in spellmaking to accomplish
    it.

6) Mr Clean (38/100)

a) Reflect (DISQUALIFIED - 26/100)
    Spell Effect - 5/35 - Not original. I would really like to see it in melee. But you made it work only for certain spells. You
    could've searched a general "formula" so it works for all the spells, atleast which target the caster directly. It works for
    a limited number of spells, and so it is pretty useless.
    Code - 5/20 - The idea of the code is horrible. For each spell to add an IF. Not to mention that it has a location leak. Terrible!
    Eye candy - 3/15 - Just an immolation effect around the hero. Atleast its something.
    Implementability - 3/10 - You didn't give any info, not to mention that if someone would want to make it work for any other
    spell, they would need to be added manually.
    Difficulty - 13/20 - In this stage, the spell isn't difficult at all. However, making it general IS harder. I guess it was
    far too challenging for you.

b) Thunder Blade (52/100)
    Spell Effect - 20/35 - The idea of a blade falling from the sky is original indeed but all it does is damage. Its quite balanced
    but however, I wouldn't see it in a melee map. It isn't something that would impress but its nice.
    Code - 6/20 - Dude, did you ever hear about ARRAYS? Instead of 100 variables you could've used one with indexes. And so, you could've
    used a FOR to refer to all those units, instead of having tons of actions. And don't kill the dummy units. Remove them. Oh,
    and btw, the smallest wait is automatically 0.10. If you use a smaller value, it will be set to 0.10 ingame. And as for memory
    leaks, they are everywhere. You didn't nullify atleast a variable, and as for location leaks... I don't know why I'm bothering
    to mention them.
    Eye Candy - 13/15 - Pretty cool with all the lightning here and there. However, the blade was kinda stupid standing on a pedestal.
    Implementability - 5/10 - Its GUI so even though you gave no info, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Difficulty - 8/20 - Not a hard spell. Any mediocre spellmaker can do it.

c) Judgment (39/100)
    Spell Effect - 15/35 - First of all, this isn't a projectile spell, so I'm dowrating for not fitting in the right cattegory
    very well. Secondly, the spell is just like another Armageddon spell with beams damaging. Has been done before and its not
    original. However, I would see it in a melee map and I find it balanced.
    Code - 5/20 - A for would've been perfect in the first trigger. Secondly, why did you use a region? You just complicated yourself.
    You could've used polar projection, of course with the condition that you avoid leaking by removing the projection. Its
    very inneficient.
    Eye Candy - 8/15 - Nice with all those reviving beams here and there. But its pretty plain. You could've add more effects.
    Implementability - 5/10 - Once again, NO information but its GUI so it shouldn't be a problem.
    Difficulty - 6/20 - Very simple spell. Its not channeling so it isn't hard. Even noobs can do it if they have the basic
    knowledge.

d) Create Monster (33/100)
    Spell Effect - 10/35 - Balanced and original. However, you restricted it only to three doodads, so that for each doodad you
    have to make a different trigger. And this is bad... I would really see it in a melee map if it would be made to work for each
    doodad.
    Code - 10/20 - Leaks, location, units and effects. Code is not efficient because for each doodad you need a different
    trigger.
    Eye Candy - 4/15 - Just a Raise Skeleton Effect? Its quite poor.
    Implementability - 3/10 - You gave no info and if someone wants to use it for other doodads, he/she must add a new trigger
    for every other.
    Difficulty - 6/20 - If you would've found a more efficient method, it would've been indeed challenging. But in this way,
    its just another mediocre spell.

7) mr_coolies (37/100)

a) Bless (37/100)
    Spell Effect - 15/35 - Not very original. Howl of terror with little changes so it gets dispelled in some cases. Not very
    original. But I would definitely see it in a melee map and yes, through the debuff effect it can be balanced.
    Code - 7/20 - Code is poor. You didn't do any hard-coding here. You even have some location leaks. But hey, its MUI only
    through GUI and that slightly increases your rating.
    Eye Candy - 4/15 - Just the reveal buff and blink when it disappears? You could've done more than that.
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but its GUI, and it requires only two triggers, the spell and the buff. Moreover, it
    may need buff adjustment in the spell's field for buff. But its not a disaster, and most mapmakers could do it.
    Difficulty - 6/20 - Simple spell. I would recommend it to beginners. Coding was not complicated and the spell itself is howl
    of terror with a couple of changes. Something more challenging would've been nicer.

b) Bloody Rage (52/100)
    Spell Effect - 23/35 - Interesting. Pretty balanced, but I think it would cause too much chaos in a melee map. Pretty useful
    though when big groups of units are fighting. Quite original and pretty balanced. But why so big armor reduction? Isn't it
    enough that you are forced to attack enemy units? With big armor reduction is sounds more like a suicide spell.
    Code - 12/20 - Again Howl of Terror. You seem to like that spell. This time coding was heavier. Again, it leaks quite a lot.
    The idea is pretty nice to leave the unit attack a target if it is already attacking an enemy unit. Overall, mediocre
    coding.
    Eye Candy - 4/15 - Almost inexistant. Buff and casting effect, nothing else.
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but again, its GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem. Some variables need to be imported,
    the spell itself and triggers of course.
    Difficulty - 8/20 - A more challenging spell than Bless, but not very difficult.

8) Spellweaver (66/100)

a) Web of Destiny (66/100)
    Spell Effect - 20/35 - Could-be-Balanced spell, not very original because of the time stop+purge+damage stuff but you tried
    to change that by adding nice effects. Not good that affects the entire map. It should affect ONLY the units inside the web.
    And yes, I noticed that atleast the purge+damage affects only the units in the web.
    Code - 13/20 - Things stuff wasn't necessary. Its enough that you gave an initial value of the variable to false. Location
    leaks. You didn't need the caster variable. Triggering unit remains active over waits. You destroyed special effects and
    lightning. You know how to work with locations and lightning, to obtain cool effects. And that's a good stuff!
    Eye Candy - 13/15 - The effect really impressed me. They were really cool. And I like that you added sound effects. That is
    not really an EYE candy, more like an ear candy. :)
    Implementability - 10/10 - Its GUI and you gave information step by step. Nice!
    Difficulty - 13/20 - The eye candy effects made it pretty challenging. But if it would've done more than just damage,
    I would've been more impressed.

