• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone willing to take a model request?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, i have been thinking about this for a while and decided to try my luck with a request:

Could anyone please make me a Tryndamere model? He's a character from the moba League of Legends, i plan to recreate him in warcraft 3, mostly for fun(spells and everything), but i dont want to rip it directly from that game because 1: i dont support piracy and 2: he's too HD to look good alongside warcraft units.

Here's a picture of the guy:
Tryndamere_concept_16.png

And a video depicting his animations and particle effects:

(He has a newer model, but i want it to resemble the one depicted in this post)

The model should be low poly and use only in-game textures in order for it to match the looks of warcraft 3, i obviously want it because i'm a fan of the character, but i also think it would be a nice addition to the model database, specially since i want it low poly and with with ingame textures, so it could also serve as a generic big sword barbarian for anyone to use.

I have no clue about modeling/texturing/animating, but i have some suggestions for the resources that could be used:

Outland's Overlord's texture for the armored parts, helmet, and maybe sword

Centaur's texture for the dark skin and maybe the face

I think the Orc Grunt model could be used as a base?

Let me know if you require additional information about the concept!

Thanks in advance and have a happy new year.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey there, regarding the skin, i thought it was the other way around lol, yeah if it's easier absolutely use a custom skin.

I was unable to find a back shot of the exact model i linked in the post, but here are some pics from a newer version and a concept art:

yekaterina-bourykina-ybourykina-tryndamere-back.jpg

tryndamere_concept_art_by_zeronis_d5m9yv3-fullview.jpg

yekaterina-bourykina-ybourykina-tryndamere-texture-process.jpg

Level 6
AWESOME!!!

Regarding the glow, if you can do it, hell yeah, but in all seriousness, it looks awesome, you make an incredible job recreating stuff from other games

During this time i also decided i will make a mini campaign with him, his old backstory is interesting enough for it :D, will start working on it soon

Level 6
Hey man!, i tested the model ingame and it is amazing, way better than the reskinned grunt with sword i had in mind before LOL, but i got one question, how can i lower the health bar graphic so it is closer to the model? it is kinda too high but i'm sure it is easy to fix ain't it?, also how could i add the attack grunt sound rexxar makes to this model? i have some experience doing some very (very) simple edits to models and i think i can do it

EDIT: Alternatively, if it's easy enough, could you do it for me? didn't want to ask at first because i know you already spent a lot of time at this but i also don't want to mess it up :(

EDIT 2: Attached some in-game screenshots, the rage effect is "Ember" made by Mythic (fits surprisingly well!!)

Tryndamere screenshot.png

Tryndamere screenshot2.png

Tryndamere screenshot3.png

Last edited:
Level 6
Well now, considering you don't mind, would you be able to add the grunting noises rexxar/beastmaster makes when he attacks, to the trynda model?

And out of curiosity, which model is that you reworked 16 times lol

EDIT: Yeah i agree 100% with Stefan!!, this is too good to be hidden in a forum post!!

Here's a shitty video i made showing the model and some special effects i'm testing
It feels like christmas! i love it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.