1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Trigger] AOE Pause

Discussion in 'Triggers & Scripts' started by wereguy2, Nov 10, 2008.

1. YO_MA_MA

YO_MA_MA

Resources:
    Resources:
    So what i was thinking in my head (havent tested) is something like this:
    2 triggers

this one is initially on, and just keeps the blizzard pauser from going off if no one picks a guy that uses the blizzard skill, can improve performance until blizzard is cast.
    • initially has the periodic event off
      • Events
        • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
        • (Ability being cast) Equal to Blizzard
      • Actions
        • Trigger - Turn on Blizzard Pause Skill Initially OFF <gen>
        • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

the other one:
    • Blizzard Pause Skill Initially OFF
      • Events
        • Time - Every 0.75 seconds of game time
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
              • If - Conditions
                • ((Picked unit) has buff Blizzard) Equal to True
              • Then - Actions
                • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
              • Else - Actions
                • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)

is the checking of every unit. i havent tested and if there are ALOT of units, this should start to lag, especially on slower computers.

**i forgot if "picked unit" leaks, i dont think it does but if so, just set it as a variable before the if/then and inside the loop.

just make sure the buff time for blizzard is like 1 second, or something just higher than the periodic timer so they dont move for a millisecond in between the loops.

2. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ok YO_MA_MAs idea may work, just one question: what does Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true do?

No, Wow, this is proving pretty difficult eh? wasn't sarcasm :p Well it IS the truth!!!
    Is RA3 good?

3. Lord_BoNes

Lord_BoNes

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just a question to throw out there: Wereguy, do you have JASS Newgen? I have been thinking of using structs to help in the performance side of things.

And, hell yeah, it's proving difficult. :thumbs_up:

4. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nup, I dont have JASS Newgen because I dont understand ANY of it :p

5. Lord_BoNes

Lord_BoNes

Resources:
    Resources:
    Here's what I've come up with so far... It doesn't stun units entering the area after the initial cast, I'm working on that. I just thought that this might help other people come up with more ideas. :thumbs_up:

Attached Files:

6. bountygiver

bountygiver

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK, done, just finished it.

Here, wereguy2, is your multi-instance capable "Pausing Blizzard" spell according to your specs. I wrote everything using JASS and used Kattana's Local Handle Vars though, as it is almost impossible to write all these out using standard GUI triggers.

Also, I've added a freezing SFX for the freeze and an anti-bug function for the condition where a caster casting the spell gets frozen by another caster of the spell.

Hope this helps. :)

Attached Files:

7. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OK, after testing both of your spells, I would have to say bountygiver's was better.
    But, as I am a complete retard when it comes to JASS, could you put it into my map yourself?
    I need this because The spell t is for isnt actually blizzard, it is just based on it. Tell me if you will help, Thanks!

8. Lord_BoNes

Lord_BoNes

Resources:
    Resources:
    His map is more implemented. Mine has a better system, but I was very busy, so I didn't implement it as effectively. :thumbs_up:

9. Kingz

Kingz

Resources:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How about creating a dummy unit with "time stop" aura during the spell and delete it if the spell is finished or stoped.
    Then check for units with it's buff every x seconds,pause them and add them to unit group, if the spell is finished or interrupted just remove the unit,unpause all units in unit group.
    Setting their animation speed can also be inserted in the trigger.
    Hope this helped...

10. wereguy2

wereguy2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    ok, since bountygiver seems to have unsubbed to this thread, would you be able to do it, BoNes?

11. Lord_BoNes

Lord_BoNes

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, I'll try, but I got given notice at work today so I'll be heavily job-searching for the next couple of weeks, I'll still try to work on it for you (and me, of course :smile:)