9) Mono (41/100)

a) Chain Lightning Attack (36/100)
    Spell Effect - 15/35 - Not original. However, it is balanced, I would really see it in a melee map. And still,
    the spell is buggy since the chain lightning actually affects only the first unit, not in a chain. That was a big mistake,
    and so I am afraid I'll have to downrate you. And moreover, it works even when you don't actually attack the target.
    Code - 6/20 - First of all, I don't like that you made it work only for a certain unit. What if two units learn the ability?
    And its not that it couldn't have been made MUI in GUI with simple actions. As a condition, you could've checked if the
    attacking unit doesn't have the ability and that would've solved the problem of the two triggers, into a single one. Moreover,
    I noticed a lot of useless coding, with IFS and blabla for levels. You could've elaborated the trigger's condition in such a
    way that you wouldn't need the IF/THEN/ELSE so that you have to copy all the code again. Moreover, the way you are randomizing
    is confusing but that's your own problem. However, it would've been easier to go between 1 and 100 and check if it isn't less
    than or equal to your chance of success. Now, the trigger leaks, you still have some text writing "Complete!" which is not
    a good idea. And because you removed the dummy unit so fast, it doesn't affect all units in a chain, just the first one. A 1.50
    seconds expiration timer would've been perfect. But nooo, you had to WAIT and then remove the unit. Its obvious that you are
    not experimented in a lot of spellmaking tricks yet. And a thing I don't understand is why didn't you make this spell basing
    it off the orb ability? It would've been much faster but of course, the problem would've been if the unit would've had another
    orb ability. So you may have your reasons, but the way you made it is totally inneficient.
    Eye Candy - 5/15 - Not much. The ordinary chain lightning effect. Atleast its something.
    Implementability - 3/10 - Absolutely no information and the code is pretty complicated. Lots of variables and stuff. And still,
    its only GUI, but it would be a problem for beginners.
    Difficulty - 7/20 - Very easy spell. You just complicated it by triggering it but I guess you wanted to obtain a "stackable"
    with orb effect.

b) Double Attack (46/100)
    Spell Effect - 17/35 - More original. Balanced, I would see it in a melee map. However, it doesn't really fit the
    description of the projectile section, but I'll still accept it (with a slight downrating). Its buggy if the hero has any
    beneficial spells (such as roar) since the bonus damage coming from the spells won't be added to the unit.
    Code - 7/20 - Again, lots of useless conditions, two triggers which could've been reduced to one, lots of variables, which
    IMO are pretty useless. For the items, you could've just taken a single variable and create the items one by one, by taking
    their type into variable and then putting it into the right spot. A FOR would've been perfect. Location leak, variable
    leaks. So overall, quite the same problems. Still, this spell couldn't have been done with the orb ability, so that's the
    main difference between this and the CL Attack one.
    Eye Candy - 2/15 - Almost no eye candy. Just one arrow followed by another.
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave information for mapmakers how to import the spell into their maps.
    Difficulty - 10/20 - Slightly more complicated spell. Couldn't have been accomplished with orb ability.

10) Sansui (56/100)

a) Graviy Throw (56/100)
    Spell Effect - 21/35 - I definitely wouldn't see this in a melee map. I mean, floating objects and moved doodads?
    These definitely are not a melee specific. However, the spell can be balanced, it is pretty original (though I've seen it a
    couple of times before as well), but it does what you say it does. However, I really don't like those numbers appearing on
    the screen. If you would've removed those, the rating would've increased.
    Code - 10/20 - Lala leaks. I think that trigger with numbers was useless. It may have helped you but it seems that you forgot to
    remove it. Moreover, there is another text action which appears in Gravity Throw load (Copy) triggers. Event "Begins Casting
    an Ability" can be abused. Its clear that the code could've been improved and wasn't checked FOR contest. That is obviously
    proved by the helping stuff you made for yourself and forgot to delete.
    Eye candy - 7/15 - Rotating the doodad very fast makes the spell look pretty nice.
    Implementability - 4/10 - You gave absolutely no info but since it is GUI, and there are only variables and dummy, so no
    auxiliary abilities, but its jass so there shouldn't be a tragedy.
    Difficulty - 14/20 - Pretty complicated spell. I wouldn't see a noob trying it.

11) Leopard (68/100)

a) Chain venom (67/100)
    Spell Effect - 25/35 - I'd see it in melee, it is pretty balanced, but I don't like that with each unit, the damage isn't
    decreased, like chain abilities should. Originality, well its a chain spell and atleast it wasn't only damage but something...
    more would've been nicer. Good but not excellent.
    Code - 14/20 - Obvious signs of conversion between GUI and JASS. Why is that? All conditions appear in the wacky form
    GUI->JASS. And its not because I don't support GUI->JASS conversions, its because I don't like the way the conditions remain.
    I haven't noticed leaks... And that's a good thing.
    Eye candy - 5/15 - Mediocre. A chimaera projectile going from an unit to another in chain.
    Implementability - 6/10 - You gave no information, but you inserted the functions for RawCodes and since its JASS, that was
    good.
    Difficulty - 17/20 - Definitely a difficult spell. Not many could do it.

b) Dark Confusion (65/100)
    Spell Effect - 22/35 - Its pretty cool spell, but not very balanced for a 3 levels. I would rather see it as an ultimate,
    and so, I would even see it in a melee. Not very original, I have seen enrage spells before. I don't like the fact that the
    units have two buffs for the same spell. Each unit should have only one buff/spell. That was an annoying bug (you could've
    atleast hidden one buff) or add an item ability to decrease movement speed.
    Code - 12/20 - This spell doesn't require hardcoding. However, it is pretty well made. I like the way you made the enrage
    effect. And still, you have some leaks here and there, effect, global variables and location leaks. In the second trigger
    you really shouldn't forget to set variable to null at the very end of the trigger.
    Eye Candy - 12/15 - Nice but not extremely impressive. I like those locust swarm units moving into the area at the beginning.
    And the additional effect each time an unit attacks enraged is also cool.
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave enough information for a beginner with slight experience with the spells to be able to
    copy it into his/her map.
    Difficulty - 9/20 - Not very hard but I really doubt that beginners could achieve the attack each-other effect.

