• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Apply Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Recruitment Thread:
In this thread, you can check out which positions are open to fill in the Apocalypse Development Team.

Greetings fellow fans and visitors of Apocalypse!

Apocalypse's current development team is rather small. Though we're all dedicated to the completion of this project, we are going to need some help with JASS programming. DaFranker plans to finish the physics of the game (Grenades rolling, bullet impact, flame-throwers, gravity gun, etc.) and while he's doing that, we need another JASSer who is skilled and works efficiently, will dedicate their time to work often on their assignments, and hopefully a quick worker.

All members who participate in the making of Apocalypse will recieve credit on the website's The Team page, on the Forums, and of course in-game as well, for what ever they were hired for and their efforts. Apocalypse is a one-of-a-kind mod for Warcraft III and those who take part in the production of this mod will certainly benefit from it in the future once the project is complete.

Things that we currently need to be done are the following:
  • Vehicle hijack system. (More information provided after job is accepted)
  • Weapon switching system.
  • Save/Load system.
  • Monster Waves.
  • Quests/Missions.
  • Cinematic Intro.
  • Rank system.
  • Multiboard/Leaderboard.
Those are some of the things that a JASS scripter would have to do. More information is given to those who accept the job position.

If you think you've got what it takes to JASS script our map, making our desired features of the map possible, then please do not hesitate to either post in this thread or PM/E-mail me! You can also feel free to ask me any questions regarding the position and what'd need to be done.

Positions Available:
  • JASS scripter/programmer: Must have good JASS knowlege; Must know how to avoid leaks and/or remove them.
  • 3D Modeler: Must be good with any modeling programs; Must be able to make models work for WarCraft III (.mdx)
  • 3D Animator: Must be experienced with animating models; Must provide at least one example of their previous work in the 3D animating field.
  • 2D Texture Artist: Must be able to make textures ("skins") for 3D models; Must be good with using art programs such as Adobe Photoshop.

~Craka_J; Leader of the Apocalypse Development Team.

Last edited:
Level 25
Aren't I already in the team?

Just ask for those SFX you wanted and I'll send them... Unless you don't mind me making them public.

You never gave us anything directly in particular. But once you do, you will recieve credit of course!

This project's resources used to be very exclusive, but Punisher_X released a lot of content. If you wish to release the contents you make for Apocalypse, that is fine. Just run it by me first.

You have my permission to release your SFX.
~Craka_J

Level 25
Well the main character model needs some animation tweaks. They kind of clip into their animations and I don't like that.

There are two other models who will use the same animations, so... you'd have to just animate the main character.

I don't there is anything else that would require attention for animations though. Not yet at least.

~Craka_J

Level 25
Yeah, definitely. The more trashy doodads we can get, the better! Anyone up for making models like that for us? But note that you must give it a texture that looks rather realistic, or something which will blend well with what we have right now.

~Craka_J

Level 12
Well I know very little JASS, but I've done many things in GUI most JASSERS thought impossible to do.. in gui.. :p (Like a MUI Meathook spell [sortof{it passes through units and then rips them backwards on its way back}]) If you want I could help out =D. Yes I know I appear very new to these forums... If you have MSN or X-Fire you can contact me.. My email + MSN is [email protected]

My X-Fire name is Ghazghkull
You name it, and I can probably do it! (Except a particle system...)

Level 25
Please provide screenshot examples and if possible, also include the actual file(s) themself to your post to help prove that you're good enough. I know LiOneSS has been around here enough and I shouldn't need his stuff, but for officiality purposes, you must.

~Craka_J

Level 12
#1 = A simple ball game with some cool triggers...
#2 = A really cool spell that I made
#3 = another cool hero I made
#4 = A cool minigame with some cool abilities
#5 = A racing game that uses the arrow keys. It may appear simple, but it is very very customizable.. You can do nearly anything with it!
#6 = A recent game I made thats pretty fun as well. Names self explanatory..
#7 = I can't fit anymore on, but it has 9 very unique hero ideas with really cool spells! (Prolly should replace visionaire testing with that =D)

Hope you like my work =D

(Also I'm actually hiding my best map because I don't want to release it publicly yet...)

