• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Apply Here Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
You mean the user? Heh. I allowed her onto the team once or twice, but she never really dedicated herself full-time to the project. Only on occasion, and for a project like this, you need to be actively working. Celestea is incapable of working on Wc3:WoW.

Level 4
If you want to be a part of the team, then apply here please.

Show some of your creations and clarify us about what your modding speciality is (triggering, texturing, modeling, scripting etc.)

We are currently looking for:
  • Triggerer's (ONLY JASSERS)
  • Terrianer's
  • Concept Artist's

Any application will be much appreciated :smile:
I wanna be Terrainer + concept art + BUG finder OK?

Level 8
Here's a WIP ofn what Im doing. As you can see, I need to finish the sky, and the background and fix a bit of the fog. Here it is(WIP):

Untitled-124.jpg

Level 8
Does look rushed but it looks like that in the picture so im kinda lost on what to do there. Here's a pic with the sky:

Untitled-125.jpg

Level 8
Hope this looks better. I guess this is my final version unless you guys can help me spot some mistakes. Do I need some more terrain to convince you to join the team?

Untitled-127.jpg

Level 8
That is scaled like in WOW. The terrain won' go any higher dough. Max height. And, I don't have WOW so I'll need screenshots. And if your talking about the city, then I need pictures cause there aren't any of that city on google that I could find.

Level 9
Just scale everything a bit up, in WoW Huts, houses and stuff is acturly scaled so people could go around in there .. Not like WcIII default. And think about the camera, it should not hit stuff behind the Character and **** up all the time, so simply make things less crouded(wider roads, more distance between each building etc.), like in the real WoW :)

Level 8
Ok, I'll do that. I also got another screenshot of the city and it has some buildings I didn't see so I'll make the coty as accurate as possible.

Level 8
You mean the buildings and the city? Cause scaling the map won't do anything for this terrain. Mainly cause I don't know how everything around this place looks like.

Level 8
Im not joining the team yet. Im working on my own project and I can't handle both projects at once so I decided not too join this project and maybe try some other time.

Level 8
Yea but Im not going to terrain everything around the city cause there aren't any screenshots of those areas that I could find and Im not going to join the project until mine is done and by that time, atleast the first wc3 wow beta will be released.

Level 18
Craka want me to make you a little bit more happy than? im going to make the entrance of ogrimmar for you (mehhh i know it isnt much but better somthing than nothing right? )
i shall send a message when its ready. (btw need to use the UTM models because i cant find other models that look better like the ones you used for your ogrimmar :p )

Level 6
Well i try to apply as terrainer here, though i dont have any screenshots of some nice terrain...
The best idea would be if you just give me something i should terrain and i will do it.

Level 6
Oh ya that sounds good, thanks for the idea.
Though i will probably start next week thursday first got some things to do.

Level 2
wat kind of concept art are you looking for exactly?

im a fairly decent terrainer if you need help there and i play WoW. if your interested ill post some pics.
pm me if u want.

Level 25
I edited the first post which lists a few positions we're in search of filling. Of course any mod can use good modelers, animators, and texture artists, but it might actually be helpful to get another dedicated JASS Expert on the team to quicken the pace of the mod's development.

Level 26
hi, been talkin with craka_J a bit, this project looks fun and interesting, id love to contribute to this project, problem is ive only really made vehicles and mechanical units so far :/ so i dont know how many of those you would need in WoW BUT this would be a great chance to help me get better at making organic models or buildings :D so in a way, we could help eachother, tell me if you think you could use me somehow and ill work on it in my modeling freetime

EDIT: lol, almost forgot, i can model which is fairly easy, i can animate (but it takes forever :p) and im not very good but im trying to get better at textures too

Status
Not open for further replies.