c) Fear Aura (53/100)
    Spell Effect - 22/35 - Balanceable spell that I would see in melee. Not very original... And again, I see that bug with
    two buffs.
    Code - 9/20 - No hardcoding since you didn't bother to make it multiinstanceable. I don't really like the way that you made
    the dummy units, and practically have them follow the caster. And the cloud idea... hmm, its channeling, I would've tried
    silence. Not that I'm downrating for this... ;) It has location leaks btw.
    Eye Candy - 2/15 - Almost inexistant...
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave enough information for a beginner with slight experience with the spells to be able to
    Difficulty - 10/20 - Aura ability. Not very hard considering that its not Multiinstanceable. Still, not a beginners' ability.

d) Night Slayer (62/100)
    Spell Effect - 25/35 - Balanced spell, because of the day/night stuff. I would really see it in a melee map (on a normal unit
    though...). I haven't noticed any bugs. Its really original because of the illusions stuff, but the invisibility was pretty
    predictable.
    Code - 12/20 - Same way I would've done the spell (not really the most efficient though, there may be more efficient ways too).
    Four triggers, one when the hero learns the ability, another two for day/night removal or add of the skills, and one which
    does the effect of the spell. However, its no hardcoding and it has location leaks too.
    Eye candy - 3/15 - Just a tiny effect when the illusion is created.
    Difficulty - 12/20 - Not very complicated, but neither piece of cake. I find this a bit challenging.

e) Icicle Disaster (71/100)
    Spell Effect - 25/35 - Not very original. I have seen such ice spells before, with little differences. However, it is balanced
    and I would really see it in a melee map. And I find it bugless though the effect doesn't really cover the entire area so
    I couldn't really get how much had the spell expanded. But its still nice!
    Code - 8/20 - Oh well, unfortunately here you weren't so brilliant. You have variable leaks, group leaks and the ordinary
    location leaks. I like the way you froze the units (entagling roots... good).
    Eye Candy - 15/15 - Definitely very good effects. Those blizzards around look cool not to mention the blasts at the end
    and the frozen units. Very good!
    Difficulty - 13/20 - Pretty challenging spell. Not very hard but it ain't easy either.

f) Electric Field (76/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Very original and I would even see it in a melee map. However, it is extremely overpowered, even
    with the damage decreased. I mean, it cuts through enemies like 5 starfalls. It can destroy a whole army in seconds. And
    it isn't even an extremely channeled spell, like Starfall. I compared it to that because they both do damage. And you even
    slowed units as well. Control the damage better next time!!! Oh and btw, this spell would've fit perfectly into projectile
    section as well.
    Code - 5/20 - First thing I noticed was the use of Kattana's handler system which is a good thing. However, your coding looks
    so much like GUI -> JASS conversions. It is not structured in any way, I noticed loads of condition functions which could've
    been compressed into a single one. You definitely didn't have much control upon your coding. I also noticed location leaks.
    Eye Candy - 15/15 - When i first saw it, I said, "Woah! That is awsome!". Incredible effects!
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave all the information necessary to import the JASS spell, and you created the auxiliary
    functions for rawcodes.
    Difficulty - 16/20 - Pretty complicated. The way orbs rotate and damage/purge units that approach them is not an extremely
    simple stuff. Challenging! But not challenging to extreme!

g) Tremor (68/100)
    Spell Effect - 28/35 - Not very original, I have seen similar spells before. However, it is pretty balanced and I would
    see it in a melee map.
    Code - 10/20 - Same problem. Your JASS codes show the obvious GUI->JASS conversions, with no changes. The way you picked the
    boulders is the GUI way, the condition function is the same. You still need to structure your code better, and make it
    simpler to analyze. Finally you removed the location leaks.
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - Pretty nice. I like the boulders arcing in the air.
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave all the information necessary to import the JASS spell, and you created the auxiliary
    functions for rawcodes.
    Difficulty - 13/20 - The only challenge was the boulders arcing and causing war stomp. But it was not simple indeed.

h) Celestrial Star (88/100)
    Spell Effect - 33/35 - Very original, and I would see it in a melee map. I really like the way the armor/regeneration
    increases every second. Maybe the damage against undead could've been reduced since it is far too high. If used in a melee
    map against an enemy undead, it would wrack his army in five seconds. But it can be changed anyway so yes, the spell is very
    nice! Not the most awsome (that's why I didn't give full rating) but nice nevertheless.
    Code - 13/20 - Finally you have more control upon the code. I still noticed some GUI->JASS conversion influentions, but it
    is already much different. The only big problem I would like to point out is the armor increasal. What if the spell lasts more
    than 20 seconds? For those who don't know JASS, it will be extremely hard to change it. You should've addded amongst the raw
    codes a function which also tells how much the spell lasts. This would optimize the code! I also noticed a leak at the resurrection
    effect. Create it and destroy it immediately!
    Eye Candy - 15/15 - Awsome cool star and the revival blasts. Not to mention that when targeting enemy units, the holy bolts
    give an even nicer overview. Very cool!
    functions for rawcodes.
    Difficulty - 17/20 - The armor/regeneration increase every second and the star effect give the spell a difficult view. But
    once again, it is not difficult to extreme.

i) Seal of Blood (57/100)
    Spell Effect - 27/35 - Pretty original. A reversed Vampiric Potion combined with thorns. I would definitely see it in a melee
    map and it is even balanced. However, I feel like it is missing something. The effect is not something fabulous.
    Code - 7/20 - Ok, I'll start with bad stuff once again. GUI->JASS conversions are again noticeable. I see some location leaks,
    And another terrible thing. You have a custom trigger, which detects if the unit is really attacked or it is just an attempt.
    Well, it can cause serious leaks, because your way only takes successful hits, not attempts as well. If many units attempt to
    attack the blood unit, the function will be locked in the loop. It will never come out of there. This will soon cause terrible
    memory leaks! Good stuff is that you gave control upon the life drained.
    Eye Candy - 6/15 - Not much. Just a custom buff effect coming from the caster. You could've add some effects when the spell
    was cast or something. However, the damage reflection floating upon the units (in amount) is useful stuff!
    functions for rawcodes.
    Difficulty - 7/20 - Not very difficult. However, you need some experience to be able to do this spell.