Attachments

• Ball.w3x
    28.6 KB · Views: 154
  • Visionaire Testing.w3x
    27.9 KB · Views: 136
  • Dread Map.w3x
    32.1 KB · Views: 182
  • Butcher v1.0.w3x
    64.3 KB · Views: 144
  • RACING!.w3x
    51.2 KB · Views: 151
  • Extreme Paintball~1.w3x
    48.7 KB · Views: 147
Level 34
Please provide screenshot examples and if possible, also include the actual file(s) themself to your post to help prove that you're good enough. I know LiOneSS has been around here enough and I shouldn't need his stuff, but for officiality purposes, you must.

~Craka_J

Her. Lioness is a girl. ;)

Level 24

~Craka_J

i have another project to work on, so i don't wanna in the project anymore
(off-topic) CRAKA IM A GIRL!!!!!!!

Level 12
You said it would take a few days for everyone to be notified. But it's been 6 days.. Have you forgotten about me or can I not be on the team? It's chill if I don't have the technical skills required because I know you want this map to be the best it can be and there's lots of JASSers out there...

Level 25
I'm not really paying much attention to the e-mails we're getting or the posts here. Which means I'm not doing much to no organizing with the team or any kinds of Wc3:WoW-related stuff. I apologize, but I've gotten bored of WC3 after playing it for so long and so often. Now, I play games for the Playstation 3 until I get back into the mood to play the PC again; games like "Call of Duty 4" and "Team Fortress 2".

~Craka_J

Level 25
Currently, Voice Actors isn't what we're looking for. We want to get more important things in such as models and skins and of course, triggers. If there is enough room in the end, we will consider it most likely. :smile:

I am quitting the Wc3:WoW Team, however, I am not quitting Apocalypse. I feel that we can get it done if we get more active triggerers, so... the spot is open to very good triggerers. JASS isn't a 100% requirement, but you must have atleast basic knowlege of JASS.

Wc3:WoW is dead to me, but Apocalypse will live on! This is very good news to those who like Apocalypse more mainly because I have more time to dedicate towards Apocalypse now. I won't be doing much modding work or at least nothing too thorough since I will be busy for the next couple of weeks. Events in my life which require my attention over modding and games seems to come randomly and at the worst times, so don't be suprised if I am drawn from Apocalypse for a few days or more.

~Craka_J

Level 9
Hello there. I have asked ragingspeedhorn if I could join the team, and he send me here.
He said that you could probably use me.
Well, what I can do:
Little JASS, very small amount, just started, still learning.
GUI, have been a GUIer for about 6 months or so.
Just started AI, I have done a basic AI in my map, Era of Alliance.

I am MCR-ELSKER on http://www.thehelper.net/

Level 25
Hello there. I have asked ragingspeedhorn if I could join the team, and he send me here.
He said that you could probably use me.
Well, what I can do:
Little JASS, very small amount, just started, still learning.
GUI, have been a GUIer for about 6 months or so.
Just started AI, I have done a basic AI in my map, Era of Alliance.

I am MCR-ELSKER on http://www.thehelper.net/

You will do just fine. But you must work on Apocalypse at least a little bit and get something done before you get credit.

As for bada, C++ might be needed later when SC2 comes out since I heard that C++ is what will be used in it. If anything, you can join a small voluntary modding group I and Raging made called "Condemned Entertainment". Later on, it might grow into something more, official, and bigger.

~Craka_J

Level 19
You will do just fine. But you must work on Apocalypse at least a little bit and get something done before you get credit.

As for bada, C++ might be needed later when SC2 comes out since I heard that C++ is what will be used in it. If anything, you can join a small voluntary modding group I and Raging made called "Condemned Entertainment". Later on, it might grow into something more, official, and bigger.

~Craka_J

Actually it is C. The language which will be used will be C... BUT! C++ is very similar to C because it has just an more versatile version of C.

Status
Not open for further replies.