1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[AoS] Invasion in Duskwood

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Luorax, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's still so sad; Christmas would have been such an awesome event for the release.

There's one thing for sure: you guys will be as amazed by the new terrain as I still am :p It'll bring a lot of other things too, though.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  2. ZiGOR

ZiGOR

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I see the barbarian!!! :goblin_yeah:

3. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    You could alternatively just release a bunch load of screenshots :D

4. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could, but I'd rather keep the surprise factor for the actual release :) Plus I've already released a lot of screenshots, there isn't that much else to show yet.

5. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Epic jungle creep :D

6. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The big one, y'know :)

I think I can give you something: a short dialogue from the epic jungle creep event:

Open

19:00 - <Garruk joins the acolytes, becomes invulnerable as well>
    19:00 - Garruk: Yes, YES!! The summoning is nearly done!

19:05 - <The early stage of a green portal appears>
    19:05 - Garruk: The portal is almost open, our time is nigh!

19:15 - Garruk: You served me well, my minions. Only one more act of service left.
    19:20 - <The acolytes die, with a short, 0.2s delay inbetwee their death. The portal absorbs their very souls (the souls fly into the portal)>

19:25 - Garruk: It's done. The summoning is now complete.

19:30 - Garruk: Come forth Craw'Nirrix, great Destroyer of Chaos!
    19:30 - <Craw'Nirrix Appears>

19:35 - Garruk: I offer you this realm to devour! Together we will rend this world and cull the weak! When the clensing is complete, we will quench Azeroth in the burning blood of our enemies!

19:50 - <Craw'Nirrix turns toward Garruk and kills him>

19:52 - Craw'Nirrix: You fool could really belive that you can command me?! At least your will is done: the culling of the weak started right now, with you!

20:00 - <Craw'Nirrix becomes vulnerable>

20:00 - Craw'Nirrix: Now, I only need to regain my strength from this messed up summoning, and then my feast shall begin!

7. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    So theres a short cinematic before he is summoned? When is it shown? When you go near him or what?

Btw, Destroyer of Chaos sounds like a title that someone good should hold, not bad.

8. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's not Destroyer of Chaos, but Destroyer of Chaos :D It depends on how you look at it.

Those who're close enough to the "pit" can witness the summoning of Craw'Nirrix; these texts will be shown as texttags (floatig text or what in GUI). After it's done, Garruk's dead body remains there forever, being untargetable, but indicating who you were farming in the first 20 minutes of the game.

9. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well "Destroyer of Chaos" does bring some evil too when you look at it. Maybe try changing it to something that doesn't confuse players much. Maybe World Eater, due to the word feast in his dialogue, or something else. World Eater seems cliche.

10. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Believe me, once people face it, they won't doubt its evilness anymore :) Craw'Nirrix is a "hero" unit, just like every creep or minion in IID, thus we decided that we should make use of the text that's shown on their experience bar, so we gave both of them these unique "ranks", to indicate their epicness. But there's nothing more in it; it's just two fancy rank, that actually sound cool, in my opinion :)

11. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    On your credits list, I can't find "Fjury", even though you had just told me he drew the Tidal Lord icon. Heke? :p

12. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    First post->Team Members :p

Team members ain't credited, and I think you'd agree with me if I said it's logical :)

13. Koronis

Koronis

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi there! Just trying to explain the name of our mega-creep :)
    So, first of all, the "Great Destroyer of Chaos" is a fancy title used by our foolish little orc dude, his real "class" is Chaos Destroyer.
    Furthermore the "Chaos" in "Destroyer of Chaos" was supposed to be an adjective, marking its origin instead of the target of destruction.
    Here comes the advertisement :)
    I have a game on my phone, called: "The Chronicles of Inotia IV: Assasin of Berkel"
    The subtitle's structure is similar, but "Berkel" is an empire in the game, so "Assasin of Berkel" means a killer from/in service of Berkel, not the murderer of someone named Berkel.

However, since my native language is not english, it is not impossible for me to make mistakes, no matter how hard I try to avoid doing so :)
    If that happens please do correct me without hatred and flaming, and I'll learn from the mistake, thus making the quality of our texts in the game better :)

14. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay guys, I'm sorry that the release had to be postponed, but here it is.

I know it's kinda late, but merry christmas and I wish you a wonderful new year!

Invasion in Duskwood Beta v0.86:

New Content:
    • [CORE] The terrain has been remade from scratch, fixing many annoying things, and enhancing the environment.
    • [CORE] Added a small window to the hero selection board that tells various information about the selected hero.
    • [CORE] Replaced the "Exit" button on the shop command cart with a "Suggested Items" book.
    • [CORE] The colour of tower range indicators no longer depends on alliance, but on fractions; red for Fel Force and green for Last Alliance.
    • [CORE] The status plates' textures have been reworked.
    • [CORE] New "Options" menu in the shop with various interface options.
    • [CORE] A portal has been added to both sides of the river; stepping on them replaces "Home Portal" with a new spell called "Arcane Current", that you can use to teleport to the opposite portal.
    • [CORE] The jungle boss has been finished.
    • [CORE] Scoring a kill or assist will now increase the duration of all active jungle buffs by 25 seconds.
    • [CORE] Test mode and certain test codes are now available for everyone (in single player only).
    • [CORE] Lifesteal has now 70% reduced efficiency on every spell, not halved on area of effect or damage over time ones.
    • [CORE] Improved minion movement.
    • [ITEM] Penetration values have been lowered.
    • [ITEM] Helm of Determination's passive penetration bonus now stacks with Crystalized Anger.

Bug Fixes:
    • [CORE] You may no longer move out of the map's range using spells that move your hero.
    • [HERO] Due to the terrain rework, there's no more blight on the terrain, making Nazzari's frozen field always perfectly visible.
    • [HERO] Fixed a bug where Jainar's Raging Whirl buff would remove less attack damage than it granted.
    • [HERO] Fixed a bug where the base damage of Scneer's Netherflame was higher than it was supposed to be.
    • [HERO] Fixed a bug that caused Draku'Jin's Insane Voodoo Aura to grant more defense reduction that intended.
    • [ITEM] Fixed a bug where Void Hunter's Bolter would not grant extra attack range for Kassar.
    • [ITEM] Fixed a bug where Staff of Rage would grant you permanent Ability Power bonus.
    • [ITEM] Iron Mask of Deception and Hexweave Crooked Staff's buff application may now be blocked by spell shields.
    • [ITEM] Mana & Essence Catcher no longer grants mana for heroes that do not use mana.

You can get the map from >>here<<.

Also visit http://invasoninduskwood.freeforums.org/ for more information about the map.

15. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice. Turns out it wasn't as soonish as I expected. I'll test it as soon as I can.

16. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I wanted to release it on a big event, as I said; unfortunately, we couldn't make it before christmas, so this was the next appropriate celebration.

Just making sure our fellow followers have a cool start of the upcoming year :p

17. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Oh great! Now I have no idea what to do first! To celebrate new year or to play this!

I'll join the forum later.

18. Luorax

Luorax

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can do both of them simultaneously :p

19. gorillabull

gorillabull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    icefrog should take notes from you good job

20. Conlan

Conlan

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    possibly the best AoS on Wc3. I hope its still being developed.