j) Blade Massacre (70/100)
    Spell Effect - 13/25 - Come on dude, only instant kill? I know you can do more than that. However, it is not imbalanced. It
    would surely be absurd to ask a cinematic spell to work in a melee map. So yeah, pretty good but you could've done more than
    just plain kill.
    Code - 12/20 - OMG, quite many triggers. However, timers was a good idea to smoothly move units. Let's see the leaks you have:
    Location, Special Effects, even global variables. Tsk tsk! Overall good coding, but too many leaks.
    Eye Candy - 25/25 - Amazing effects. And since it is cinematic section, eye candy is much more worthy than spell effect.
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave all the information necessary. And since it isn't JASS, it shouldn't really be a problem.
    Difficulty - 10/20 - Because it involves only damage, it is not highly difficult. But it surely is difficult to obtain all
    those effects.

12) Diablo-dk (55/100)

a) Death Nova (38/100)
    Spell Effect - 13/35 - I don't like this spell. It is supposed to be a nova, but the death coils don't really go in circle.
    It is not original, it rarely hits units, so it is also imbalanced (because adding great damage would be a problem as well).
    Death Coils should have a greater chance at hitting their targets.
    Code - 7/20 - Ok, I'm pretty disappointed that you used a variable in the initial trigger, and you ruined the whole
    Multiinstaceability of the spell. Without it, the spell would've been MUI even without requiring JASS. You could've used a
    formula. Since the LOOP uses an incrementing integer, the formula would've been something like (Integer A)*10. I also notice
    location leaks, and special effect leaks. As for the third trigger, it was unecessary. You could've waited 0.10 seconds
    after killing it (and you could've removed the unit instead of killing it) and add the effect then. Poor coding!
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - A nova of Death Coils. However, it is not really a nova because it doesn't form a nice circle!
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but its GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem. Some variables need to be imported,
    the spell itself, dummy units and triggers of course.
    Difficulty - 6/20 - Really simple spell. With some basic knowledge in spellmaking, it shouldn't be very hard to do it.

b) Charge (50/100)
    Spell Effect - 19/35 - Umm, Diablo charge? Not original at all. It just runs to the target and stuns it, knocking back all
    units that stand in its way! Could be used in a melee map is pretty balanced. I noticed that if the blademaster is close to
    the target and I order him to charge the target, he won't do it instantly, though he should.
    Code - 11/20 - Better coding. You've hidden the stun spell! However, you could've destroyed the map initialization trigger to
    free some memory. You moved the unit with a timer and that is good! Variable and Location leaks are present.
    Eye Candy - 5/15 - The blademaster runs in speed at the target. Not impressive but atleast it's something.
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but its GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Difficulty - 10/20 - More complicated spell, but not hard. It is medium-low difficulty.

c) Hurl Boulder (40/100)
    Spell Effect - 8/35 - When I first saw this spell, I didn't get what to do. Only then I realized that you made it target
    boulders. And for that, it wouldn't work in melee maps at all. Why? Because the mapmaker would be forced to add boulders
    into his map. Secondly, the spell itself is extremely imbalanced. It will hardly hit anything since the boulder hits only
    in three places, quite bad placed. You should've allowed the caster to choose boulder's destination. Atleast it is pretty
    original though I think I saw it before. You didn't make it show a message of error if it targets something else than a boulder,
    and stop the caster. So the mana will be drained and the cooldown will be fired even though the spell won't target a valid
    destructable.
    Code - 9/20 - I'll start with leaks. Variable, Special Effect, Location. Coding overall is not that bad but you could've
    organized it by adding some comments. It is pretty hard to analyze it if you are not its author.
    Eye Candy - 9/15 - The boulder arcing and stomping is good looking.
    Implementability - 3/10 - No information and even though it is GUI, it will be a problem since you should've mentioned that
    the boulder units are needed. Some may not notice what this spell targets, and so, be unable to use it.
    Difficulty - 11/20 - Arcing the boulder was not a very simple stuff, but neither hard.

d) Whirlwind (76/100)

Spell Effect - 23/25 - Yes, the idea is indeed original and spell is even balanced. Truly wonderful! However, you should be
    careful at the cooldown and mana cost! They should be decent!
    Code - 9/20 - Unfortunately, here you were not so briliant. The location leaks are critical here, because you use them
    so much and then you don't remove them. You also have special effect leaks and even some variable leaks. Atleast you nulified
    the Spin_Unit array.
    Eye Candy - 25/25 - Wow, the units rotating alongside with the Blademaster effect is AWSOME! And then throwing them is also
    cool. I love it!
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but its GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Difficulty - 15/20 - Damn difficult for those who are not experienced enough in spellmaking.

e) HookShot (71/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Interesting spell. However, dragging units doesn't seem melee style. I think you inspired from Mortal Kombat,
    Scorpion's ability, but I'm not sure. Anyway, it isn't really warcraft style, and still, you succeeded to make it. Good spell!
    And yes, it is pretty balanced!
    Code - 4/20 - Disaster like always. This time you have made some errors I can't pass over. You used "an unit begins casting
    an ability" event when it would've been buggy. And now your biggest errors, you created the dummy units and hooks for player
    1. Bounty always goes to player 1! You still have some variable leaks and some location leaks. This is simply a terrible
    code, no offense! Miraculously, the spell works!
    Eye Candy - 15/15 - Looks good, the way you create a hookshot to drag an unit. You get full points because even though you
    didn't have some dazzling effects, the way you designed the hook is really good.
    Implementability - 2/10 - No information and it works only for player 1.
    Difficulty - 20/20 - One of the most difficult spells I've seen. Not impossible indeed, but hard nevertheless.

13) Pyrodactyl (65/100)

a) Mind Halo (62/100)
    Spell Effect - 23/35 - Not very original spell, yet balanced and I would see it in a melee. I like the name. ;)
    Code - 10/20 - You didn't need Halo Caster variable, because the unit is (Triggering Unit) is both triggers. You have variable
    leaks and location leaks. I also see you copy-pasted a group of actions three times. You could've made a loop for them. But
    overall, coding is pretty good.
    Eye Candy - 9/15 - Medium Eye Candy effects. Looks pretty good though!
    Implementability - 10/10 - It is GUI and you gave all the information necessary to implement the spell.
    Difficulty - 10/20 - Medium difficulty. Pushback from center and damage.

b) Time Stop (72/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Ok, we all know that Time Stop is not an original spell. However, your version isn't channeling, and
    instead affects only an AoE. It is extremely balanced and I would use it in a melee map. And I really like it. It is a pleasure
    to cast this spell! I am disappointed that it doesn't affect magic immune units. After all it is an ultimate. But maybe you
    designed it like this, so I'll take it as a known issue.
    Code - 6/20 - Coding was not hard, I'm sure about that. However, you have some small problems. First is of course leaks. You
    have a tiny location leak. In the first trigger you have the action "Unit - Order (Picked Unit) to Cloud (Position of
    Last created Unit)). May I ask why? Because normally each sphere should cloud its own area. Conclusion, you should've
    ordered (Picked Unit) to Cloud (Position of (Picked Unit)). This is MUI of course. In the second trigger there are some problems.
    What if the units are paused by other spell, or animation is set to 0% or other stuff. You should've used an unit group for
    all units affected by Time Stop, and those still there and unbuffed should be removed, unpaused, animation to 100% and the
    expiration timer unpaused as well. ;) Oh, and "Unit Begins casting an ability" event? *coughs hard* Newb mistake!
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - I like the blue dome which surrounds the area. Not incredible but nice!
    Implementability - 10/10 - It is GUI and you gave all the information necessary to implement the spell.
    Difficulty - 8/20 - Low difficulty. Not a very hard spell, even for optimization.

c) Sphere (78/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Not very original to be honest. I've already seen such energy growing sphere spells. However, your's
    has a totally unique way of development: Immolation. I wouldn't have expected to see this. I was surprised when I saw on which
    was your dummy spell. So yes, the spell is impressive, pretty balanced (by lowering the damage), and I would see it in a
    melee map.
    Code - 18/20 - Usual location leaks, but this time you have no variable leaks which is good. Nothing much to say about coding.
    It seems as if you worked for a while at it. I hope I'm not wrong.
    Eye Candy - 13/15 - The sphere that grows looks pretty good and the energy siphoned into it makes the effect cooler. And the
    releasal is also impressive.
    Difficulty - 16/20 - This is probably your most difficult skill in this pack and I can see that from the heavy coding.

d) Twister (53/100)
    Spell Effect - 22/35 - Not original (Diablo 2, eh?). Atleast it's balanced and I would see it in a melee. For a Air Elementalist
    or something. It's not impressive, I would even say dull.
    Code - 9/20 - I am a little surprised. First of all, I didn't like the way you made an IF/Then/Else for each level and you
    made three separate tornados. Not to mention that the custom abilities of the tornado were three for each as well. Objects
    waste not to mention that you complicated everything. You could've created the tornados, and set the level of the custom
    abilities to the level of the Twister ability for the caster. Secondly, the second trigger takes place too often. The twisters
    won't move a radius of 300 within 0.50 seconds. You could've waited atleast 1 seconds. And lastly, the spell has location leaks.
    Eye Candy - 5/15 - The multiple tornados look interesting, especially when they split up.
    Difficulty - 7/20 - Easy. You only need to make the twisters and move them randomly.

e) Vinewall (64/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Cool idea. And extremely original. I wouldn't have ever thought at something like this. It sure is
    balanced because of the small damage and because the wall can be avoided and it doesn't really have a specific target. Not
    brilliant, but good! The only thing I didn't like was that it wasn't really a wall, but rather two vines between which empty.
    Code - 5/20 - This time I caught you. You made a buggy code! The problem was obviously in the loop so I had to mess up
    with it until I found the source. First of all, you referred to (Summoned Unit) and (Summoning Unit) into the loop, which was
    at the second execution after waits => The two were reset after the first wait. Moreover, you overused (Integer A). I think you
    used it at another function as well, because once I replaced it with (Integer B) everything went fine. If you wouldn't have made
    this mistake,the effect would've been better and the spell would've indeed looked cool. You have location leaks and both variables
    leak. Not a very good code I guess!
    Eye Candy - 4/15 - Two vines in place of a wall, not the greatest eye candy.
    Difficulty - 13/20 - Not very easy to figure out how to do the vines entangle.

f) Golem (65/100)
    Spell Effect - 32/35 - I have to agree that this is an incredibly original idea. I love it! I would see this in melee, and I
    find it balanced. The differences between golems makes it extremely powerful tool, each having their own passive skill. The
    only thing I didn't like was that if I summoned the golem for example on snow, a Shadow Golem appeared, same thing if summoned
    on Ashenvale tile. It would've been nice to have a different golem on each tile. Atleast you had something appear in every
    case.
    Code - 15/20 - The series of IF/Then/Else is not the best but atleast it's something. Spell is MUI but still, it has a location
    leak. Moreover, you could've created the Animate Dead effect outside the ifs, instead of inserting into each IF. Efficiency!
    Eye Candy - 4/15 - Not much. Just a raise dead effect followed by a golem raising from the ground. A better idea would've
    been to have a different effect for every different tile.
    Implementability - 5/10 - It is GUI and you gave all the information necessary to implement the spell. However, it would've
    been better to add all the tiles yourself, instead of giving information about how to add others.
    Difficulty - 9/20 - Not a very difficult spell. It just checks the type of tile and creates a different golem depending on the
    tile. However, some may not know how to verify the type of tile.

g) Soul Harvest (58/100)
    Spell Effect - 20/35 - Not a very good spell. It didn't impress me in any way. Mediocre! I must agree that it is balanced and
    I would see it in a melee map. But using corpses for life/mana? Hmm... reminds me of Redemption Aura (Diablo 2 again). So not
    original! And you didn't validate it! That's a bad thing! If no corpses are in the area, you should stop the caster and give
    an error message. Force of Nature does that!
    Code - 18/20 - Nothing much to say about code. I see some formulas and that you added all used corpses into a group. I can't
    substract anything from here for leaks, though the code is poor. I'll take some for not making a validation of the spell!!
    Eye Candy - 5/15 - Some effects over the corpse, the Acolytes mining gold sound when the spell is cast and the effect on the
    caster. Almost unnoticeable I might say.
    Difficulty - 5/20 - Simple spell. Most spellmakers can do it!

h) Night Spirit (63/100)
    Spell Effect - 28/35 - Nice idea. A spirit which follows the caster and keeps units around it invisible. Unlike an aura, this
    could cause some problems, especially at lower levels, considering that the spirit moves up and there are some units down which
    once the spirit moves, they get out of the aura's area. Problems speaking of strategy not of the spell. Yes, I would see this
    spell in melee and I find it original, especially because of the spirit stuff. As speaking of balance, maybe at the last
    level the AoE is a little bit too big but that can be solved. And you should've validated this spell too!!
    Code - 16/20 - Code consists of three functions. One takes care of the summoning, one of the area, and one removes the spirit
    during the night. Has a single location leak! And validate the spell next time.
    Eye Candy - 2/15 - Almost inexistant. Just the spirit moving around the caster may be something.
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but it's GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Difficulty - 12/20 - A little bit difficult because of the "keeping around caster" and the aura. Auras are not piece of cake.

i) Plague (70/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Not very original. A combination between blizzard and confusion. However, it could cause some havoc
    in a melee map and it is balanced. And yes, I kinda like the way you interpreted the gas to mess up with the minds of its
    targets.
    Code - 15/20 - Well, the usual location leaks. Coding is really simple, yet efficient.
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - The green smoke falling is nice! You didn't use custom models so you have to be creative!
    Implementability - 5/10 - No information but it's GUI so it shouldn't be a big problem.
    Difficulty - 13/20 - Medium difficulty. Making the smoke fall, and making the confusion effect requires some skills.

14) Redscores (41/100)

a) Time Jump (41/100)
    Spell Effect - 7/35 - Umm, this spell is really useless. I mean, c'mon, it speeds up all units. Why? This can give a great
    advantage for enemies as well. So yes, it is really imbalanced (useless would be the right word), I definitely wouldn't see
    it in a melee map, and oh yeah, it is pretty original, except the fact that it isn't useful.
    Code - 15/20 - Very simple code. And it has a location leak as well!
    Eye Candy - 5/15 - The fade filter can be considered an eye candy. And yes, I like it!
    Difficulty - 7/20 - Pretty simple. Just make a global aura and increase units' animation speed.

b) Forcefield (45/100)
    Spell Effect - 18/35 - This is an original aura. Though I saw lots of knockback spells, I haven't seen any repelling enemy units
    yet. However, if used in combo with a melee unit (like in this map) it will be a problem for that unit too, making it unable
    to attack anything. It is balanced but needs three levels (since it couldn't possibly be an ultimate) and so, I would see it
    in a melee map as well. And btw, it is bugged as well since it pushes away corpses as well. Corpses should remain where they
    are. And another bug is if caster uses tome of retraining. The effects of the aura would still remain.
    Code - 12/20 - First of all, the location leak is severe, since it can cause extreme lag if the aura takes place for a long
    time. And secondly, why did you add that special effect at the position of the caster of an aura when you could've based this
    skill off an aura?
    Eye Candy - 1/15 - No eye candy except brilliance aura on caster, which is almost equal to nothing.
    Difficulty - 9/20 - Moderate Difficulty. You would need to know how to knockback units.

c) Blessing of Muscles (DISQUALIFIED - 29/100)
    Spell Effect - 14/35 - This spell looked extremely simple, with no impressive effect. Just strength and life increasal. Quite
    small. I wouldn't see it in a melee map because of the fact that it affects only heroes. It is balanced, but it definitely
    is not something original.
    Code - 5/20 - Well, what can I say about the code? Pathetic and almost empty. Not to mention that it leaks! You forgot to
    nullify the variable at its end.
    Eye Candy - 3/15 - A rejuvenation buff, but I don't understand why. You could've used bloodlust instead. It is a much better
    and the effect would've matched the spell's description.
    Difficulty - 2/20 - Extremely Easy. A beginner could do it.

d) Mine Stealing (DISQUALIFIED - 23/100)
    Spell Effect - 7/35 - This spell is not better. It is fully imbalanced. You can't just take all the gold from a mine and destroy
    that mine. That would give a super duper advantage. And so, no way I'm seeing it in a melee map. It isn't original! This was
    one of the first spells I attempted, atleast simiar. And units killed by this doesn't give bounty. Not to mention that a
    flame strike buff appears on units a second or more with the description Flame Strike. Swift players could easily notice that.
    Code - 4/20 - First of all, you didn't need the variable. You just consumed more memory. Moreover, it has a location leak. And
    last but not least, you decreased life from the targets, instead of damaging them.
    Eye Candy - 3/15 - Umm, an explosion and a thunder clap. Wow... That was "really amazing". Or... maybe not!
    Difficulty - 4/20 - Very Easy. An almost complete beginner could do it.

e) Curse of Pain (DISQUALIFIED - 28/100)
    Spell Effect - 7/35 - Fully imbalanced once again. If Doom was highly disputed if it is a balanced spell, and in the end the
    conclusion was that it's not far from being, then this spell is imbalanced highly. In tight battles, you can just pick a lot
    of units and target them with this spell, then run away with a town portal. No, I wouldn't see it in a melee map. It is not
    even original (just one of those area of effect spells, but in this case lead to the extreme: Doom).
    Code - 8/20 - Better code. You properly removed special effects and sounds. Though variables still leak and location the same.
    The effects could've been created just when they were created. And use more conditions for the spell, not to create useless
    dummies and order them to target buildings.
    Eye Candy - 4/15 - Wand of Illusions was not the best effect. It is barely noticeable.
    Difficulty - 4/20 - Umm, extremely easy? This is one of the basic spells each spellcaster starts with.

f) Solar Battery (52/100)
    Spell Effect - 20/35 - Finally a decent aura. Heals friends and damages undead. Well, not very original. But I would surely
    see it in a melee map. But you should've made it a three levels aura. It definitely wouldn't fit as an ultimate. And it's not
    very imbalanced. Value can be manipulated. Not great but pretty nice. One more thing, even though the description doesn't
    mention, the spell affects the caster as well. Since you didn't mention it in the description, it must be a bug. Again, Tome
    of Retraining could cause severe bugs.
    Code - 10/20 - Leaks are noticed here. Loads of locations never removed. But overall, coding is a little better.
    Eye Candy - 10/15 - All the resurrection effects make the spell look good.
    Difficulty - 7/20 - Pretty easy. If you have little experience in spellmaking, you can do it!

g) Ritual of Gilgamesh (DISQUALIFIED - Spell doesn't match cattegory. Atleast two units must be involved into the spell but
    in this case only one is, and it transforms into another. Atleast two units involved means that both must cast the spell at
    the same time, or atleast they should contribute while casting the spell. The acolytes are for special effects. Nothing else)

h) Plague Cloud (52/100)
    Spell Effect - 25/35 - Balanced spell : poison cloud has a good AoE, corpse explosion does decent damage. I would see it in
    a melee map but it surely isn't original at all. It's more like a combination between Abomination's skill and Corpse Explosion
    (Diablo II, Warcraft 3 Beta etc). And it just lacks something. That brilliance... Of a very good spell!
    Code - 9/20 - Cloud didn't require expiration timer because you would've killed it anyway once the channeling spell ended.
    There are loads of variable leaks,location leaks.
    Eye Candy - 5/15 - Doesn't look great. Poison Cloud and that's all! For an ultimate channeling spell, I would've expected more
    than that.
    Difficulty - 8/20 - Since it is a channeling spell and there are some randomization stuff you used, I'll take it as a medium
    difficulty spell.

i) Chain Burn (59/100)
    Spell Effect - 21/35 - Ouch, buggy. I have seen more than one fireball at a time, which surely isn't right. But it is original,
    and, I would definitely see it in a melee map. One more thing which annoyed me was that the fireball hit an unit more than
    once, thing which I don't think it's right for a chain spell. But I won't substract much for that. And the way the damage
    increases is... interesting but maybe overpowered if you are not careful at the initial damage.
    Code - 9/20 - Your coding was more than strange, and I'm sure that the bug was caused by the way you set the new target. That's
    not good... Unit is attacked is bugged event and you know that. The code leaks (variable, location) but I can definitely see
    that you worked at it.
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - The fireball going from an unit to another looks good.
    Difficulty - 17/20 - This spell was definitely difficult. Not many could've done it!

15) Blade.dk (74/100)

a) Chains of Death (75/100)
    Spell Effect - 20/35 - When I first saw it, I was pretty disappointed. This spell looks just like Chain Lightning just with a
    different lightning. And so, I didn't find anything special at the spell's effect. Obviously it is balanced, and could be used
    in a melee (after all, it already is) but the originality lacks, not to mention the impression itself. You could've done more
    than just trigger the original chain lightning. I agree, it is a cool thing to do something Blizzard did, but... It's something
    we've all seen. And yes, I saw that chaotic blabla comment, but it still doesn't change the fact that it remains a normal
    chain lightning.
    Code - 20/20 - Perfect! Not even I could've done better! I didn't like some functions with a not in front of them. I use the
    "==false" stuff instead. But it's not a control problem! You definitely have control upon your scripts! So it's your own choice
    how you make those functions.
    Eye Candy - 8/15 - A lightning bouncing from an unit to another looks pretty good.
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave all the information necessary for implementation. Even more...
    Difficulty - 17/20 - Definitely a difficult spell. Not many could do it.

b) Animate Dead Targetable (77/100)
    Spell Effect - 29/35 - Not so original, but it sure is balanced and I would see it in a melee. And somehow, I find it pretty
    interesting. It's a spell I like, and yes, I know the effect may seem dull, just a targetable Animate Dead, but I like it.
    I'm also thrilled that you added the validation.
    Code - 20/20 - Like always, perfect! No leaks.
    Eye candy - 5/15 - Pretty poor. The usual Animate Dead effect.
    Implementability - 10/10 - You gave all the information necessary for implementation. Even more...
    Difficulty - 13/20 - Medium difficulty spell close to hard.

c) Pandora's Box (85/100)
    Spell Effect - 30/35 - Ok, this is indeed an original idea. Haven't seen it before and I like it. I would definitely see it in
    a melee, but somehow risk is too much. I don't think it is that balanced. I mean, the difference between levels is not that
    great. Both heal and damage increase. It would've been cooler either to decrease damage and increase heal at higher levels,
    or give a higher chance to heal and a less chance to damage. So that's the problem with balance. But overall, it is a really
    nice spell!
    Code - 20/20 - Perfect!
    Eye Candy - 10/15 - Nice effects. I like the two novas!
    Difficulty - 15/20 - Pretty challenging spell, because of the novas and the way you damage/heal units.

d) Stomp (70/100)
    Spell Effect - 28/35 - Nice but not original. Such jump spells are extremely frequent. Seen them a lot of times. However I
    like this one because it doesn't throw units amongst trees, blocking them there. Or atleast it didn't happen to me. It is
    balanced and I would definitely see it in a melee map.
    Code - 20/20 - Perfect!
    Eye Candy - 7/15 - The units floating into the air are not that impressive.
    Difficulty - 15/20 - Pushing back all those units is not piece of cake.

e) Chilling Armor (64/100)
    Spell Effect - 23/35 - First of all, it isn't original. Old diablo spell. Secondly, it has a bug. It isn't really your fault
    but even in diablo, the frosts were activated only when target was damaged. In your case, even unsuccessful attackers (those
    ranged units who attempt to attack but don't throw a missile) are hit by missiles, and sometimes missiles launch even before
    the attacker has launched his. And I really don't like this. But it is balanced and I would definitely see it in a melee
    map, maybe replace lich's frost armor? ;)
    Code - 16/20 - As I mentioned before, I don't like the way that frosts are launched before attacker is actually damaged, but
    instead just aimed.
    Eye Candy - 6/15 - Those frost bolts flying from the caster are cool, but if they would've been launched when needed, it
    would've looked even better.
    Difficulty - 9/20 - Medium spell close to easy. If someone has some experience in spellmaking, he or she can do it.

f) Astral Travel (78/100)
    Spell Effect - 27/35 - I have downrate your spell, not because it isn't original, or because it cannot be used in a melee
    map (cuz it can be damn useful, though people would probably take it like Owl Scout and Far Sight and ignore it completely)
    or even because it isn't balanced, because it is. The problem is that the spell cannot really be used with other units
    except the keeper of the grove, necromancer and the archmage. Why? Because there aren't any other ghostly models. A solution
    Would be for people to make their unit a ghostly model as well, which well, it's not that efficient. But except that, the
    spell is great! I love all the stuff like when the unit dies, when you try to select the archmage or even when you try to
    get the ghost back. :)
    Code - 20/20 - No comment. Perfect!
    Eye Candy - 9/15 - It looks pretty good. The way the ghost comes out of the body, and the way it returns. I definitely like
    how it looks.
    Difficulty - 12/20 - Though this spell doesn't look easy, it needs some validations and auxiliary functions.

g) Field of Force (76/100)
    Spell Effect - 27/35 - To me it looked like a Flame Strike, but much more powerful. I mean, it damages only enemy units and
    it does hell high damage. That can be solved, but it still seems to me as a Flame Strike. I would definitely see it in a
    melee map and it is balanced, but it isn't original at all. Quite dull.
    Code - 20/20 - What can I say? Excellent!
    Eye Candy - 8/15 - The initial explosion looks good but then the following stuff look strange. I just don't like them.
    Difficulty - 11/20 - Again, an apparently easy spell. But with all those effects and the fact that only enemy units
    are affected, it gets more difficult.

h) Wrath of the Weather (67/100)
    Spell Effect - 14/25 - Effect is pretty interesting, but it looks more like a monsoon+earthquake combo. I like the way the
    units are hit by lightning. It looks greatly overpowered unless it is used as an ultimate and yes, I would probably see it
    in a melee map. But the effect again, is dull.
    Code - 20/20 - Do I have to say anything?
    Eye Candy - 8/25 - Close to cool, atleast at the last part, but it surely isn't impressive at all. This was supposed
    to be a cinematic spell, but it doesn't really look like one. The lightning decending doesn't look like anything. Sorry, but
    this spell doesn't have an impressive Eye Candy.
    Difficulty - 15/20 - Pretty difficult.

16. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sarcasm suit's noone, but is useful for pushing people to work their butt.

Comments to rating:

== false is idiotic, that's only invented to be used with GUI, shouldn't ever be used in JASS.

DAmage/heal for Pandora's Box ain't a problem as it has a configuration section, everyone can change it.

I would say that chilling armor ain't medium, it's piece of cake :). And yes, I should've used a unit got damaged, but that would cause problems with spells for example.

Astral Travel: Evryone can just set a units vertex alpha color with triggers making it ghostly.

BTW my code has some leaks, GetUnitInRangeOFLocMatching has a return leak, but I didn't know it when I coded the spells, and appeareantly you didn't know it aswell. Anyway, the judging has been made now.

When will we get the orbs? :)

17. Nantuko_Husk

Nantuko_Husk

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:

those belong to the past.

Vexorian and KaTTaNa have helped me a lot.

Check my

SpellPack Unlimited [Update 3]
    http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1164
    and
    PowerBash
    http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Spells&ID=1200

for leaks. you cant find one.

also taking second place to all the sections i participated with those sucking spells makes me happy. (cant wait next contest)

indeed blade will have someone to face.
    (without offending anyone)

18. Telefragged

Telefragged

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Difficulty - 14/20 - This is a more difficult spells. No noob could do it. You need experience in spellmaking to accomplish
    it. (For Dual Strike)

It's not really tough to do it. First of all, I am a noob, I'm not an experienced mapmaker, never read any tutorials or anything, I just learnt the ropes on my own and asked questions when I needed the answers.

This is off-topic, but I want to challenge myself. Thus, I'm currently working on a more advanced version where you can pair up different heroes to do a combo (for example, instead of just a fire and ice like now, you could have 6 heroes and pair any pair up {think fire and lightning, ice and lightning, fire and light, etc}. This will be much harder to do! ^_^ Maybe someone can help give me comments when I finish this.

(Wait... I got a 68?! ^_^ *gag* *gags more after finding out that he actually got gold for something o_O*)

19. Daelin

Daelin

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Since I had so many spells to rated and I rated them in different periods, I might've given bigger or less grades. I made the first half one month ago, and the last half, later.

Blade.dk - Honestly, I checked for big leaks. I didn't bother with that coding, check it line by line. I looked if you removed all functions, all projections, all variables and that you destroyed special effects. I didn't check a lot how you made the spell, only the general idea. Those codes are creepy big. Do you know how hard can it be to look in someone's else's code, especially when it doesn't have any comments? And no, I didn't know that GetUnitsInRangeOfLocAll() is a location. *sarcasm

Nantuko_Husk... Well, at that time you leaked. And to be honest, not the spells were really the problem. But instead, I would say the competitors. I mean, who else participated at those sections? Leopard got bronze in two of them, because those spells really were sucky, compared to other stuff he made (atleast the latest spells).

As for the orbs, you'll have to wait a little. I didn't start reworking them. Those orbs really suck, I can do better than that. For elemental section, I am thinking to make an orb depending on the element.

And as for a further contest, I don't think there will be any coming from me, atleast for now. This one drived me nuts.

~Daelin

20. Blade.dk2

Blade.dk2

Resources:
    Resources:
    GetUnitsInRangeOfLocMatching/GetUnitsInRangeOfLocAll ain't a location, but it has a return leak because of instead of creating the group add enumerating all units from the main function, it does it within that function AND returns the group variable it created, meaning that it won't be nullified.

And actually I don't think looking at others codes is that hard, but there's a lot of bj functions that you, me, and everyone else jassing don't know are from bj, meaning that in most cases it could've been done better.

Awaiting the orb :D , And again, good job, a good contest and pretty good judgings (actually I agree with your judging in nearly all places).

Nantuko: I think I'll start another contest in one of the next days, you can enter there if you wanna showoff your skills :) .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.